A few questions about a grow box project - please help a first timer out!

jj972tx

Im building a 1.75x3.5x6 ft (21x42x72 cm) grow box. I have a 400w hps w/ open wing style reflector that im going to be using in it. I just need some advice/opinions on a few things since i have no experience. :thumb:

question #1) will a 6" 240cfm duct booster with a passive intake be sufficient ventilation? i will have maybe a 6" oscillating fan inside as well. the hps is a open wing style but i think im going to need to look into building my own cool tube or glass shield. thoughts?

#2)i plan on using the dwc/bubbler system. i wanted to put more than one plant in one big tub. is this a good idea? will the multiple roots become a problem? how big of a tub should i use w/ how many plants for this space if this method is possible? or should i do the main reservoir with multiple grow sites? how big of container for each grow site vs reservoir? how many plants can this lighting/grow space grow in general?

#3) how big of a carbon filter do i need to build for this box? what size pipe and how long of a pipe do i need?

Thanks any info/advice is appreciated.

I just recently built my own box. I used 1/2 plywood and 2x4's. I was going to use the same measurements that you listed. Before I actually built it, I cut a piece of cardboard the same size the base of the cabinet would be. I quickly discovered that 18 inches or smaller was just to narrow a space. I eventually ended up building a 3'x4'x6' tall box. I have a decent basement so I have the room for the bigger size. You may also want to by whatever light hood you are going to use and then see how well it will fit into the measurements you are planning on using.

Back
Top Bottom