Notreallyhere in 2009 either: A Closet Grow

notreallyhere

good evening everyone! I've been out for a bit- shut the closet down for a bit and fighting technichal difficulties... this is the second time i've had to type this post out. first one crashed as I attached the last picture. regardless, this post will just be less infromative.

I've had bad results with cloning- lost the 5 cuttings I took off the bush that went to flower at the end of december (side note: that plant gave 3 oz, just like its mom, at a foot shorter). started 30 seeds, got 4 females. one died, 2 turned into ruderalis autoflowering crap. the last one suffered from pythium and almost died, but has since rebounded. she is believed to be a northern lights x nebula cross.

found my way across 2 blueberry clones earlier this year. another local grower had too many for his space, and shared. rooted clones are the best thing to share! one of those is in the flower room now, and looking great, the other has been treated as and converted to a bonsai mother. basically a normal mother with smaller size, thicker branches, lots of trimming but lots of cuttings. read the tutorial that floats around- its awesome. taken 12+ clones so far from this plant, prob ready for 8 more in the next few days, and increasingly more after that. awesome.

have modified cloning technique a bit- i now use a scalpel for cuts, clonex as gel, and soil as a medium. for comparison: last try at cloning in 2008 netted 0/5 plants, first batch with clonex 6/6 took.

It is currently taking about 2 weeks from cut to get clones weaned off the humidity dome. I am actively persuing ways to hasten this- does anyone use the clonex solution as mist? they claim it helps...

blueberry is a kinda picky strain no? likes to leaf curl a lot. don't know which breeder it came from, but if there is any strain-specific advice let me know!

that about does er, wraps er all up... there was more lebowski in the first post. sorry guys....:bongrip:

take it easy, sorry to dissapear to the shadows for a few months.
thanks for reading!
:rollit::thanks::rollit:

picture time!

overview4.JPG

bonsai mom!
bonsai_two.jpg

bonsai_one.jpg

NLxN seedling
nl_seedling.jpg

clone taken 2.17
transplanted_clone.jpg

clones taken 2/26
rooted_clones.jpg

Clones still in dome (due out soonish)
domed_clones.jpg

Good to see ya back! Your plants are looking great. I'll be watching. ;-) The clones look nice, too! Oh, and I know how that is when you type stuff out perfectly and then it disappears. That usually happens when I try to add pics, too.

Hello again! my computer is back, all fixed and shiny. we like this.

Closet is moving at full speed. Since last post I've taken 10 cutting from blueberry bonsai mom.

also took 5 from the weak nl/nebula seedling, then euthanized her. she had weird stem disease and some root rot, but had shot white roots down to the bottom of the pot. she lives on, though, as her first clone came out of the dome this morning.

transplanted 6 clones to 1.5L pots, for 7 total big ones. 7 more are out of the dome, rooting in small pots. waiting for space to transplant! the first 7 should be going to 12/12 within a week or so, they all started on Open Sesame yesterday.

Had to rearrange the closet a bit- so I now have 2x42w CFL over the clone dome, 1x42w+1x?w CFL over dedomed clones, and 4x24w 2' T5's over transplants and mother. Still following the full fox farm schedule incl. solubles. small bits of superthrive and vitastart in the cocktail as well.

and that is the state of the closet.
thanks for reading!
:peace:

Overview!
overview5.jpg

Bonsai Mother, getting thicker and growing new cuttings! freshly trimmed back.
motheroverview.jpg

motherundercarriage1.jpg

motherundercarriage2.jpg

Transplanted Clones
terracepotclonetransplant.jpg

6transplants2.jpg

6transplants1.jpg

de-domed clones
6dedomed.jpg

Clone Dome at full occupancy
clonedome1.jpg

thanks guys! the blueberry has actually been pretty much 100% successful since i nailed down my technique and started using clonex. well, also when i started treating the mom like a mom.... she gets plain water most of the time, especially as she approaches cutting time. maybe a little big bloom, but she only gets grow big right after I take lots of cuttings, because she needs it for fast green growth.

as you can see I'm running out of light- i'm looking at a 400w mh. I think that would do the trick... I might also just get the hps so I can put a ceramic metal halide in- the spectrum graph on that sold me. an all growth stage bulb? shit yeah! that way is also future proof, in case i need a flowering lamp at any time. yeah.

no pictures just yet, but soon!
have 7 plants under the t5s due to move to a flower room by the end of the week.
have 6 clones under cfl's, will transplant and move to t5's after class 1 graduates.
have 13 in the dome. looking at it as 2 runs of 6 and a NLxN mom.

one of the 6 clones under cfls is the Northern Lights x Nebula clone from the death-defying seedling. growing mad roots right now, not much vertical growth yet.

lost 3 clones recently- first 3 lost! one was rooted, but poorly and slowly. the 2 others were maybe a week into the dome, and failed the slight tug test by leaving half the stem underground and being goopy. they were quickly removed from the garden. interestingly enough, one was BB and one was NLxN- both very thin stemmed.

one of my clones from NLxN was also very thin- ended up keeling over before standing up partway again. kinda has a DIY LST thing going on...

also- soon to be setting up another off-site 400w flowering room. more to come, but thank god I was worried where i was gonna stick all these....

cheers

good evening! i have two sets of pictures tonight, one from the 5th, and one from the 7th (just now). they follow, after a slight (we hope) ramble.

trimmed back mom last night- forgot to take a picture before i got the scalpel out, sorry! ran out of soil part way through, but got 7 into soil. one pot has 3 of them in it. we're experimenting...

the 7 plants in big pots under the t5's with their mother are getting big. they will graduate soon- to one of two places. buddy just got a 400w HPS in the mail, and we hung that earlier today and set up fans and whatnot. still needs mylar. and plants.
it best be soon- I'm running out of space!

thats plenty of words, i'm not even sure if you read these. but yeah, pictures are more fun.

this is the set from 4/5/09

overview
DSC010422.jpg

clone dome, dome off
DSC010362.jpg

transplanted clones
DSC010371.jpg

bush clone- slightly older than the above. was topped.
DSC010382.jpg

Mommy!
DSC010402.jpg

more to follow, shortly!

overview
DSC010492.jpg

The bushy, slightly older clone
DSC010573.JPG

MOM
DSC010562.JPG

transplanted clones
DSC01055.jpg

de-domed clones, due for transplant. (as soon as we get these other plants out!)
DSC010541.jpg

clone dome. it is humid.
DSC010523.JPG

de-domed clone section
DSC010513.JPG

rare earth, from GH. new acquisition. does anyone use this or have any opinions?
DSC010534.JPG

this is a totem pole, a joint packed into a bong.
It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend trying it.
DSC010482.JPG

I like the way your plants look kinda like a bonzai tree! i bet they are gonna end up looking like bonzai buds!!

that is actually the mom- she has been in that pot since I got her and given life to 95% (i made that number up, but its close) of the plants in my closet. there is an excellent tutorial that was archived from overgrow about bonsai mums- it is good reading if nothing else.

Nice growin, looks like you're on track for big things.

that is the hope man! :thanks: maybe in a month or so I'll find a lady to pose with my plants....

thanks so how are T5s doin i thought about them too just not sure how many i would need and such i want a huged garden but i dont want alot of heat so not sure about hps

t5's are awesome- for vegging. i would go for a 4 bulb or higher, and as long as you can. for flowering- HPS really is god, and if you get a reflector with a lens and ducting, air flow really helps keep temps within a reasonable level.

sent 6 plants to a 400W hps off-site, pictures of that soon.
transplanted 6 plants today- finally got some mycorrhiza- innoculated the transplants.
now pics.

transplants
DSC010593.JPG

my favorite transplant, the northern lights by nebula from a sick seedling
DSC010602.JPG

de-domed clones, can you spot the NLxN's?
DSC010582.jpg

mommy, growing back new cuttings
DSC010611.JPG

hello, back with more pictures. time keeps moving on and on and on.

harvested a blueberry recently- the last single plant harvest.
this plant:
042809_1800_00_.jpg

gave us just over 3oz of this:
DSC010902.JPG

DSC010912.JPG

DSC010921.JPG

have some pictures of the new off-site 12/12 room- 6 plants under an air cooled 400w HPS. These pics are oldish, but the plants almost tripled in size since veg- nearly 4ft tall. awesome. harvest in 4 weeks or so. no particular order:
DSC010792.JPG

DSC010832.JPG

DSC010792.JPG

DSC010771.JPG

DSC010671.JPG

DSC010641.JPG

DSC010621.JPG

news before random veg shots: Turns out NLxN was male. mad bummer. still have a tiny one kicking around veg in case we want to breed at some point, but it was just such a pretty genetic...
sent the 6 solo cup clones to first flower room, where some were traded for Widow clones. Very excellent, and soon we should see another bonsai mom coming along. BB mom status: badly needs cutback. out of soil. clones can wait.
random veg shots- no order, no idea when they were.
DSC01086.JPG

DSC010851.JPG

DSC010712.JPG

DSC010701.JPG

DSC010691.JPG

and that is the news from lake Wobegon.

marijana is such an amazingly beautiful plant
nice job dude
mad props
im glad that people post the process cuz it is so amazing

Back