Advice Needed

Tarek N

This Critical Ak autoflower is 3 weeks old They are in anywhere between 40-60% humidity and between 75-82 degrees. They weren't drooping before but they are now. I don't know if it's over or under watered, or something else. Please give your opinion

20210320_215029.jpg

20210320_214957.jpg

What’s up Tarek?

How much water do you give her? How many days do you go before adding more water? Is she in a drip pan? Does the drip pan have any runoff water in it? Go dry out your kitchen sink, put the strainer basket in so it will hold water, now put a piece of newspaper in the bottom, pull your oven rack out and place it over the kitchen sink, set the grow bag on top of the rack and leave it overnight. See if she starts dripping or peeing water. Is the newspaper dry or is there a puddle in the sink tomorrow morning? Hopefully you have a double sink so you can position the faucet over the other empty side just in case your faucet drips periodically

How heavy is the bag? Since you are new to growing I think it’s very wise for you to have a spare bag, yes a same sized bag full of dry soil - lift the pot method. It how we all learn when we get serious about soil grows and watering habits.

This Critical Ak autoflower is 3 weeks old They are in anywhere between 40-60% humidity and between 75-82 degrees. They weren't drooping before but they are now. I don't know if it's over or under watered, or something else. Please give your opinion

20210320_215029.jpg

20210320_214957.jpg
She looks hungry to me what are you feeding her?

It not exactly the same every time.... this morning it looked better. For 3 weeks do you think it's really small?

20210321_133431.jpg

No the plant looks great size wise - it’s not small at all but it’s way too small for a quart every couple days. Every plant or container of soil that’s been watered has a pool of water held in suspension by the soil it’s called the perched water table. It would help greatly to get those bags set up on a grate above a drip pan, to get air flow underneath and to allow gravity to make that heavy water drip out of the bag.

Suggest you try trick above with sink, newspaper and oven rack. If those bags are sitting in a pan or tray then there is no reason for the water to drain out - it just collects at the bottom and suffocates or drowns the roots. Do that deal as mentioned above and leave it for at least 12 hours but 24 hours would be better, see how much she whizzes out. Then don’t water again for many days like 5 to 7 days minimum. They are getting too much water at one time plus they only dry out for a few days and by that time gravity has done most of its job and the bottom is soggy from the collected water but then they get more water dumped on top. Also suggest that on seedlings and young veg plants you use a sprayer and just lightly mist the top of the soil.

Back
Top Bottom