A question to the PTSD crowd

Glad that it helps you I know it helps me because i have not had a migraine in a long time and i dont get anxious or stressed in public anymore. Just hate it when i have to go grocery shopping and i smoke or eat edibles before i go cause i end up with a lot of stuff that is not on my list.

Yep that's me too :high-five: I have a Liberty Haze for my day time use...Sativa Dom THC 25+% CBD 1.8% ...and My White Widow does the trick for me at night...but I gota say I recently recieved a clone :yummy: It's a Ghost OG and OMFG it knocks me out :thumb: no tossing and turning for 15 - 20 min...oh no zonk good night and the best thing :yahoo:no fucking dreams
Now i would love the idea of no dreams. That would definitely be a blessing. I am really tired of the nightmares i have all the time. Just not sure that i want a Sativa Dominant they make me jumpy.

Glad that it helps you I know it helps me because i have not had a migraine in a long time and i dont get anxious or stressed in public anymore. Just hate it when i have to go grocery shopping and i smoke or eat edibles before i go cause i end up with a lot of stuff that is not on my list.
It wasnt funny when i got home my husband ask me what was i thinking. I told him it looked and sounded good at the store so i got it. He just shook his head and walked in and sat down and turned the tv on. Then he ask how much money i had left. Ooooooops i forgot that he needed gas money for the week to go to work.

I am sure what works in one situation my not do it in another. It may be pretty easy to control everything when you are home. Out and about with other people around that same weed might be too much.

I am not big on crowds at all. Finding weed that works great in a social setting is a lot harder to find. The same weed that worked great at home bakes me a bit to much to use around people I don't now.

merimc9. While there are lots of sativa dom strains that are relaxing. Lots of time your mind keeps going. I have trouble smoking sativas at night because my mind won't shut down it just wonders. Kind of like coffee at night. Your tired but sleep is beyond you.

Indicas are by far the best for knocking you the F**k out. While lots of hybrids might do it indicas should be more dependable. There is a difference between a great high and being knocked out. I grow a certain amount of plants just for sleep. It is too hard to find one strain that can do it all.

Sleeping on indicas you will have a drugged effect which can shut down dreams. Whether it is pot or alcohol, too much and you wake up groggy. This is because you didn't go through a normal sleep cycle. A normal sleep cycle brings dreams. You need to be so stoned you jump past the REM part of sleep. The same thing that knocks out dreams might have you waking up groggy. It might take a little bit more to get started up and going in the morning.

Sleep aids can always loose their ability to work over time. When this happens you will need to change strains or use more of the same strain. I find it best just to switch around.

I'm using a homemade oil in 2-4 small doses from late afternoon until around 9 PM. PTSD and being high really don't mix well for me. My mind becomes quite jumpy and restless and I don't want to talk or deal with anyone other than my wife. In fact, being high might irritate my particular PTSD.

I found this out the proverbial hard way by taking a 1 ml dose of a commercial CBD oil. I hadn't used any form of cannabis for many decades and this put me on my back. Later, after making my own oil (also quite strong), I was much more cautious and gradually found the "sweet spot" dosage: a little bit in late afternoon and then every couple of hours.

I should add that I'm also taking 10mg of citalopram a day. My experience with PTSD has been long and quite difficult but I understand that I get the most benefit from stability in my life and surroundings. I'm one of those Viet vets who lives deep in the woods, no close neighbors at all. The CBD helps mute the near-constant edginess I feel without medication.

I'm worried about becoming addicted to anything other than Irish tea but this new relationship with CBD oil might well become long-term, like the citalopram. It does help.

Heady highs and PTSD. One of the main uses of my weed is to keep my mind off the nerve pain. Heady highs do this really well for me. They keep my mind busy on random stupid shit LOL.

I was wondering if this same effect is a good thing or a bad thing for people with PTSD? I am used to random thoughts bouncing around in my head. I just don't know if this is a good thing for people that have issues with what is bouncing around in their head.

I damn sure don't want to be suggesting the wrong strains.
As a disabled vet with a spinal cord injury in c5,6&7, TBI, chronic pain , neuropathy, ptsd/social anxiety with anger issues and more...it can be both. Depends on the situation in the moment. But thank you for that very good question in a time when most people try to pretend it doesn't even exist. Now that pisses me off but it is what it is.
One of the reasons, I feel, that for over 15 yrs now our young vets come home from multiple combat tours in one piece and kill themselves once home safely to the tune of 50+ per day! Do the math, that is more deaths every year than we lost to combat in the entire Vietnam war! Every year for years and most americans are totally unaware! We as a society need to Wake the fuck up already!¡!
Sorry...it is an emotional subject for this broken soldier but I refuse to leave it alone...
FB_IMG_1457932459606.jpg

Now i would love the idea of no dreams. That would definitely be a blessing. I am really tired of the nightmares i have all the time. Just not sure that i want a Sativa Dominant they make me jumpy.
Having no dreams is far from a blessing. Trust me. I would love to dream again, even if it were to include some horrific combat nightmares. No dreams for many, many years and that truly sucks.

I am sure what works in one situation my not do it in another. It may be pretty easy to control everything when you are home. Out and about with other people around that same weed might be too much.

I am not big on crowds at all. Finding weed that works great in a social setting is a lot harder to find. The same weed that worked great at home bakes me a bit to much to use around people I don't now.
The cannabis and cbd vapes are what are helping me to rejoin society though it is a rather slow process

Try some Jack Herer. Is helpful for me with the issue. Mellows me out as it controls the pain

This broken warrior knows what you speak of. Join us at the HeroGrown Foundation, formerly known as Grow For Vets of which I am a lifetime founding member. We have at least part of the solution. Once you join, sign up for Operation Airdrop and we will give you what you seek regularly. Yes, we give it away to vets like us.

I appreciate the generous offer. As it happens I received a very generous gift of buds and clones from a group of local home growers who help veterans. I then bought some additional CBD clones for my first grow. The harvest from that will hopefully give me what I need but it is great to have backup from the Grow For Vets.

I have wondered what the legal risks are in regard to giving away legally grown cannabis. I have a WA state permit to grow 15 plants but that would almost certainly yield a big surplus. A friend regularly grows far more than he can use with 3 outside plants. He has accumulated quite a pile of buds and doesn't know what to do with them. That makes him technically illegal but he can't stand the thought of sending it all to the compost pile!

You only need worry about the feds I feel, though I suppose I could be wrong. If so, that is where jury nullification comes into play.

I have only grew Jack Herer once with mixed results. I do grow real C-99 and quite enjoy it.

I find a few strains that fit my needs here and there. I love the search so there are always going to be misses with so many new strains.

This thread was started mostly to see what works for those with PTSD. I run my mouth a lot. Just wanted to make sure I was running it in the right direction LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom