Aeroponics: SCROG for the roots?

straightup

420 Member
Hey everyone,

New guy here. Been a long time grower (mostly rdwc) but am looking to get into aeroponics, and I've been making plans to build my own high pressure setup.

Given the reasons why aeroponics works so well, I was wondering if it would be beneficial to put a small trellis in the bucket underneath the net pot to allow the roots to spread out and gain more exposure to the spraying of nutrients/oxygen? Remember in aeroponics the root mass is just hanging in air, or laying on the bottom of the bucket/pipe. When it grows into a big ball, I could see some of the interior roots being starved because the misters (especially low pressure systems) aren't going to penetrate some of the larger root balls. I was thinking about it, and had just wondered if it might be possible to apply the scrog idea to the roots using a trellis mounted somewhere under the net pot.

So, does this sound crazy? Would it even work? Supposing the roots don't weave their way in and out of the trellis, could you do it manually like in a scrog? Maybe I'm just stoned, I don't know. I don't have a system built at the moment otherwise I'd try it myself but you all seem like some pretty knowledgeable folks so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom