First Time Grower - Quick Question

IceCoast

Just started my first grow after quite a bit of research. I am currently about 10 days intO the seedling phase, so far so good. I will be using a rdwc top feed drip hydro setup in 5 gal buckets with 8" netpots and hydroton for Veg. Currently the seedlings are rooted in 1.5" rockwool cubes with roots poking out of the bottom an inch or so using aeroponic DIY.

My question is regarding transplanting from seedling set up to veg set up. I anticipate say 6+ inches of roots coming thru the rockwool when ready to get them into the netpots for veg.

Should I take an empty netpot, weave the roots through the holes then fill with hydroton?

Or should I fill the empty net pot mostly with hydroton then just place the roots and cube, then fill with more hydroton?

Just don't want to screw up or crush the roots. Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

hey mate, yea i have a similar set up without the net pots and i just filled up with clay, then rockwool cube went in and i gently covered up/over. :D

Good luck - what strains are you growing man?

Now that you have posted this in the Grow Journal area, you're just gonna have to journal your grow so we can see em grow up.

Back
Top Bottom