My Grow Setup, My first grow would like some input.

Sureshocker

First time poster but been reading a lot of journals let me know what you think?:grinjoint:

Sun Hut Silver XL 4x4x7
Magnum XXXL air cooled reflectors
Lumatek 600w dimmable ballast
Vortex 6" in-line fan
Active Air 6" booster fan
Active Air Carbon filter 6
Circulation fan
Thermometer/hygrometer,
Digital timer,
Sunlight supply 1000w switchable Harvest Pro MH/HPS ballasts

Should i go with a 600W MH HPS?

Im thinking of growing 5-6 plants, What do you guys think?

That 1000w is gonna be a real pain in that little grow tent. You could get away with it, but you would have to take care of the heat issues right off the bat. Maybe do a dry run with everything going without your plants to see how warm it will get in there.

That 1000w is gonna be a real pain in that little grow tent. You could get away with it, but you would have to take care of the heat issues right off the bat. Maybe do a dry run with everything going without your plants to see how warm it will get in there.

That's the same thing my uncle said, I might just stick with the 600w.

Thanks

If the room your tent is in is nice and cool and you are drawing plent of air over the bulb the 1k would be killer in that contained space. 600 is more than adequate and more manageable. I have 2 1ks in a 4 x 8 x 5 space. Great measure were taken to contain the heat.

You're success will depend on where you get you're intake air from.

Eventually the exhaust from the grow tent will heat up the air in the bathroom and you will be feeding the intake air with the same temp as the room. It is always best to find some sort of fresh air to feed the intake. Either that or you can put some sort of portable air conditioner in the bathroom but you will still need to exhaust that out of the room.

i do have a big portable air conditioner which cools any room in sec's.. I might use the guest room if the bathroom gets to hot.

I have the same tent
a 1K HPS
6" duct
small can filter
450 CFM Blower

my temps are 79 at the glass and 74 on the floor
go with the 1000

You can also try to exhaust the tent out through the bathroom vent or window. This way the room air should stay cool, as you say. Anyway you look at it you will need to feed the room with as cool of air as you possibly can... :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom