First time grower need some help

Gasonly

420 Member
Whats going on everyone J here first time grower and new to the forum . Im having a slight issue with my girls that i would love to get some feedback on . Im not sure if the slight drooping may be due to under or over watering , I had not watered in 4/5 days since yesterday which is why i believe they may be under watered . But i also don't want to risk over watering them which is why I have not fed more . Also do y’all think the discoloration on the leaves may be due to nutrient deficiencies ? I tested run off yesterday and my average ppm was in 800 range and ph 6.2-6.3 . (Had fed some cal mag and fox farms grow big and big bloom). Also I try to keep my temps between 75-81 degrees and my humidity has been from 50-60% .

B68B6D6D-658A-44BF-8A25-BEFF1259167D.jpeg

2ED34DCC-48BF-43AD-825C-8F783CB2E0AD.jpeg

9FEA356E-82D3-4A5B-A6E5-2F43A9384D9B.jpeg

6D216F83-5CB4-4C04-8913-16DE889E2F49.jpeg

Hi mate. How do you gauge when it's ready to water them? Do you lift the pots, to feel the weight difference? Or do you just wait a specific time, then water again?
What medium are you growing in?
To me, they look hungry and thirsty..

Whats going on everyone J here first time grower and new to the forum . Im having a slight issue with my girls that i would love to get some feedback on . Im not sure if the slight drooping may be due to under or over watering , I had not watered in 4/5 days since yesterday which is why i believe they may be under watered . But i also don't want to risk over watering them which is why I have not fed more . Also do y’all think the discoloration on the leaves may be due to nutrient deficiencies ? I tested run off yesterday and my average ppm was in 800 range and ph 6.2-6.3 . (Had fed some cal mag and fox farms grow big and big bloom). Also I try to keep my temps between 75-81 degrees and my humidity has been from 50-60% .

B68B6D6D-658A-44BF-8A25-BEFF1259167D.jpeg

2ED34DCC-48BF-43AD-825C-8F783CB2E0AD.jpeg

9FEA356E-82D3-4A5B-A6E5-2F43A9384D9B.jpeg

6D216F83-5CB4-4C04-8913-16DE889E2F49.jpeg
Just an observation but you might think about filling your pots up with more soil. When I zoom in on your leaves it looks suspect for mites. I suggest getting a jewelers loupe and checking your leaves real good. Also I wouldnt bother with run off just adjust the ph going in. Good looking plants.

you just need some calmag bro, and waiting for droop to water isnt a bad thing, they enjoy it actually. BUT, if you can learn to catch the droop 1 day earlier, even better, so your soil dont cause caverns.

Hit them with 250PPMs of calmag, and cut half the solution and spray them before lights out for the night.

Hi mate. How do you gauge when it's ready to water them? Do you lift the pots, to feel the weight difference? Or do you just wait a specific time, then water again?
Appreciate the response bro and so far the way I’ve been telling when to water is by weight difference . The medium i am using is fox farms ocean forest , i just recently started introducing nutrients last week, I am going a bit light maybe too light

Appreciate the response bro and so far the way I’ve been telling when to water is by weight difference . The medium i am using is fox farms ocean forest , i just recently started introducing nutrients last week, I am going a bit light maybe too
you just need some calmag bro, and waiting for droop to water isnt a bad thing, they enjoy it actually. BUT, if you can learn to catch the droop 1 day earlier, even better, so your soil dont cause caverns.
Hit them with 250PPMs of calmag, and cut half the solution and spray them before lights out for the night

Hit them with 250PPMs of calmag, and cut half the solution and spray them before lights out for the night.
Right on bro thank you

Just an observation but you might think about filling your pots up with more soil. When I zoom in on your leaves it looks suspect for mites. I suggest getting a jewelers loupe and checking your leaves real good. Also I wouldnt bother with run off just adjust the ph going in. Good looking plants.
Thank you ill go ahead and look into that and i did go ahead and spray with lost coast plant therapy just incase there is a mite problem since i dont have a loop at moment to confirm .

Oh, and you do not need nutes bro. just calmag. Dont feed them anything but calmag. That soil on the most outter part of your pot hasnt even been touched yet. Ocean forest has been known to carry a plant right thru harvest. Put it like this, for every solo cup worth of soil, you can get around 2 weeks of food out of it. Im just guessing but id say you have about 8 cups worth, so you should be good to go for 14-16 weeks just giving her PHd water to 6.8.

Depending on your light, give or take.. A stronger light, (PAR VALUE) will eat faster, and your plants arnt really busting out the seams, so i doubt they are eating alot.

Now humidity, prime sweet spot would be 80F with 67-65% humidity. 13-15 points from your temp is ideal, and 20 points for flower.

Meaning, if your LEAF temp is 75F, - 15 = 60 to 62 % at the very least, in Veg---- 75F-20=55% in flower,,,,,
Thats a super easy way to fast think your VPD.

Quick update brotha , I fed some calmag and increased humidity and this is them now , looking much much better . thinking of flipping to flower real soon .. would you recommend i lollipop before doing so ? Or wait until the first week or 2 of flower ?

04DCDFDF-AA90-4651-983B-0FAA4F105757.jpeg

Also the 2 in the tan pots are in 3 gallos while the rest are in 5 . Should i upsize or would they be ok to flower in that?

Hey bro they look great, leave them in those pots. And as far as lollipoppin, you have them pretty flat, id let them roll, but if you have the time, let them go another 2 weeks! THEN, see if you need to cut them up. The branches are pretty thin, so the extra veg time could thicken them up to hold buds. But thats up to you..

Sounds good ill give them some extra time to fill in apreciate the advice brotha thanks and have a good day
FOR SURE BROTHER< YOU TOO!:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom