Alot of questions...

Aristotle420

1. Are CFL bulbs sufficient for the whole process? I would be able to make relitively large rigs for this what should I have for a balance of wattage etc.?

2. What strain is the best? I want to grow something that no one can touch in my area. I just want to grow about 5-10 plants clone the females and sell what I dont smoke cheap and share the love.

3. Is their a full setup that I can buy lights, ballasts, etc. because I dont understand what I will need for a decent flourescent arrangement.

4. What can I use to dissaoate the smell? I can get tubing and rig up a fan how do I rig up a filter to kill the smell and what do I use for a filter?

5. Is there an indoor pre-packaged setup that will take me through the whole process?

Some people use CFL's for the whole process. Maybe one of them can tell us the actual wattage per square foot for good results. Do a search for T5 grow lights, HTG Supply has a few setups. It takes 4 54 watt T5 tubes to equal a 400 watt MH.

Check the on-line catalogs for seed descriptions. Compare growing conditions, flowering time, and THC levels. Then pick something that nobody else has.

For an air filter, you can get a bag of charcoal from an aquarium store. Rig a fan to make air pass through the charcoal.

There are a lot of plug-n-play starter kits. Go to Ebay and search for "hydroponic". You will need two setups to veg clones and flower adults at the same time.

Felix has some good ideas but he's extremely vague in areas. Just buying a bag of charcoal and blowing the air through it won't work like a real charcoal filter would. There are posts with pics showing home made charcoal filters on here. Do a search.
I would grow with bag seeds first to make sure the set up works and to assure that you have a green thumb. If it was good enough to buy and smoke it should be good enough to grow.
Ebay has tons of stuff. they also have a open door policy for LEO. No warrants or subpenas neccessary so be careful what you buy. We have sponsors that sell exactly what you are looking for and they offer a warranty and advice on setting up and using their products. You won't get any of that off ebay. Look at the sponsor forum.

do you need balasts for the t5's? or just a fixture because i have fixtures for both long flourescents and just simple cfl's.

do the cfl's produce as good weed? because i can easily do that

Im pretty sure T5's need their own flourescent fixture thats made for T5s. To be honest I dont use T5's and know little about them. HIDs are my specialty...Floros arent my thing. But you can produce just as potent weed with CFLs. The only difference is the yield will be lower.

The T5 isn't compatible with the 4 foot 40 watt fixture. You want the high output/high wattage tubes for enough lumens, and they need a high wattage fixture.

I tried KenoFlo's (studio lights) in a shop light fixture just to see if they would strike. They lit up but they were dimmer than the 40 watt tubes.

You can find the things you want online, and a lot of sources can be contacted directly. You can make a mail order purchase instead of sending your address across the internet. It's also good to know someone in the Shipping/Receiving Department of a place that does a lot of shipping and receiving. A lot of UPS deliveries at your house looks funny.

2. What strain is the best? I want to grow something that no one can touch in my area. I just want to grow about 5-10 plants clone the females and sell what I dont smoke cheap and share the love.

i beleive its opinion of the effect and the effects youre looking for that would allow YOU to judge the best strain for yourself. honestly i look at all these memebr growing bagseed.. and theyre beautiful mysterious plants! im intrigued to try it, but i have boughten seeds off of a store in Uk. and we used greenhouseseeds which i do like. especially the feminised. but i would think you would have to let us know what kind of high youre looking for to reccomend strains.

cheers

Just check out Boss's Poor Mans Grow. As for seeds, make sure you got it down b4 spending $$ on high quality seeds. I mean i would be pissed if i spent $100 on seeds just to find out i had a black thumb and they all died.

yeah i was gonna build two rigs with cfl's grow about 3 plants the first time and let the go regardless of sex... take the seeds from that grow to build up on the strain i buy... ive looked into the timers and the testers and i think ive got a pretty concrete understanding of everything... i just am trying to figure out smell dissapation. i figure i can do it right for about 200 and be growing somewhere around 4 females after the first grow... my plan is ultimately just to grow small and stay small with a pretty constant turnaround. I have a friend who has a ton of seeds so i might go with just some regular saved seeds until i figure out which strain im gonna grow... i really want that body high feeling still havent got it narrowed down to what i want but i really would like to grow something that in plant form just looks insane and then smokes good and feels good...

Back
Top Bottom