Air Con in grow room

odam2k

Summer's coming, and it looks like I'll need to keep growing through the heat... I am growing under 2 400W lamps in part of a spare bedroom. I figure a 6,000 BTU window air conditioner should easily keep the temp nice and cool. It will also dehumidify the room, maybe too much?

Any problems using an air conditioner in a grow room? Thanks

Fortunately, many indoor growers find it far easier and cheaper to keep their rooms at an ideal temperature during the winter months than in the summer. That’s because almost all indoor grows require some sort of air conditioning (AC) to maintain a healthy growth equilibrium during the summer heat.

Air conditioners can be an excellent choice for cooling grow rooms; you just need to buy the right one. If you do decide to go the AC route, go with a mini split system, as it will allow you to maintain a set temperature in your grow room that’s separate from the rest of your home. A mini split system is also more efficient and easier to install than other types of AC systems.

When deciding how to cool your grow room, you should keep outside temperature in mind. Even if it’s freezing outside, you’ll still want to provide your grow room with sufficient cooling because the lights are so hot. For this reason it’s important to invest in an air conditioner with low ambient cooling, which can still provide cold air even when it’s below freezing outside.

Thank you... I did end up grabbing a cheap window air con unit, it's doing a great job keeping the room cool. My grow room is shared as my workshop, so when the lights are on, I'm usually in there, and can adjust the air, cooler when lights on, less cool when off...

Good choice.

Properly maintaining your air conditioner will improve efficiency, reduce energy consumption and prevent costly repairs and downtime. I leave you some tips:

1. Clean the air filter monthly
2. Check for insect/animal nests
3. Clean the condenser coils once per season
4. Clean the water pan
5. Inspect cooling coils for frost or ice buildup
6. Check the remote control

Good luck with your new unit.

Back
Top Bottom