A newbie with time on his hand.

H6251686

Hi all and I am a newbie at growing. been token for 30 years and have no intention of stopping. I have made a grow box and do have couple of plants under some CFLs. Not looking to guerrilla grow, all personal use and with a few friends at times. I have been here for about a month doing a lot of reading on growing. I do admit I Like Irishboys Journals on the LEDs and do believe I will go that route one day. There seems to be a lot of nice people here I am pretty sure I am going to be asking question about nutes, PH, and PPM when I get going. My main end will to be a Deep Water Culture when all said and done. I am in IL. (home town of the 40th President of the USA). So in the regards, I look forward to posting and learning.

Friend, Sorry to hear you and Ronald Reagan have something in common. ;)
Happy your here though! :cheer:
Nice to meet you and :welcome: to 420

The Juror is still out on LED's Friend.
Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

They seem to hit a wall come Flowering..We will See.

If you need any assists in locating and/or help let us know..ok?
Please when your good to go start a Grow Journal Yourself.
Continue to research and use all that 420 is offering you.
Hope all goes well.
See you around.
Happy Growing and The Best of Luck to you. :roorrip: :peace:
:popcorn:

Yeay I have read that, I have plans to switch the lighting when it comes to Flowering let along putting them in a different room. The little grow box I have will only hold a couple of plants. It is 18"x 18" x 36' and it is a complete sealed with a couple of computer fans blowing on them. I don't know what they are, just seeds I got from a bag I bought from my dealer. Been using the same dealer for 20 years. Well he got busted and is going down. :( Text messages on a phone brought him down. He knows who got busted and narc on him to get a lighter sentence. I have never nor will I ever mention pot on the phone. It is has always been, "Hey do you want to play some football" - ya got anything for sale. Reply back was no, or on a big field (an ounce) or am I going to wimp out and play only a 1/2 a field (1/2 an ounce). But not ever mention pot or anything like that. One has to play this game very smart or you will end up in big trouble.
Anyway, I do have seeds ordered, All Female, ICE and Bubblegum. Once I get them started I will start my Journal and start to ask a lot of questions. lol probably call me a pain in the ass. lol
Thanks again for the welcome.

Hi H6251686, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
Glad you joined us.
Growing you own cannabis is the only way to go.
A grow or two under your belt and you'll be your own man.
If you need help finding something, ask a member of The Hospitality Team.
Don't be shy, post often, make some new friends.
Ok, I'll see you around the forums. :peace:

H6251686,

Welcome to the site. I must not be all that far from you. My parents live in your area. When you get ready to grow with bubbles come and visit us at the Deep Water Culture home. Small area like that sound to me like a bucket grow with a 2-3 week veg to keep the height low. 36" is awfully short. You might want to study up on some topping and fimming to get one or two plants to spread out low and fill your space. Peace and great growing!

Hi mostly.
Yeap the box is small but the plants will be transferred to an enclosed closet I have setup at a size of 2'x6'x7.5' once they get big enough and I probably will start to flower them. The 2 plants that I have going now are about 6" tall in soil and perlite. I have female seeds ordered and that is when I will start my real grow with Bubble phonic. these 2 plants I have now, I have no idea what they are and I do plan to transfer them outside once it gets warm enough. I am also going to get a different light for flowering.

So the short space is really a veg chamber. Really nice to have a veg and a flower area. If you have that type of room how tall are you going to let them get before you flower. I always wait for alternating leaves and with my strains that is usually somewhere between 12 and 16" on veg I veg for 5-6 weeks normally. Remember I'm a hydro guy. I did run a couple of hempy pots (perlite and vermiculite) about a year ago. Not bad but nothing special but I did it with bagseed as an experiment to see if I could do it.

For me female seeds are the way to go. With limited space it becomes even more important. The only time a do reg seeds these days is when I get a strain that doesn't come feminized. If I do get a male then I plan on pulling it out and setting it up far away just long enough to get the pollen in case I want to breed later. Good thing pollen last a long time because it will be a long time until I try that.

DAMN MOST, you started The Deep Water Culture Home. LOL
240 pages, yer going to have to give me some time to read all of this one dude. lol
Thanks for the WELCOME BAY.
Is that your pic. in your avatar? I like the shirt. lol

LMAO, there is a weed California? Damn, going to have to google that.
And Yeap, getting around find? Lots of readin to do. lol

Well I can't send ya private message. Won't let me, But anyway, I have been reading and reading and reading and reading and well you know reading. Glad is all well with your Daughter and getting mom into a wheel chair is the best.

NOW I got a question, when I am reading, and reading and reading I run across the Phase
"am going to grow 4 plants on this test, all in 5gal pots with Sun Shine#4 soil.
all 4 girls will be LST and veged"

what is LST and is there someone on the site for acronyms?

Stands for low stress training. That's where you tie or weight the top of the plant down and expose the underbrush to more light. There is also, topping and FIM. Basically they are all training or in some cases pruning of the plant for maximum bud productions. Some do a couple of things, some do one or another and some do nothing. It's part of what you will learn more as you grow then anything else. It starts to make more sense when you are faced with the need to do it. Keep in mind I'm coming with this as a hydro grower but some things are universal. If you get throgh that Deep Water Culture home thread you're a better man then I. I just started the dang thing and it took off. We're not grow snobs as a lot of Deep Water Culture grow soil too. The Deep Water Culture home is just a place you can learn hydro if you want to. I even might try soil this summer when it gets hotter and it becomes more difficult to handle the heat in my grow room.

My goal is to learn to be a caregiver and I've got to be able to do both.

Back
Top Bottom