Age Old Organics, your opionions please

Batcave, first thing's first. Hats off to you for your awesome, awesome, awesome girls! you are the reason I join 420! I have been following your other LED thread for a while and they look superb. You must like your blue's btw :ganjamon:

Anyway, I hope you don't mind I have a few questions for you. Few are using age old, and your results..well nuff said.

-When you used calmag+ at 1ml, i'm assuming you use a syringe? tsp/tbs'er here..
-The liquid seaweed, is that the one by maxicrop?

-Aaaand finally, with r/o... what's the pH of yours when it comes out? I can't remember mine exactly, but I know it comes out pretty high. I mean, I know it's all about adjusting it in the end after everything you want is added. But still, if one were to just do plain r/o a few times, It would seem that would mess with the pH.

I appreciate it man! thanks!!

-When you used calmag+ at 1ml, i'm assuming you use a syringe? tsp/tbs'er here..
-The liquid seaweed, is that the one by maxicrop?

-Aaaand finally, with r/o... what's the pH of yours when it comes out? I can't remember mine exactly, but I know it comes out pretty high. I mean, I know it's all about adjusting it in the end after everything you want is added.

Hey TR welcome to 420Magazine!

I have 5ml/1tsp droppers that I get from my local hydro shop for $.50ea, they have them at walmart too, look in the kitchen accessories section.

I nornally use Maxicrop regular (green bottle), and Maxicrop with iron (blue bottle) when the regular is not available. I just picked up four 32oz. bottles of Advance Nutrients "Grandma Enggy's Sensational Seaweed Extract" that has a NPK of 1.50% across the board, that I just started using last week, Maxicrop is 0-0-1 . I couldn't pass them up since they were on sale for $10 a bottle and they are nornally $38 a bottle.

As for the RO water, mine comes out at 7.1ph with 17ppm, and my ZeroWater comes out at 0ppm and 7.2ph. I have watered once or twice with just straight RO water but only when My batteries on my PH pen were out, didn't hurt anything for that week but I wouldn't go without testing it too many times.

BC

Hey TR welcome to 420Magazine!

As for the RO water, mine comes out at 7.1ph with 17ppm, and my ZeroWater comes out at 0ppm and 7.2ph. I have watered once or twice with just straight RO water but only when My batteries on my PH pen were out, didn't hurt anything for that week but I wouldn't go without testing it too many times.

BC

Hey Batcave,

Ok I was turned around! my r/o actually comes out really low! it settles around 5.6-5.7! with 10ppm.
My tap comes out at 7.2ish, but 430ppm! Crazy hard... So this is kind of weird.. I wonder why the big pH difference between our ro's.

What do you adjust to in the end before feeding?

Thirdrail, my RO comes from Welcome to: Watermill Express , $1.50 per 5 gallons. I got lazy and didnt feel like replacing my own RO filter, so switched to windmill water. My tap water is 295ppm at 7.8ph, but once I run it through my ZeroWater filter it comes out to 0ppm and 7.2.

I mix all my nutes and additives then re-ph it, if it is below 6.5ph I use PH Up, if it is above 6.5 I just slowly add my liquid seaweed to bring it down to 6.5, prefer the seaweed as a PH down since it adds good micros for my plants. Once it is all mixed up and at 6.5ph then I will throw in a airstone for an hour or so to add oxygen to the water. I sometimes have to re-PH after bubbling it, but rarely. All of my waterings and feedings are done at 6.5 to 6.6ph since I am in soil (fox farm mix).

I been adding 1 Table spoon per gal. of Dry fruit to my base tea no burns I feed water feed. I been thinking of trying the bloom powder it cost more and is mostly the same except for volcanic dust I think its potash. I also got old age earth worm casting and the humic acid I know more in the future. :morenutes: Its nice to save a few bucks. I hear the company is hippie owed.:peace::hippy: I will be using old age organics in the vegetable garden too this year. the new company Vital Earth is worth looking into I want to try their soil out I think its called Manna.

There is this young guy on youtube who goes by the moniker SSLICKK1. He gets AMAZING results with CFL grows and uses Old Age Bloom, FF Big Bloom and molasses in all his grows. He grows designer strains and his plants look unreal. Giant colas everywhere.

I had never hear of AOOs before, might have to consider them judging from the pics here and the vids on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom