Air cooled hoods

Jackalope

Normally I am one to pay higher prices for my grow equipment. You get what you pay for. I found that there is no way I could do this with my last purchase. I needed a air cooled hood for my HID lights.
Prices for one that would work for the 1000 watt in a 60 x 60 tent averaged around 150 bucks. No way I can pay more for a hood then I paid for the whole light set up. Most of us small time growers can't pay those kind of prices. I had to do a lot of searching before I found one close to my price range.
What I did know before hand was that the iPower hood I bought for the 48" tent worked fine. Its reflectors were just a little small for the larger tent and I wasn't sure if I would get good coverage. iPower has a larger version of the same hood I had before so I got it. At around 60$ it was in my price range. It may not be quite as good as the 150$ model but I had to have a air cooled hood. This hood gets the heat out just like it was built to.
Thought others would like to know that there are lower priced options for air cooled hoods..
Here is the larger version.

Not a very good picture but here is the smaller version that works great for the 48 x 48 tent

You should see them today. They were a little droopy when I got that picture because I had just watered everything.

I'll take a look at that as an option. It looks lighter than there 6" AC hood that I use.

It doesn't weigh much. It does have a thick glass cylinder but the hood part is real thin and weighs nothing. kind of cheap parts but they work and there is room to improve them if you choose

Back
Top Bottom