600 hps + 400 MH or 600 hps + 400 hps

shinobi

ok my veg room is going way to fast for my flower room, some of my plants are 2 ft tall way too much, so this is what i am thinking.

i have,
1 600 watt digital electric green house kit from HTG i only have an hps for that
1 400 watt ultmate from HTG that is hps and it came with a MH conversion bulb
so i can use ether hps or mh
i wanted to put those two in my flower room and for a month or 2 i will use.
i have 3/ 2 blb / 4 ft florescent ballests
i have 5 full spectrum sunshine blbs and 1 plant aquarium blb to use in veg

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS

use the MH conversional bulb for veg inorder to keep ur plants short. vegging with ur HPS light will streach out ur plants. im talking about node spaces of like 8 to 12 inches (no joke)

In my opinion and experience I do not use hid for my vegging. There is nothing worse than working with tall plants. And think they are still going to grow another 2 times the size they are when you put them in flower :0/ I only veg for no more than two weeks, but I am SoG and like my girls to be petite. I would get rid of your hid and put them both in your flowering room. I use the same combo, 400 , 600 however I wish I never bought the 400, much rather have two 600. But yeah, by taking the hid out of your veg it'll slow down their rate of growth a bit as well. And really...its a waste of electricity to have that hid in your veg room.

In my opinion and experience, trying to cut corners In Order to save a buck or two and growing Cannabis DO NOT MIX. Remember, you get what you put in. Vegging with a T5 is all gravy but you have to to take this into consideration, when vegging with a MH light you're going to get stronger sturdier branches as well as a healthier root system. Now everyone knows that the blue light spectrum promotes a healthier root system and you can very well achieve this using a T5 fixture. But also remember, a lot of growers only use T5 fixtures for seedlings then switch to a MH lighting system for the 2 week or longer veg cycle...Its all about stronger sturdier branches to support all of those nice beautiful bud sites. I guess its all personal preference but in my opinion going that extra mile when growing Cannabis will make you a happier human being in the long run. Think of it like this, when growing indoors there are 3 growing phases...T5 for seedlings, MH for veg and HPS for flower. This is just standard growing practices amongst many indoor growers...Im also aware of what a T5 can do from start to finish. I guess it just depends on what type of results you're trying to achieve. Happy Growing!

In my opinion and experience, trying to cut corners In Order to save a buck or two and growing Cannabis DO NOT MIX. Remember, you get what you put in. Vegging with a T5 is all gravy but you have to to take this into consideration, when vegging with a MH light you're going to get stronger sturdier branches as well as a healthier root system. Now everyone knows that the blue light spectrum promotes a healthier root system and you can very well achieve this using a T5 fixture. But also remember, a lot of growers only use T5 fixtures for seedlings then switch to a MH lighting system for the 2 week or longer veg cycle...Its all about stronger sturdier branches to support all of those nice beautiful bud sites. I guess its all personal preference but in my opinion going that extra mile when growing Cannabis will make you a happier human being in the long run. Think of it like this, when growing indoors there are 3 growing phases...T5 for seedlings, MH for veg and HPS for flower. This is just standard growing practices amongst many indoor growers...Im also aware of what a T5 can do from start to finish. I guess it just depends on what type of results you're trying to achieve. Happy Growing!

Oh man I knew there would be a wise guy aboard with his 2 cents! Take a look at my Pictures. There is no need to use hid for veg. This is NOT cutting corners, you could say its being Green!

(Dr. Evil voice) Riiiiiight. Greenthumb422 after looking at your pictures, I strongly recommend you use HIDs for vegging! Oh and plants dont really streach under MH bulbs unless the grower isn't meeting all of the enviormental needs of the plant, also over watering will cause plants to streach. Plants grown from start to finish under HPS bulb tend to streach badly. "There is no need to use hid for veg." Thats a bold statement and I'm sure a lot og growers would bef to differ. Now add 2 more cents to that piggy bank.

I'm still a noob here, I'm in flower on my second grow now, but I'd say DEFINITELY use HID lights for vegging! Metal Halide, not HPS. More light = more growing.

When I was starting my reading, I read a lot of stuff like if there isn't enough light, the plants will stretch to find more light, if a MH is blasting them with all the light they need, then they will not need to stretch.

So far a 400 watt MH has worked great for my veg room. I try to keep it 3-4 feet above the plants, especially when they are little nooblets and can't draw up water fast enough to avoid leaf burn under HID lighting.

(Dr. Evil voice) Riiiiiight. Greenthumb422 after looking at your pictures, I strongly recommend you use HIDs for vegging! Oh and plants dont really streach under MH bulbs unless the grower isn't meeting all of the enviormental needs of the plant, also over watering will cause plants to streach. Plants grown from start to finish under HPS bulb tend to streach badly. "There is no need to use hid for veg." Thats a bold statement and I'm sure a lot og growers would bef to differ. Now add 2 more cents to that piggy bank.

Well obviously you are un or under educated mr dank...I'm sure I could say some other choice things...but I just chalk it up to your inexperience!!! There is NO reason what so ever that you need hid for vegging!! None. I mean its an option, but there is no benefit to HID over cfl's or flouro's!!! None!!!

Yeah...Didn't use hid on these....so tell me the purpose in brain except for a larger electricity bill, the purpose that you just have to use your hid...and oh MH...of course you use MH for vegging when you're using hid For veg. Lets see...I heard you say Stretching...what else???? I never get stretching!! And what pictures were you refering to man...?
Picture_197.jpg

I am unaware of the benefits hid for vegging has on the end results. End results being the above picture. What do hid do for my buds? for the tricomes? For the hairs? For what man? IS the hid for veg going to increase my yeild? Make my buds tastes better..look better ..smell better? Or...hey..maybe it turns my girls purple. ORrrr wait i got it...it makes males turn into females????

Ok ok...I take these Fetenyal patches for pain and they make me act like a jerk off. Sorry Danafied. See that's just the power of those Narcotics man! I broke my back and ogt all kinds of damage and pain to my body and i am only in my 30's. I don't take those too often, but when the pain gets too great..oh man..then on top of that I hadn't shit in a long time...due to spinal cord injury. Shit sucks. But Cannabis does help alot. So sorry for being a jerko. What I was saying man is that, a HID is not super necessary for veg stage in your grow. Really man it's not too beneficial..It's more beneficial for all the hid's in the bloom room. I mean if you're running both rooms and shit it does get to become expensive and AND moreover, it spikes your electricity and it's not too Stealthy. However as in this Pic I am posting...I wouldn't have these plants under anything else than an hid. This is my herb garden..up top I have cuban mint in the, it's all in a flood try and I have al kinds of stuff all around. I wouldn't use cfl's of flouro's in here, I mean you could. But see...The end restults I have with these plants, because they will not bloom nor bud. Conversly, in cannabis, its different and I don't think it's necessarly cutting corners, and not my main reasoning to not use my 400 inb my veg room. Because I totally did at first with this grow. But it was a bit overkill...we tend to do that, and I can acomplish the same results with about 6 or 8 cfl's...and perhaps 8 cfl's is the same in electricity, but the benefits of the cfl's are more than the 400 mh. I can use more area, as in have more plants vegging, and I don't have to really worry about the heat. I just find it not too important to use a hid, and that would be a MH hid to the guy whom was talking MH or HPS. ITs standard the mh is vag and hps or a combo of both for veg. Because that's also what I did. I took my 400 mh out of my veg room and added it to my bloom room. I didn't save any electricity in my case...I found it to be more...way more beneficial to have the 400mh in addition with my 600 hps in my bloom room. The end...grow on

umm some of what you are saying is true. Recent testing has showin that red light helps clones root and helps flower flower better just as phosphorus helps with flowering and roots. That is why when rooting clones you want your ph high enough to allow the phosphorus around 5.9 i keep mine some people like it at 6.0 clone try with rapid rooters of course. And of course mh is good for veging and hps is best for flowering but during flowering it is best to have both mh and hps my favorite setup is 600 hps and 400 mh. flowering and i start veging with cfl move up to 400 mh and finish veging with 1000 watt agromax blue which has almost the spectrum as a cmh being full spectrum except for the cmh bulb has a peak in yellow and the agromax blue has a peak in blue. So in my opinion if you want to slow down the grow and still have nice tight nodes get a 400 agromax blue 70 bucks or hortilux blue if you want but it cost almost 200 dollars. or just use your conversion bulb.. but i havnt had much luck with them i havnt used them much tho and the one i did use was off brand so idk much about them they dont interest me the bulbs cost as much as the ballast so id rather just buy a second ballast and a new bulb for it. So like i said before you should just use your 400 and grab a agromax blue they are great bulb they have the same spectrum as cmh except with blue.. and they are excactly the same as hortilux blue bulbs that go for 200 dollars

Back
Top Bottom