Ad Warns Teens Against Cannabis Use

Spliff Twister

A new television campaign warning teenagers of the dangers of smoking cannabis has been launched. The advert sees youngsters replacing their damaged brain by buying another one in a shop, set in the future.

An empty store in London's Shepherd's Bush was converted into a "brain shop", complete with a fitting room and surgical instruments.

More than 20 different "brains" and assorted "spare parts" (including cerebral fluid and memory stalks) are on offer, each relating to a different symptom cannabis can produce, such as mood swings, paranoia, being sick and lack of motivation.

It has been produced by Frank, a national drugs information service run by by the Department of Health, the Home Office and the Department for Education and Skills.

The service pointed to increasing evidence of a link between cannabis and mental health problems such as schizophrenia.

A spokesman said: "It's important that young people know the risks about cannabis.

"It's the illegal drug they are most likely to come across, and some people mistakenly think it is harmless.

"Cannabis can increase the risk of mental health problems in some, especially if these things run in the family.

"With stronger strains of cannabis than ever before, there's even more reason to get clued up."

Newshawk: Spliff Twister - <A HREF="420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking">420 Magazine</A>
Source: Guardian, The (UK)
Pubdate: Mon, 23 Oct 2006
Copyright: 2006 Guardian Newspapers Limited
Website: Guardian internet edition | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited

"With stronger strains of cannabis than ever before, there's even more reason to get clued up."

I hear this line over and over again. Its stupid, it doesn't affect anything. Hashish which can have to 50%+ THC has existed for thousands of years. All the strength of the plant will tell you is how much you need to smoke to get high, the effects don't change. Stronger pot is GOOD PEOPLE!

Exactly... If it is better weed then you smoke LESS to get just as high as opposed to smoking... 2 joints and countless bowls of some shitty just to feel high.

"With stronger strains of cannabis than ever before" Hell thats all the more reason to get clued up on how to get highed up......lmao........Hell Yeah.:passitleft:

J842P said:

I hear this line over and over again. Its stupid, it doesn't affect anything. Hashish which can have to 50%+ THC has existed for thousands of years. All the strength of the plant will tell you is how much you need to smoke to get high, the effects don't change. Stronger pot is GOOD PEOPLE!

Just playing Devil's Advocate here...

I've got family who is from the hippie era, and were/are hippies themselves. Now, these folks have smoked a lot of pot, and they have told me that there is, without a doubt, a HUGE increase in potency from what used to be around.

They also point out that the pot we have nowadays sometimes produced a very different, "more intense" high, as they put it. My Uncle even said, "Smokin' the stuff we used to have was like having a glass of wine. It helped you relax, and it opened your senses to more pleasurable stimuli. When I smoke some of that crazy grass you bring over, it feels like I'm soaring at a thousand miles an hour. My heart feels like it's beating too hard, my thoughts race, and sometimes I get very panicked."

This is coming from an experienced stoner. So maybe there could possibly a more of a difference due to increases in potency? Maybe it's not just that you can smoke less to achieve the results, but that the results are, in fact, more intense with some of the new strains than they were with the marijuana back in the day.

I'd appreciate input from some of our elders here to either confirm or contradict.

Back
Top Bottom