A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

A few weeks back I introduced for discussion the idea of supplementing cannabis oil mix with one or more terpenes of desirable property, after seeing a recipe that included beta carotene and limonene. A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

Today I'm revisiting the idea of adding terpenes after reading a discussion that claims it's possible to neutralise the psychoactive reaction to THC by simultaneously injesting one or two specific terpenes with an unusual property. The exciting upshot being that it allows immediate leap into full dose THC cannabis medication and eliminates the need to titrate up gradually in order to build tolerance to the THC. If borne out in practice, it would also be welcomed by those who have been forced to leave off THC oil because they found the effect of being stoned all too frightening.

Its basis is explained from a facebook discussion: about 5 or 6 years ago a STRONG CB2 receptor agonist was found in the oil of the Copaiba Tree in Brazil at around 50 - 55%. That compound is called beta-caryophyllene (BCP), it's bioavailable & non-toxic. BCP does occur in cannabis as a terpene (it is a sesquiterpene) but NOT at levels sufficient to overcome the high sensitivity of those having no prior exposure to cannabis. Copaiba Oil and BCP are completely legal.

The writer goes on to suggest dosage: For a slightly built adult (children even less) I recommend 6 - 8 drops of each of BCP and orange oil (d-limonene) at breakfast only with yoghurt or lecithin or milk etc., to emulsify - ranging for heavy set adult up to 8 drops of each twice per day. He later suggests that the orange oil alone may suffice, skip the BCP, for d-limonene is apparently likewise a CB2 receptor agonist.

For a scientific discussion: Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid. - PubMed - NCBI

BCP: Beta-Caryophyllene: The Dietary Cannabinoid That Could Make Synthetics Irrelevant - Leaf Science

source of orange oil: Natural Fractions - Products / Australian based manufacturers of Essential Oils & Food Ingredients

If in fact this pans out it could indeed be beneficial, if it in no way interferes with the THC, which is our greatest ally here. How will you determine efficacy?

Thanks for continuing to pursue this train of thought. Beta-caryophyllene is one I look for in a strain, though not for this effect. Made me smile to read that. :battingeyelashes:

If in fact this pans out it could indeed be beneficial, if it in no way interferes with the THC, which is our greatest ally here. How will you determine efficacy?

I anticipate there being a volunteer sooner or later. Perhaps where the medication is proving too heady, then future doses could be preceded by orange zest oil or limonene and β-caryophyllene (along with the apigenin and amentoflavone :blushsmile: ). ([URL]https://buy-terpenes.com/product-category/true-terpenes/terpene-isolates/)[/URL]

profile of beta-caryophyllene: ([URL="https://theleafonline.com/c/science/2014/10/terpene-profile-caryophyllene/"]Terpene Profile: Caryophyllene - The Leaf Online)[/URL]

Thanks for continuing to pursue this train of thought. Beta-caryophyllene is one I look for in a strain, though not for this effect. Made me smile to read that. :battingeyelashes:

SweetSue, would you be after beta-caryophyllene for its anti-osteoporosis influences?? ([URL="https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28105093"]β-Caryophyllene promotes osteoblastic mineralization, and suppresses osteoclastogenesis and adipogenesis in mouse bone marrow cultures in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI)[/URL]

Correction: I realise now that the "B caro" I earlier cited from a forum recipe for cannabis medication would be more likely to have meant beta-caryophyllene and probably not the beta-carotene I at the time surmised. Big difference! :straightface:

I anticipate there being a volunteer sooner or later. Perhaps where the medication is proving too heady, then future doses could be preceded by orange zest oil or limonene and β-caryophyllene (along with the apigenin and amentoflavone :blushsmile: ). ([URL]https://buy-terpenes.com/product-category/true-terpenes/terpene-isolates/)[/URL]

profile of beta-caryophyllene: ([URL="https://theleafonline.com/c/science/2014/10/terpene-profile-caryophyllene/"]Terpene Profile: Caryophyllene - The Leaf Online)[/URL]

SweetSue, would you be after beta-caryophyllene for its anti-osteoporosis influences?? ([URL="https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28105093"]β-Caryophyllene promotes osteoblastic mineralization, and suppresses osteoclastogenesis and adipogenesis in mouse bone marrow cultures in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI)[/URL]

Correction: I realise now that the "B caro" I earlier cited from a forum recipe for cannabis medication would be more likely to have meant beta-caryophyllene and probably not the beta-carotene I at the time surmised. Big difference! :straightface:

I did learn in my studies last night that B-Caryophyllene will activate the CB2 receptors in the body independently, and without interfering with the uptake of THC.

I have no fear of osteoporosis. I do Callanetics, a gentle and amazingly effective fitness program that keeps my bones healthy and strong. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's nice to know that my favorite strain is also loaded with molecules that will help me keep the bones at their peak of health.

I took the BioBomb capsule at 8:40 and jumped into the shower. By the time I was finished showering I could feel the effects of the meds. This was a conglomerate oil, so no way is it as powerful as Carnival or Dark Devil Auto, but it still packs a powerful punch. I'm at 90 minutes now and it's really starting to kick in.

I'm headed out to my twice-monthly coffe and conversation group. Feeling very good at the moment. Let's see what going outdoors does. It's easy to miss the euphoric effects when I'm sitting at the screen reading or writing. Awareness often requires movement. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I did learn in my studies last night that B-Caryophyllene will activate the CB2 receptors in the body independently, and without interfering with the uptake of THC.

Good to have it confirmed. :blushsmile:

I have no fear of osteoporosis. I do Callanetics, a gentle and amazingly effective fitness program that keeps my bones healthy and strong. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's nice to know that my favorite strain is also loaded with molecules that will help me keep the bones at their peak of health.
Exercise can extend a high, apparently by liberating stored THC. [https://www.laweekly.com/news/marijuana-exercise-can-get-you-extra-high-4173491]

So, SweetSue, what is your reason for seeking a strain with measurable beta-caryophyllene? I can't see a specific characteristic therapeutic value attributed to BCP.

Good to have it confirmed. :blushsmile:

Exercise can extend a high, apparently by liberating stored THC. [https://www.laweekly.com/news/marijuana-exercise-can-get-you-extra-high-4173491]

So, SweetSue, what is your reason for seeking a strain with measurable beta-caryophyllene? I can't see a specific characteristic therapeutic value attributed to BCP.

Well, according to a number of scientists B-Caryophyllene appears to have valuable anti-inflammatory effects. This is from Leaf Science article from Sept., 2013 entitled "Beta-Caryophyllene: The Dietary Cannabinoid That Could Make Synthetics Irrelevant", suggesting this has been known for quite some time. Ahhh..... the many new things I get to learn in the years ahead. :battingeyelashes:

Beta-Caryophyllene

Scientists have spent a lot of effort trying to create cannabinoids with medical properties but no high. New research suggests that there is already a solution, and you can probably buy it at your local grocery store.

The cannabinoid that could erase decades of work is beta-caryophyllene (BCP). BCP is found in the essential oils of a variety of plants, including rosemary, hops, cloves and, of course, cannabis. It's also highly present in black pepper.

While BCP was first synthesized in 1964, it wasn't until 2008 that a group of German and Swiss scientists, led by Andreas Zimmer, PhD and Ildiko Racz, PhD of the University of Bonn, discovered that BCP is a cannabinoid.

And not just any cannabinoid, but one that acts specifically on the body's CB2 cannabinoid pathways. On the other hand, the pathways responsible for the marijuana high, CB1 receptors, aren't affected by BCP. Writing in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), they summarized:

"Here, we report that the widespread plant volatile β-caryophyllene (BCP) selectively binds to the CB2 receptor and that it is a functional CB2 agonist. Intriguingly, BCP is a common constituent of the essential oils of numerous spice and food plants and a major component in Cannabis."

Interestingly, scientists have been trying to develop a viable synthetic cannabinoid that targets only CB2 receptors for a very long time.

Many now exist, and research has shown the promise of CB2-selective cannabinoids in combating many inflammatory disorders, ranging from arthritis and bladder cystitis to multiple sclerosis and HIV-associated dementia. And all without the marijuana high.

But Dr. Racz and Dr. Zimmer's latest study, published last month in the journal European Neuropsychopharmacology, shows that BCP produces similar anti-inflammatory effects. Although the study was only done in mice, they found that BCP given orally was more effective than injections of the synthetic CB2 cannabinoid JWH-133.

This, they note, suggests that BCP could indeed be a superior medicine than synthetics. Not to mention, it's widely available as a food.

"It is likely that BCP belongs to a group of common plant natural products with major potential impact on human health. The oral intake of this dietary cannabinoid with vegetable food could be advantageous in the daily routine clinical practice over synthetic cannabinoid agonists."

According to my personal notes, gathered as I study, the terpene has many therapeutic uses, including

* analgesic to relieve pain
* antibacterial
* antidepressant
* anti-inflammatory
* anti-proliferative (slows cancer cell growth)
* antioxidant
* anxiolytic (helps relieve anxiety)
* neuroprotective

For me personally, as a 63-yr old woman, that anti-inflammatory promise has a great attraction. All the rest is icing on the cake.

Thanks for helping me review that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll be testing 5:1 BioBombs again today. My experience yesterday confirmed Cajun's insistence that these are, indeed a potent dose of cannabis oil. I could feel the effects within ten minutes and it carried me for over five hours before I supplemented, and I could have gone longer. 5-6 hours apart is about my comfort level for spacing meds, and that would be effective in keeping pressure on tumor cells.

Taking them orally you get a tremendous euphoric effect. To use this method in high doses you would need to either get tolerance levels up to an extreme level or use them as suppositories. Either method will work, but anal administration eliminates most of the euphoria with shallow insertion. For deeper insertion, as in liver cancer treatment, you'll need to get the tolerance levels toggled up.

Re: Leukemia?

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but has cco been shown to be effective for treating aggressive leukemia?

To my understanding lukemia is a bit of a challenge, but then the endocannabinoid system responds positively to the compounds in cannabis. The approach is fundamentally the same, find appropriate strains for the oil you need, take steps to improve bioavailability, start sub therapeutically and build the tolerances up to match the patient's needs. Continue on until lab results suggest a change in regimine.

Is there something specific we can help you with LitLeprechaun?

Edit:
I went looking and found quite a bit of data supporting cannabis as an effective treatment for lukemia. If you google "lukemia and cannabis" and follow the link to Medical Jane you'll find a wealth of knowledge with reports on recent studies.

My grandpa was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. I've never posted here before because of my location, but he lives one state away which does support medical. Luckily, because I do not have any high cbd strains, and would not have time to grow any.

My grandpa was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. I've never posted here before because of my location, but he lives one state away which does support medical. Luckily, because I do not have any high cbd strains, and would not have time to grow any.

From what I understand, he needs the THC more than the CBD.
From the article Verdant Spires linked, CBD only oil / hemp oil would be a potentially fatal mistake in treatment, especially for the acute myeloid leukemia.

From the evidence, a balanced THC/CBD concentrated oil is preferred, but if not easily available, a high THC concentrated oil would be indicated - using mostly suppositories with the same fundamental technique and building up of tolerance levels that are the core treatment method of this thread.

I would appreciate a summary of the purpose served by mango, in the cancer regimen. I know this exists somewhere on this vast forum, but I can't find it and I'd like to be reminded of its details.

Those who are brand new to this forum would, I'm sure, find it informative, too. :blushsmile:

I would appreciate a summary of the purpose served by mango, in the cancer regimen. I know this exists somewhere on this vast forum, but I can't find it and I'd like to be reminded of its details.

Those who are brand new to this forum would, I'm sure, find it informative, too. :blushsmile:

Mango is high in myrcene, which helps the cannabinoids cross the BBB, but it's also used to help clear the receptors prior to dosing.

Is there a link to the current up-to-date protocol developed for estrogen-based breast cancer, where I could point someone? (Actually, a couple of people, unfortunately.)

What is at the start of this thread by CajunCelt is quite detailed & helpful, but it's a couple of years old now.

Thanks!

Mango is high in myrcene, which helps the cannabinoids cross the BBB, but it's also used to help clear the receptors prior to dosing.

Thanks Sweet Sue. :blushsmile: I needed that reminder.

So for a brain tumor it would be practically essential, then?

I am considering suggesting fortifying with myrcene isolate because the person has multiple brain tumors, in light of the article I introduced here that said some varieties of mango contain very little myrcene. (And because the mango season here is short.)

At this stage it's a case of going for broke.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Thanks Sweet Sue. :blushsmile: I needed that reminder.

So for a brain tumor it would be practically essential, then?

I am considering suggesting fortifying with myrcene isolate because the person has multiple brain tumors, in light of the article I introduced here that said some varieties of mango contain very little myrcene. (And because the mango season here is short.)

At this stage it's a case of going for broke.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Myrcene is one of the cannabinoids you'll find in high concentrations in just about any strain. Incorporating a carrier oil and lecithin enhances the effects.

The recommendations in the literature are for at least a balanced ratio, with a lean to CBD.

From post #4: Mangoes contain phenylpropanoids that clean the body's EDS receptors.

They do this via demethylation, which just the process of removing methyl groups from active sites on receptors and other types of proteins including DNA. These methyl groups block the intended chemicals from activating receptors. This happens to all receptors, not just CB1 and CB2. The body has many ways to deal with normal levels of methylation. When using cannabis for cancer the methylation of receptors builds up and body needs help to restore functionality.

I use mango and green tea daily to make sure my doses are doing all they can at maintenance dose. At high treatment doses for cancer it's a good idea to include a demethylating supplement before each dose. Taking more than you need is not a problem. (Hey Sue, is cinnamon another demethylating herb?)

Like Sue said, the myrcene in mango is also good to help absorption of cannabinoids across all membranes including the blood-brain barrier. This is great for cancer treatment, but too much also increases euphoria (or leads to slight euphoria using suppositories) and makes me sleepy. So don't binge on dried mango like I sometimes do (they can be quite addictive :)).

Is there a link to the current up-to-date protocol developed for estrogen-based breast cancer, where I could point someone? (Actually, a couple of people, unfortunately.)

What is at the start of this thread by CajunCelt is quite detailed & helpful, but it's a couple of years old now.

Thanks!

Cajun's protocol for ER+ breast cancer is still up-to-date. The only difference is to not use flax seed oil as carrier and not use high THC oil without high CBD. THC by itself can accelerate breast cancer. I think he recommended 2:1 THC:CBD ratio. This is something I need to review.

My dad has been taking CO suppositories for about a month to treat Stage IV lung cancer. I made them before finding out about bio-bombs, but did add olive oil to the capsules. As recommended by several of the kind, informative members here, he has also been taking the competitive inhibition supplements and eating 30 minutes prior to dosing. Because he has been lying in bed and/or sleeping, his lungs started to sound congested so he had a chest X-ray that showed the cancer in his lungs seems to have spread. This, of course, was not what we were hoping to hear. His capsules are approx 1/3 gram CO, so 3 per day are totaling 1 gram. He has about 30 days (90 capsules) remaining. Should we continue with this dosage and hope the next 30 days show an improvement or should we increase the dosage? He is a fighter (though not quite as strong as he was 4 months ago), has such a positive attitude and is willing to try anything. :love:

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom