AK: Anchorage Police And City Officials Investigate Possible Illegal Marijuana Sales

Ron Strider

Anchorage police visited a former location of the Alaska Cannabis Club Wednesday afternoon to confirm that possible illegal marijuana sales had been discontinued.

This comes after a complaint made last month that marijuana was being sold without a license from the property.

No citations have been issued as it's not known who may have been running the alleged retail activity.

The former TV reporter who went by the name Charlo Greene and owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club said the club has been closed for more than a year and she was not involved.

Recently, assembly man Christopher Constant said constituents had complained to him that marijuana was being sold at the property without a license.

Recently, city code officials found a small marijuana retail area with edible products and a menu board along with an "Open" sign.

A land use enforcement report said the city found signs of an active marijuana business including a woman who "seemed willing to conduct a transaction for marijuana products."

The city report said the tenant was listed as Charlo Greene.

The city code inspector said the operation may be violating city codes which require a license to sell marijuana.

Constant said he wants to get rid of illegal sales in his district.

"I've been working with APD, watching the justice system and asking the question for several months 'what can we do, what can we do,'" Constant said. "Finally, I guess code enforcement figured out a strategy that we're gonna be able to implement if any of these crop up around town and they were able to take care of it so it's closed."

APD spokesperson Renee Oistad said the investigation is still open.

In a written statement, Charlo Greene said, "The Alaska Cannabis Club has been closed for well over a year. I haven't lived in Alaska for well over a year. I recently learned that family members with access to the property were taking advantage of my absence and were putting my future and the future of the Alaska Cannabis Club at risk. Upon that discovery, I had all the windows on the property boarded up, the locks changed and I personally contacted APD to have them do extra patrols of the building to ensure no one was accessing it until the property management company reclaimed possession."

Dispensary_in_Alaska_-_GrayTVinc.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Anchorage police and city officials investigate possible illegal marijuana sales
Author: Samantha Angaiak
Photo Credit: GrayTVinc

Back
Top Bottom