Air cooled hood problem

aperson

Hello boys and girls. Winter is coming and I wanna swap LED's with HPS. To do this I need an aired cooled hood (I actually have one but it doesn't cool so much). I will run it on a 1×1×2m tent with 600 with bulb. I am from Europe so I need something that is found online in Europe, no eBay. Also I have no clue witch is better. So if you can help pls tell me what should I look for and where (Europe only).
Peace!

You don't need a air cooled hps hood mate, with a 8" ex + big enough osc fan, I find using fans to shift intake air around the room you can also blow the heat directly towards the ex fan... The fan you'd have attached to your hood could be spent better elsewhere needed like extractions or a intake.... Can't be bothered 2 ramble on about passive vs inline airflow... Google it... I've had 2 x 600w's in the same space as you with mid 20's c... Just be lucky your not looking at hydro lol...

Also Google reflections hoods light waste, you want to be looking at a parabolic or something... Just my 2p worth

Last winter when I used HPS with cooling hood, 3 vents to take air from the outside to outside, :)), you know to vent with low temp air I was still having 27-28 temps in the tent.

Using them air cooled hoods is a waste of a perfectly useful fan + they are crap at reflecting what light they use.

As long as you have a half-decent, at least 6" with 1 light as extraction + a intake or cool air coming in ya laughing. As the intake comes in have osc fans to blow it around the bottom of ya tent to keep your plants cool. Position them slightly up to blow the underside of the leaves as that's where they breathe, top of the leaves are for photosynthesis. Then at light level you can even use 6"osc fans to blow the heat off ya hood towards your extraction point, heat rises so shove the heat to your extraction point and nature will do it's work... I can literally keep my hands on my hoods without any heat on them and the ladies get kept cool.

I'm probably making it sound more complicated than what it is, Argos sell cheap 24" oscillating fans for 25 quid, just position them right enough to shift the air where you want or as I've stated.

Edit: the method I stated for blowing the air up slightly is neccessary if using co2 as its heavier than air so sinks to the bottom of the groom starving ladies roots of oxygen... Just a little fyi lol

Don't know if I can post this but here's a diagram of something similar to ahem, what I used to have.
grow_room_ventilation_setup_for_hydroponics.gif

Edit: just with 2 parabolics + 2 more osc fans

I find that shit impossible. 2 x 600w hps in 1mx1m tent .... Man I am from eu not Siberia :)) I kid, but still impossible. And I don't have a lot of options. I can't handle to much noise and since I neet to leave the window open... On the next floor I have a cop neighbor. U feel me? :))

Back
Top Bottom