Problem with Lowryder

eddiebove

Hey - I'm a frist time grower on a massively tight budget and I'm having some weird growing patterns emerging with my lowryder plants.
I managed to get some professional grower's compost, decent nutes and good seeds from online but wasn't able to afford any good growing lamps. I read somewhere that flourescents combined with incandescents work well and so that's what I got - 2 60 watt flourescents and a 100W incandescent. The seedlings look healthy but with one problem -
They're really, really tall - like 5 inches tall! And after 13 days they have only just started to put out their 2nd set of serrated leaves. I think this is because of the lighting set up I have - you can see that in the pic below.
2894938694_33556bac43.jpg

The two flourescents are attached to the wall on either side of the
plants and the incandescent is above them both.

2894939234_af02375feb.jpg

And this is what the seedlings look like - I've even had to stake them up to stop them from falling over!!

Is there anything I can/need to do to sort this out? I could maybe rig the flourescent sup so they're directly overhead but this would be pretty difficult to do in the space I'm working in.

Cheers

Edit: I've managed to rig up the flourescents above the plants - they're about 2 inches above them now - will this help?

yes, get more flo get rid of the can. do a search and you will find piles of great grow info.have a wonderful day.

your plants are tall because they are stretching. you can get 42watt (2700 lumen) cfl's for less than $10, and you can hang them an inch or two from the plants.

simply put, you need more light, closer to the plants.
no idea how beneficial the incandescent is- if at all.
good luck man, these plants are hardy, you can piss them off for a while, put esp if $ is tight, add a cfl a week for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom