Advice or suggestions for my budget grow cabinet

fozzybear

I have just bought a cheap second hand cabinet 18inches deep 24 inches wide and about 6 ft,high. Its a little on the large side but for the price it was a steal. I looking for advice or suggestions on

- what size Fan & Carbon Filter I would need to get good air circulation/extraction.
- what would be good to seal the cabinet door to minimize air leakage my only idea at the moment is weather strips.
- I have bought gorilla tape to seal all gaps inside the cabinet.
-As the inside of the cabinet is brown I need to either paint it white or use solar reflective paint as they are the cheapest and easiest alternative to reflector sheeting. Would white paint be good enough for LEDS ?.
- I am going to use a portable DWC growing system just for convenience.
- Also I am going to use bubble rap inside the cabinet to conserve heat.

This is a large project for a first time grower so any advice or suggestions would be a great help. Once its complete I intend to upload a few pics to see if you guys approve.

Not sure how cfm calcs scale down. Typically I plan my cfm around exchanging volume of room in 5 minutes. This gives me something like 4 cfm for an 18 cuft box.

You do mention heat conservation. If your dealing with low temps you could decrease cfm in half.

Not sure how cfm calcs scale down. Typically I plan my cfm around exchanging volume of room in 5 minutes. This gives me something like 4 cfm for an 18 cuft box.

You do mention heat conservation. If your dealing with low temps you could decrease cfm in half.[/QUOTE

yes i did but I moving in January so the heat conservation may not be needed anymore just depends where i end up. As for now i have nearly everything except the CF so i will buy that after i have moved and know where its going.

Fan size and carbon filter size are personal preference and matter of budget, I myself runa 4' inch inline fan with an 8' tall carbon filter in a closet lined with mylar and panda film. Take a quick look at the link on my signature and you will see my setup. You would use all mylar or all pnada film or paint the inside white. it really depends on your needs.

what nutrients are you using with your DWC system?
are you starting from seed or clone?
Strains?
have you decided on which type of light to use?

Fan size and carbon filter size are personal preference and matter of budget, I myself runa 4' inch inline fan with an 8' tall carbon filter in a closet lined with mylar and panda film. Take a quick look at the link on my signature and you will see my setup. You would use all mylar or all pnada film or paint the inside white. it really depends on your needs.

what nutrients are you using with your DWC system?
are you starting from seed or clone?
Strains?
have you decided on which type of light to use?

Starting from seed using coco and some clay pebbles surrounding it. Going to look at reviews on supplements when i have it all put together and i am ready to plant . I have decided on four 4 inch 36W florescent tubes 2 cool white and 2 extra warm each side of the cabinet and a 130w UFO Led to supplement light from above.

Painted the cabinet white as i had some paint left over and its easier to clean. Read some one else's build and decided not to use silver as when he went to clean the cabinet it rubbed off. i will defo check out your build :)

Starting from seed using coco and some clay pebbles surrounding it. Going to look at reviews on supplements when i have it all put together and i am ready to plant . I have decided on four 4 inch 36W florescent tubes 2 cool white and 2 extra warm each side of the cabinet and a 130w UFO Led to supplement light from above.

Painted the cabinet white as i had some paint left over and its easier to clean. Read some one else's build and decided not to use silver as when he went to clean the cabinet it rubbed off. i will defo check out your build :)

Ok so a coco and clay pellet mix not bad.
I would recommend you skip on the florescent lights and invest in a good LED settup that is at least 200 watts if your budget allows. Please be careful when searching for your LED light as there are many cheaply made and crappy lights that dont work.

how will you ventilate the area?

Using a TT Hydroponic Inline Extractor Fan with Temp & Speed Control 100mm 4" dia with ducking and carbon filter. Clip fan for the inside. Also may or may not block the gaps around the cabinet door for air flow. If there is too much smell leakage i will block them up make a custom grate at the side and attach an old pc fan to blow air in.

Back
Top Bottom