TUK5150

420 Member
So guys n girls I'm having a tad of an issue for a couple hours of each day but I think it's going to progress as the summer perks up!!

Basically I recently swapped my times over from lights on at 6am till 12am to lights on at 6pm thru to 12 in the afternoon (18hrs on 6 hrs off) to cut out the "hot period" of the day, which yeah it has worked by a degree or so, But now what's happening is, maybe an hour before the lights come on the temps are like 24c lights off!! And when the lights come on that soon turns to 30c!! But only for a while until the sun gets off the room where the tent is sitting, I have a 6inch Thermostatic extractor to help maintain temps, Running a 600w HPS light with 3 monkey fans blowing around the tent which is 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m or for those that work in cm, 120cm x 120cm x 200cm lol...

Anyway after the sun goes it is perfectly fine for the rest of the duration of the lights on period as it runs thru the night, But I can see this being a problem when I come to budding as I'm only in veg still about a month away from flower, and summer is only just begun and apparently we're in for a hot one, which I'm not happy with lol!!!

The tent can't be moved, I do have an airvent running from a window sucking direct air from outside into the tent, but is there anyway I could cool that couple of hours down until the outside temp drops? I'm considering aircon but I wonna try other methods first....

Any advice would be appreciated ✌✌

I had a similar issue, about 4-5 hours of too hot. I got a spot cooler that has proved very successful and because of its efficiency it doesnt cost an arm and a leg to run, particularly if you only run it a few hours. The problem with this solution is that you pretty much have to be there to turn it on and off as its not automated.

I think they are available through Uninex International on Amazon. They are costly though, but how much is a good grow worth? Look for model SAC1800 as that is the least expensive and the sister of the one I purchased.
Thats my two cents.

Thanks for the reply!! Yeah I'll search it up, isit like aircon if so that's my last resort as it is only an hour or two of tough-ish heat with lights off and then lights on, would a bigger intake do? Swap it from 6inch to 8 or 10ich ducting? Or is that effectively sucking more warm air in

So your pulling hot air from outside into the tent or did you mean your exhausting from the tent through the window?
If an A.c unit or some cooler running lights isn’t in the budget you can google a DIY swamp bucket and try that.
No no I'm.sucking fresh air in from a window and exhausting out into the attick

Back
Top Bottom