6040-F2525 A1 COB: Legit or cheap knockoff?

Beautiful. Looks great. Simple, durable, functional, and those seedlings look promising. Have you thought about maybe a box fan or two? They could be oriented above the unit blowing down. Just a thought I had with my build. Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Yeah. it seems to work gr8. No problems running 18h last night anyway. Averaged 26 degrees C in the tent so air heat is no problem. Don´t know how hot the panel got but i´m guessing around 40 degrees C. Hot but not to hot... =) I had an idea to drill small holes in between the cobs and blowing air thru them. I´m a little allergic to box fans... i like radialfans they make less noise and move more air. But harder to implement. Any way hope you have got som inspiration from this build to your own. I hope you let me see your progress when you get your cobs. I will post the progress... =)

A little update! The cheesy girls have moved in to 10L buckets. They seem to like the blurpy light. Still got them on 18h cykel although they are autos. Haven´t had the time to tinker with my astrotimer. Beside this tent i have a smaller that´s inhabited by two other girls but they´r not autos so they need to stretch some more.

Yeah, its going great. With only six of them lit there is no concern about heat. Sorry to hear about your wife. I know that frustration. I live with that too. This even led too that we are going our separate ways this summer. Its better this way we kan evolve more on our separate ways. We will always be friends and help each other. I hope it´s fine between you and your wife in other ways. Take care u2.

Aww that sucks! Try putting some tooth paste on the tip of your tongue before you give her the goods next time. She may change her mind:p
Yeah, its going great. With only six of them lit there is no concern about heat. Sorry to hear about your wife. I know that frustration. I live with that too. This even led too that we are going our separate ways this summer. Its better this way we kan evolve more on our separate ways. We will always be friends and help each other. I hope it´s fine between you and your wife in other ways. Take care u2.

If you would, did you guys by any chance dim those chips down to see if all of the diodes are energized evenly?

Curiosity may kill the cat but I think they would make a cool water sourced cooling experiment. I don't want to drop the coin if they are dodgey though.

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like your staying positive. We're doing great, I think it's just the results she's interested. Got some electrical connectors today but still waiting on cobs. I've been making maple syrup, lots of sap. Have you tried picking up rf with an am radio? I know you got the ferrite on the power cord. I'm thinking of using my trunking scanner. Anyways happy growing.

If you would, did you guys by any chance dim those chips down to see if all of the diodes are energized evenly?

Curiosity may kill the cat but I think they would make a cool water sourced cooling experiment. I don't want to drop the coin if they are dodgey though.

I´m not sure they are dimmable. It would have helped to have schematic of the circuit board of them to se if that´s possible. I have some tyristor dimmers but i´m almost certain that they won´t dim.

About the water cooling. I have given it som thought but i think it will be hard to find so big cooling element. I think i have some old cpu/gpu coolers from some old watercooler for a computer. But tampering with electrics, especially ac, and water is no good idea. I´ve already been jolted twice from these cobs. =) Now they are insulated properly with silicone.

Another way to go with cooling is thermoelectric through a peltier element. I have one off these laying about with the cooling power of 100W not sure how much this will actually lower the temp but it´s worth a try.

I think more aluminum and some air holes to vent the heat with is the right way to go.

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like your staying positive. We're doing great, I think it's just the results she's interested. Got some electrical connectors today but still waiting on cobs. I've been making maple syrup, lots of sap. Have you tried picking up rf with an am radio? I know you got the ferrite on the power cord. I'm thinking of using my trunking scanner. Anyways happy growing.

I´m trying to think positive and so is she. There so much things going on right now. I´m broken down with this pain i´ve got from my neck injury. Its seeks me everywhere. Still searching for my strain. =)

That´s good she is interested in that anyway. =) I loove maple syrup on my pancakes. :)

I´ve read some about rf signals and i´m pretty sure they don´t emit. If they would our wifi, cellphones and speakers go haywire and they don´t. But just to stay safe wrap the cord with ferrite. Don´t have a radio to check with but tried with wrapping my cells earphones round the power cord and i can´t pickup any distorsion with them... but i am not a pro in this....

I´m not sure they are dimmable. It would have helped to have schematic of the circuit board of them to se if that´s possible. I have some tyristor dimmers but i´m almost certain that they won´t dim.

About the water cooling. I have given it som thought but i think it will be hard to find so big cooling element. I think i have some old cpu/gpu coolers from some old watercooler for a computer. But tampering with electrics, especially ac, and water is no good idea. I´ve already been jolted twice from these cobs. =) Now they are insulated properly with silicone.

Another way to go with cooling is thermoelectric through a peltier element. I have one off these laying about with the cooling power of 100W not sure how much this will actually lower the temp but it´s worth a try.

I think more aluminum and some air holes to vent the heat with is the right way to go..
I was thinking bigger for a cooling unit. something such as a transmission cooler that would be used for hotrods or sand rails. Smaller than a radiator but much larger than a CPU cooler.

Chassis ground and a GFCI could make it as safe as possible. After all, we are already bolting them to a conductor to begin with. I work with 277AC on the daily. 110 and and 240 single leg is a walk in the park once the 277 bites you:D

I was thinking bigger for a cooling unit. something such as a transmission cooler that would be used for hotrods or sand rails. Smaller than a radiator but much larger than a CPU cooler.

Chassis ground and a GFCI could make it as safe as possible. After all, we are already bolting them to a conductor to begin with. I work with 277AC on the daily. 110 and and 240 single leg is a walk in the park once the 277 bites you:D

I can se where you want to go with this. It´s all about how many of these cobs you want to cool. So far i can´t se it worth the effort with water cooling. The passiv aluminum works fine at the moment. I don´t know how well it can handle all 10 cobs lit over time. And what the heat does to its lifetime. I don´t think they last the 50k hours all manufacturers promises. Well interesting to see.

What setup are you running?

Yes i have grounded the aluminum sheet and i have a GFCI i my switchboard. But sometimes i tend to rush things... it´s always these moments you get jolted... maybe you recognize this? ;) 277AC, is this your 3 fase(legs)? Here we have 380 and 400V 3-fase.

What i can tell so far is that the girls tend to stretch more under these lights than under Hps light. One is showing her hairs already but the other don´t tell yet. This one i have topped one week ago. I don´t have any experience topping autos. They are all different even within a strain...

At the moment I have 4 citizen 1212's paired with a meanwell 185/1400. This driverless project would be for shits and giggles primarily but if it works,my tomatoes and peppers may have a new friend until they go out in the garden.

Yes 277v to ground 480 phase to phase Commercial application of course. It is a different beast from our 120/220v. It doesn't want to let go when it bites..haha. They say that amperage kills but really it is complacency...

Oddly enough, 13kv city power runs a bare bus bank all the way to my penthouse and then stepped down from there. If that transformer blows, my whole plant will vaporize.
I can se where you want to go with this. It´s all about how many of these cobs you want to cool. So far i can´t se it worth the effort with water cooling. The passiv aluminum works fine at the moment. I don´t know how well it can handle all 10 cobs lit over time. And what the heat does to its lifetime. I don´t think they last the 50k hours all manufacturers promises. Well interesting to see.

What setup are you running?

Yes i have grounded the aluminum sheet and i have a GFCI i my switchboard. But sometimes i tend to rush things... it´s always these moments you get jolted... maybe you recognize this? ;) 277AC, is this your 3 fase(legs)? Here we have 380 and 400V 3-fase.

What i can tell so far is that the girls tend to stretch more under these lights than under Hps light. One is showing her hairs already but the other don´t tell yet. This one i have topped one week ago. I don´t have any experience topping autos. They are all different even within a strain...

Ok, do the 1212's perform well? It's going to be very interesting to see how these 6040 perform in a couple of weeks when the buds start forming, if they do.... :p

Lets hope that transformer holds up... =)

That little rig would do for a small plant or maybe a medium sized auto. I haven't put it to work yet. I plan to build another set exactly the same and that should fit my needs. 8 1212's and 2 drivers at 3500k 90CRI.
Ok, do the 1212's perform well? It's going to be very interesting to see how these 6040 perform in a couple of weeks when the buds start forming, if they do.... :p

Lets hope that transformer holds up... =)

Ok, i'm not in to these leds yet. But so far what i can see people are drooling over the CREE 3590 cobs. They seem to be performing good on there own without support from other leds. What i cant comprehend is the high price they go for. Is the manufacturing of them so expensive and complicated?

I'm giving these 6040 a chance, if i can't see that they perform equal to my 250w hps they go to scrap. =)

Good marketing!

Talk a bunch of rich kids into buying a overdesigned cooler, next thing you know you have a whole nation hooked on overpriced,oversized,heavy coolers along with all the coozies,cups, straw hats and Jason Aldean CD's to go along with fake lifestyle branding..
Lol
Ok, i'm not in to these leds yet. But so far what i can see people are drooling over the CREE 3590 cobs. They seem to be performing good on there own without support from other leds. What i cant comprehend is the high price they go for. Is the manufacturing of them so expensive and complicated?

I'm giving these 6040 a chance, if i can't see that they perform equal to my 250w hps they go to scrap. =)
:rofl::nomo::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom