$80 an 1/8th? $450 an Oz?

i do agree that some of the prices out there (from Co-Ops) are ridiculously high. But you also have to factor in the cost(s) of maintaining a dispensary/co-op. money sucks, i agree on both sides of this argument.. hopefully in the near future we can have a more standardized pricing system for this venue.

peace.

Well I'm not trying to play both sides of the coin either but the truth is if you factor in legal expenses, business & personal property seizures etc..... they may not be making much profit. The laws are so vague that law enf. is willing to exploit those weaknesses to satisfy misguided prosecutors.

enough to drive cherry porsches and have personal bank accounts worth 2.3 million? seems a little over the top to me.

How could they not be making tons of money charging those prices for a plant they grow for free??

That's like asking.. "How could Coca Cola not be making tons of money charging those prices for a drink made from sugar and water??"

Well Coca Cola has been making tons of money for tons of years. Hoo-ray for capitalism!

And so will MCDs.. MCDs don't make the market, they simply participate in the market.

Today's consumer has the freedom not to participate in the market. I think we, as Californian's, are blessed to have this choice.

:peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

"Today's consumer has the freedom not to participate in the market. I think we, as Californian's, are blessed to have this choice"

yup =)
although that kind of pricing removes the choice for a lot of people. they just dont have it.

... dont look a gift horse in the mouth,... even tho that saying never made sense to me... ha

When some one goes out to buy a horse, they pry open its mouth to look at its teeth and their condition before deciding if it would be a good buy. To say "never look a GIFT horse in the mouth" is saying "Don't scrutinize a free gift".

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 549855" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>ZackCkY024</TD><TD class=alt2>How could they not be making tons of money charging those prices for a plant they grow for free??</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I grow Medical Marijuana for personal use. Its FAR from free !! It's cost me close to 10 thousand dollars to get set up right. Not to include ongoing expenses like nutrients, seeds, wear and tear, monthly ELECTRIC BILL, and on and on. Its not even close to free.

With that said, I know that the Clubs refuse to pay high street prices for their pot yet charge higher than street prices. Its my personal belief that most of them are a front and are simply raking it in at their patients expense. Its all about money............and that sucks. As far as the argument goes that they need to sock away money for legal expenses..............Bullshit. Their socking it away for themselves. This is not a slam on ALL clubs. I've been to good and bad. The bad are simply making it harder for the progression of legalization.

Pirate.

the only way i can see the prices justified is that it's still technically illegal for them to be open according to our government. that means any day now their door could be busted down. the risk is high so the prices are high. i think prices would drop like a sack of bricks if they didn't have to go day to day wondering if it would be their last day in business.

80 and 1/8th blows my mind either way.

peace

:smokin: It comes down to this...what the market will bear. I am an MMJ patient & like the fun of shopping for a wide varity of choices at the Coops...plus there is little risk of getting busted or being held up while in the clinic vicinity. Most have a least 1 outdoor guard & 1-2 indoor security. Also ATM & credit card capabilities make's it superior to any dealer services. Yeah I would love the prices go down, but facing zero access would be devastating to me and I'm to old to risk a bust over MJ.:cool:

I work at a dispensary in Cali and yea your right some places charge $130 for an 8th. But the one i work at its $70 for Sour Og Kush, and $65 for Grape Ape Kush which is cheaper then what you'd get it for on the streets. The problem is that some growers charge rediculious prices for bud. I've had people as for $6000 for a pound of kush, of course they were told to get the hell out of the shop. Plus you can't compare a Dispensary to a street dealer, because street dealers don't have to rent a place out, pay bills, plus pay other fees that the city makes you pay or they shut down your shop. Also with a street dealer you don't really know what your getting and sometimes you have to wait. You might pay $50 bucks for an 1/8 on the street but i've gotten bomb ass bud for $45 and 8th, i'm sure some guy on the street would've charged atleast $60 for that stuff, it was called crystal princess, and covered in crystals. So it depends i know some of the bigger places have good chronic for $40 an 1/8. Plus dispenaries give you access to kief, hash, hash oil, goo, and edibles, all of which aren't easy to get on the street, though there might be exceptions if you know people. Plus with street dealer what he's got is what you get, most medical spots have a lot of variety, like 4 kinds of kush, 8 kinds of chronic, and much more, you just can't get that from the streets.

:laughtwo: No complaints from me...you laid out the other side very nicely and I am grateful to have 2 Coops to go to which offers me a wide variety of strains & concentrates:hmmmm: Hell NO, I don't want to rely on street dealers ever again...a lot can happen to that bud getting handled by dozens people looking at it...I think petitioning our cities to consider & welcome Coop services will create healthy competetion between Coops. More Coops, better run hopefully and trying to keep a price cap on goods would help me to continue supporting my local Coops and the people who make their living off MMJ.:allgood:

Well, today I spent a HUGE amount on some home delivery. I just had an irresistible urge. I got a couple of o's of Super Silver Haze and it really is Super. It was so cool--I just picked up the phone and had a little discussion and I told them what I wanted. The price was $75/eighth. I got a decent break for ordering more. No charge for delivery (thanks for small favors LOL) but they had to come about 60 miles. Such a civilized way to do business if only it weren't so pricey. The cost is more than my monthly income but I have a little cookie jar that mysteriously manifests money when I'm not looking (either little magic green fairies or my darling children). Maybe someday all medmj patients will be able to do what I did today only at much lower cost. I hope my growing expertise will be such that I'll be able to grow all I need before too much longer.

80 an 1/8 is a little steep. None of our stains are over 70. Most are 65 and under at Holistic Alternative inc in Canoga Park. But our OG is off the chain. Must try. Best Flavor and smell. Must check it out. :allgood: :bongrip:

Remember we will have NFL Sunday specials at Holistic Alternative inc. And Monday Nigfht Football Specials while youy relax and watch football on our
flat screen.

For the past several months before I got my rec letter, I was buying meds that came from a disp, bottled and labeled.

I KNOW THIS WAS WRONG BUT I AM LEGAL NOW!!!!

The person was getting it from a disp and selling it to me, I was being charged $50 an 1/8 straight up. And the person I was getting it from was making money on the deal, which I have no problem with, if you provide a service you should be compensated for it.
I was told that the disp prices were always a lot lower than street prices, but I have not found that to be the case. They were actually a bit more $$$ in some cases. Now I understand it is what it is and I am not bitching, complaining or whining, it is just my observation

As I read of all the Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in California and elsewhere rack up the highest prices I have heard of and read about, I too wonder what the real motive is from the shops owners.
No wonder the DEA has come in to shut them down, or not shut then down as some are in cahoots with the DEA.
BUT, $80.00 for 3.5 Grams, no matter the quality is ripping the customer off. I have read of many bait and switches in the above mentioned articles, shame on you folks who do that.
Here on Hawaii there are no Medical Marijauana Clubs / dispensaries. The average price at this time of year when most peoples gardens are in for the long season and they're getting going on a fall / winter short season, is $250 - $300 per Oz. of course the markert is flooded right now, and those who can hang on to their wares till December will and can get 325-400 / oz. This is still a far cry from $640.00 that some are paying in California at $80 per 1/8oz..
Has it really gone to the point that these Cali Clubs are pushing for Taxation and regulation of the Marijuana industry, under the Medical Marijuana wanna be laws that were passed by the voters? YES..I hope that all owners of these clubs are paying their taxes associated with their high pricies. They should be, as the rest of any toker should too, if they purchase their herb from any retail establishment.
The DEA has stepped up their approach to make sure that once it is taxed and regulated they will be sure that Federal, State & Local Governments receive their fair share of the tax revenue that Marijuana brings in.
There ought to be Tax Stamps for people who can grow their own: 0-20 plants = a tax stamp cost of $ 1,000.00 per year. 20-50 plants = $ 2,000.00 per year: 50-100 = $ 5,000.00 per year 100-1000 = commercial growers Tax stamp at $20,000 per year + 15% of revenue taxed after sales of over 1 pound wholesale.
Something is better than nothing. But eventually what is going to happen is big brother will want to control the Marijuana industry along with the tax base revenue it will sustain. That will just keep most small growers and users to again fend for themselves, and not wanting to become a part of that system involving a tax base system.
The Greed of the Club Owners and growers may work against them in the next few years, a reverse of what the program is all about.
What makes better economical sense is to LOWER all Marijuana Prices flood the market, extensively pursue the absolute END OF ALL MARIJUANA PROHIBITION in The United States of Canexico, and become a Northern Continental force to unite Canada, USA, & Mexico into a multi border power force to work in conjunction with each other in the Marijuana Industry.
So to all the shop owners who are ripping your customers off just because, shame on you, no wonder the DEA wants to regulate this industry. It's apparent that you are not.

As I read of all the Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in California and elsewhere rack up the highest prices I have heard of and read about, I too wonder what the real motive is from the shops owners.
No wonder the DEA has come in to shut them down, or not shut then down as some are in cahoots with the DEA.
BUT, $80.00 for 3.5 Grams, no matter the quality is ripping the customer off. I have read of many bait and switches in the above mentioned articles, shame on you folks who do that.
Here on Hawaii there are no Medical Marijauana Clubs / dispensaries. The average price at this time of year when most peoples gardens are in for the long season and they're getting going on a fall / winter short season, is $250 - $300 per Oz. of course the markert is flooded right now, and those who can hang on to their wares till December will and can get 325-400 / oz. This is still a far cry from $640.00 that some are paying in California at $80 per 1/8oz..
Has it really gone to the point that these Cali Clubs are pushing for Taxation and regulation of the Marijuana industry, under the Medical Marijuana wanna be laws that were passed by the voters? YES..I hope that all owners of these clubs are paying their taxes associated with their high pricies. They should be, as the rest of any toker should too, if they purchase their herb from any retail establishment.
The DEA has stepped up their approach to make sure that once it is taxed and regulated they will be sure that Federal, State & Local Governments receive their fair share of the tax revenue that Marijuana brings in.
There ought to be Tax Stamps for people who can grow their own: 0-20 plants = a tax stamp cost of $ 1,000.00 per year. 20-50 plants = $ 2,000.00 per year: 50-100 = $ 5,000.00 per year 100-1000 = commercial growers Tax stamp at $20,000 per year + 15% of revenue taxed after sales of over 1 pound wholesale.
Something is better than nothing. But eventually what is going to happen is big brother will want to control the Marijuana industry along with the tax base revenue it will sustain. That will just keep most small growers and users to again fend for themselves, and not wanting to become a part of that system involving a tax base system.
The Greed of the Club Owners and growers may work against them in the next few years, a reverse of what the program is all about.
What makes better economical sense is to LOWER all Marijuana Prices flood the market, extensively pursue the absolute END OF ALL MARIJUANA PROHIBITION in The United States of Canexico, and become a Northern Continental force to unite Canada, USA, & Mexico into a multi border power force to work in conjunction with each other in the Marijuana Industry.
So to all the shop owners who are ripping your customers off just because, shame on you, no wonder the DEA wants to regulate this industry. It's apparent that you are not.

Why not elect you Hemperor?:partyboy:

Wow I live in RI and here how cheap weed is over in Cail, but that doesn't seem to be ture. We pay like 450-500 for an ounce of Kush, and there are on dispensaries here mind you. Do dispensaries sell Kine Buds? I mean that bud is good and cheap, like $200 cheap around here.

Back
Top Bottom