I'm Ready to BUY! 600 HPS

simondetroit

Well I finally got my $$. I'm gonna order 3 600 watt HPS tonite or tomorrow via the net. I saw that HTG has Lumatek Dimmable ballast and the larger 24x21 air cooled reflectors going for $339.00 with free shipping - 600 watt MH HPS Dimmable Grow Light Air Cool Kit 1 Lamp, They are also selling the regular Lumateks that are not dimmable for $329 - 600 watt MH HPS Lumatek Grow Light Air Cooled Kit but I figured for $10 more why not? What is the benefit of a dimmable ballast? Are there really times when you want less light? My other options are a hand full of $300 dollar packages (reflector, bulb,ballast). I'm looking for digital ballast for the quietness and possible resale value down the road. I see most of the $250 to $300 dollar kits have generic brand ballasts but they do offer 2 and 3 year warranties ? Here is an example of one of those kits - 600 WATT HPS DIGITAL GROW LIGHT 6" AIR COOLED HOOD 600w. I kind of dig this set up for only $269!! Well any suggestions or input would be helpful. I'm pretty much just looking for digital ballasts and air coolable hoods that are decen size to put over a 4ftx2.5 foot area each light? :thanks::peace:

3 things i will tell you.

1. Lumatek dimmable dim the light but do not dim the electricity. Yes there are times it is applicable, as during veg if you want to bring the light closer without the intensity hurting the plants.

2. I did all of my initial shopping w/HTG and ill tell you that their customer service is phenomenal, but you can definitly find better prices out there once you start shopping around

3. i really dont have a number 3, i kinda was jus goin with the flow..

good luck w/ your gro bro...

P.S. if you are buying 3 units at once, call HTG up and try and hassle them for a discount, they usually dont need much hassling, and if you are genuwine sounding they do look out for you.

Thanks DroJo. Thanks for the info. I don't plan on vegging with these lights so I'm not sure how much the dimmable option will get used. But for an extra $10 why not?? I like the idea of seeing if HTG will haggle. I'm buying a carbon filter and fan along with some T-5s. So I figure if I'm gonna drop $1800 they should work with me?

Thanks DroJo. Thanks for the info. I don't plan on vegging with these lights so I'm not sure how much the dimmable option will get used. But for an extra $10 why not?? I like the idea of seeing if HTG will haggle. I'm buying a carbon filter and fan along with some T-5s. So I figure if I'm gonna drop $1800 they should work with me?

yea they'll def work with you, i would definitly try and be nice and get a few bulbs outta them and maybe see if u can get the air flow reflector on your units.. they'll throw in grow pots, and seed starters and timers and stuff, ask for tony he is one of the nicest guys there

yea they'll def work with you, i would definitly try and be nice and get a few bulbs outta them and maybe see if u can get the air flow reflector on your units.. they'll throw in grow pots, and seed starters and timers and stuff, ask for tony he is one of the nicest guys there

Thanks man, What store location is Tony at? I see they have a few spots. When you say "air flow reflector" do you mean a set up like this 600 watt MH HPS Lumatek Grow Light Air Cooled Kit or one like this DIGITAL AIR COOL TUBE GROW LIGHT 600 WATT HPS+MH 600W?:thanks:

Re: I'm Ready to BUYY!!! 600 HPS

go to their website htgsupply and call their 800 number or which ever # is the philadelphia one..

They have a reflector called airflow, its one of the best reflecters they have.. very a/c-able.. if you are ordering everything u told me you're ordering they should upgrade all your hoods to air flow hoods, you'll love it and heat wont be an issue @All

Is that true guys free Shipping? :thedoubletake: I can't find them saying that on their site.:scratchinghead:

I've always payed shipping, but sometimes they can cut the shipping cost for you. A lot of ebay retailers dont charge shipping usually cause shipping is already included lol..

i think that if his total comes close to $2k they might give him a good break on shipping or perhaps comp it, it depends on the personality that picks up the phone and how they're feeling

I've always payed shipping, but sometimes they can cut the shipping cost for you. A lot of ebay retailers dont charge shipping usually cause shipping is already included lol..

i think that if his total comes close to $2k they might give him a good break on shipping or perhaps comp it, it depends on the personality that picks up the phone and how they're feeling

Sounds good. What do you think about that prices for those 2 set ups? The Lumatek set up looks pretty decent, however I like the reflector/hood set up on the other site? I'm ordering a big ass carbon filter and I know thats gonna cost some $$ to send. If I look hard enough I can find all 3 of my 600 HPS and T5 unit with free shipping on Ebay.:peace::thanks:

If you haven't bought yet take a look at the Galaxy balasts. I am running two 600's and they are silent and running 24/0 only warm to the touch. I can rest my hand on the balast and it only feels slightly warm.

I looked into the Galaxy ballast. Everything I could find that came with a light setup was $420 and above. And that was with just a regular reflector. Since I need 3 setups, it looks like a Galaxy set up will be too much $$$LOOT$$:thanks::peace:

hey instead of a big ass can filter that will compromise the cfms of your fans, why dont you just get biozone, or ozone jr?

hey instead of a big ass can filter that will compromise the cfms of your fans, why dont you just get biozone, or ozone jr?

How do those Biozone vent units work? How does the air move through it? Or were you just talking about the regular Biozone desk top type unit? Ilooked at those a while back and wondered if I bought one if I would be best off buying the medium sized unit for clearing out a 1500sqft. house instead of the smaller 500sqft. unit. My room is only 12x12. The ozone jr, I think I would need a couple

Greeisland suggested a Uvonair unit in addition to a carbon filter a while back. Smell is a really, really, really big concern. However I dont really wanna drop more than $500 on smell control right now.

i've got a friend using biozone and he has 4 1k watters going, it keeps his whole house fresh, not just his grow room, but the choice is ultimately yours bro, i was giving a friendly suggestion

i've got a friend using biozone and he has 4 1k watters going, it keeps his whole house fresh, not just his grow room, but the choice is ultimately yours bro, i was giving a friendly suggestion

Thanks again for all the info. Do you know if your friend has the biozone that goes in a vent or the regular unit Biozone 1000 Air Purifier cleans the air of biological contaminats like bacteria, viruses, mold, destroy fumes, remove harmful particulates, neutralize odors. Biozone's UV ultraviolet photoplasma method of purifying air is advanced clean air technolo ?

I wonder if the humidity in the grow room would have any negative effects on the air purifier?

Thanks again for all the info. Do you know if your friend has the biozone that goes in a vent or the regular unit Biozone 1000 Air Purifier cleans the air of biological contaminats like bacteria, viruses, mold, destroy fumes, remove harmful particulates, neutralize odors. Biozone's UV ultraviolet photoplasma method of purifying air is advanced clean air technolo ?

I wonder if the humidity in the grow room would have any negative effects on the air purifier?

regular unit

The Dimmable feature and Cool Tubes

To answer the question about the dimmable feature. Not only can u dim the lamp to move it closer, dimming is also effective at hardening off plants and clones. I think cool tubes were designed more for vertical applications. The reflectors I've seen leave a rectangular foot print. I think the reflector part of a cool tube is just so they can compete with traditional air cooled reflectors. An advantage of cool tubes is that the air flow (cooling the lamps) isn't impeded as in square shaped reflectors (in which a vortex is often created) due to the shape of the reflector vs. the path of the airflow. Hope this helps some. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom