accident drug testing at work

tim2334

Whats up guys. Im new here. Just wanted to get your opinions on what I should do. So 3 days ago I broke something at work worth more then $500, so they made me go to drug center immediately. My manager drove me, which was weird (wanted to go on my own). I smoked cannabis the day before. I peed and drank a ton of water about an hour before the test (try to dilute to throw out test). Now, my work called me and told me to call the testing place back because they have some questions. (I heard if that happens you fail?). I also heard they CAN'T release your results without you calling back. So my question is, will future employers be able to see this (that I broke something, and/or I failed a drug est). How will this effect me in the future. And what should I do, maybe not call the lab back and make my company fire me or something? I will get fired anyways, and Im pretty confident I failed. This is for walmart. Any help will be greatly appreciated, I have no idea where to go for information like this.

They must not have found cannabis because that would have been an immediate fail, the lab wouldn't call you over that. They only call to ask about some other drug they found and whether you have a legitimate prescription for that. Make sure they've done the GC/MS test for confirmation. Strip tests will pop false positives fairly frequently, thats why you want to be sure and ask them if they did the confirmation test.

Thank you for the reply weed420. I read that if they find cannabis they can also call you to make sure you arent taking prescription drugs with thc(read on a fourm from here? But doesnt make sense). Test was done at testing center. Also, I really need help with the second part of the question. This is super important to me because it could effect me getting another job?

" I also heard they CAN'T release your results without you calling back. So my question is, will future employers be able to see this (that I broke something, and/or I failed a drug est). How will this effect me in the future. And what should I do, maybe not call the lab back and make my company fire me or something? I will get fired anyways because Im pretty confident I failed. This is for walmart."

The simple answer is yes. If a prospective employer calls this employer for references then the fact that you failed a drug test can be released to the new employer. But the new employers can not call the lab for results because its covered under the HIPAA laws. In trucking there are companies that track all this information and make it available to other companies at a cost. Probably will eventually be the same thing for regular employees.

Back
Top Bottom