Active Aqua chiller problems

Apbeast87

Greetings everyone,

I'm hoping ya'll can help me solve an issue I'm having. I currently have a Current Culture RDWC system set up, and attached to an Active Aqua 1/2hp chiller. Total gallons of the system is about 50-60. However due to my Timber Grow Lights, things get very hot in my 4x8 space. Room temp is around 90, and even with the chiller on, the water temp won't go below 81 degrees. I have a 785 CFM fan running on max to try and exhaust the warm air outside of the tent.

Do I need a 2nd chiller? Is my current chiller broken? Whats going on?

This would be my first run of the system

Greetings everyone,

I'm hoping ya'll can help me solve an issue I'm having. I currently have a Current Culture RDWC system set up, and attached to an Active Aqua 1/2hp chiller. Total gallons of the system is about 50-60. However due to my Timber Grow Lights, things get very hot in my 4x8 space. Room temp is around 90, and even with the chiller on, the water temp won't go below 81 degrees. I have a 785 CFM fan running on max to try and exhaust the warm air outside of the tent.

Do I need a 2nd chiller? Is my current chiller broken? Whats going on?

This would be my first run of the system

Where is your chiller located?

Are you driving your lights at max power?

If your chillers in your room that's the biggest problem. If your containers aren't insulated that's another problem. If the water is the coldest thing in the room it's going to turn into a heatsink for all the heat. (Temp and pressure are directly related heat migrates from high pressure to low pressure.) Are you still in pull down or has the system stabilized?

hey beast, you need to figure out how to cool your room down more, either by way of cold fresh air intake, or air conditioning. and vent your hot air outside your entire grow room, not just outside the tent. 90F is way to hot unless you are using CO2. That`s prob why your chiller can`t get your res below 81F, it can only do so much against the heat. If you got your tent temp to 80F, you res would prob drop below 70F. If the chiller is in the tent, take it out, it emits heat. Also, your air pump is pumping 90F air into your res which is counteracting the res chiller....get your grow room temps down and everything will dial in.

Also, to reiterate what rifleman said, get yourself some hydroguard (beneficial bacteria). I won`t do DWC without it. Either that or get yourself some res clear or uc roots if you are going to go with a sterile res. pick one or the other. personally i`ve never used a sterile res and always gone with using enzymes (hygrozyme, cannazyme etc) and bennies (hydroguard) to keep my roots healthy...

good luck bro

Island grow is right you need ac definitely
I have a 16 double barrel uc about 105 gallons with 4 gavita 1700 and a 10,000 btu ac and a 1/2 hp chiller that’s in my room bc they actually barely produce any heat especially at your size system running that big of a chiller, but I try to keep the room around 82 bc led lack ambient heat transfer to the plants so I keep the room warm counter that.... I run uc roots and I absolutely swear by it!!! Much better than hydroguard in my opinion
Getting between 12 and 14 per run

Back
Top Bottom