Iwltfum's Recirculating Coco GH Journal - Harlequin - Blackwater OG - China Jack

You got some really good stuff going on man! :thumb:

Making concentrates and refrigerating/freezing is a good way to go. I tend to keep my jars of buds hanging out next to me and every now and then when I'm in an oil/hash making mode will just incorporate the most unused ones into the next batch. Most pot strains change their mode when changed into a concentrate depending on whether you decarbed/activated it.

The very best of the best will be made into BHO. I have 6 cans of 9X filtered butane to do a batch off my DWC girl that's about to be cropped. I use a method of distilling the butane so it can be reused right away to extend the life and let me do up to 5x the amount of extraction I could do with normal low-tech methods. Lots of expensive equipment can be got to the same kind of thing but I'm on a "Lo-budget!" ala the Kinks. Not allowed here to go into detail about butane extractions but I think that's wrong as if handled carefully it's no more dangerous than using any flammable solvent to extract oils from pot or any other medicinal plants. Another case of prohibition causing more harm than the actual act that is prohibited.

L8r

You got some really good stuff going on man! :thumb:

Making concentrates and refrigerating/freezing is a good way to go. I tend to keep my jars of buds hanging out next to me and every now and then when I'm in an oil/hash making mode will just incorporate the most unused ones into the next batch. Most pot strains change their mode when changed into a concentrate depending on whether you decarbed/activated it.

The very best of the best will be made into BHO. I have 6 cans of 9X filtered butane to do a batch off my DWC girl that's about to be cropped. I use a method of distilling the butane so it can be reused right away to extend the life and let me do up to 5x the amount of extraction I could do with normal low-tech methods. Lots of expensive equipment can be got to the same kind of thing but I'm on a "Lo-budget!" ala the Kinks. Not allowed here to go into detail about butane extractions but I think that's wrong as if handled carefully it's no more dangerous than using any flammable solvent to extract oils from pot or any other medicinal plants. Another case of prohibition causing more harm than the actual act that is prohibited.

L8r

Hey OMU! Thanks for stopping by! People in my county are blowing themselves up and blowing their houses up left and right because they don't know how to make BHO safely. At the same time that some kind person could outline a safe and proper way to make the stuff, an equally mean hearted or ignorant person could just as easily post a method that could lead to the reader (and maybe the fire department) having a fire to take care of. I could see blame being put on a website that was opened up to a BHO making page after someone had an accident making BHO, so I kind of see the reasoning behind it, but it does irk me at the same time though.

Where I live, butane explosions got so bad last summer that the county wrote an emergency ordinance prohibiting the extraction of cannabis period (yes, including bubble hash). I have to drive to a different county just to make the stuff.

EDIT: Speaking of ordinances concerning recreational marijuana, one of the Denver counties has outlawed the use of HID lights in residences.

Thanks for the peek at the flower room. Wow- gorgeous! When I get time to start putting together a soil mix I'll be back in here poking around for info trying to get a good recipe together.

Very nice looking garden bro!

Thanks for the peek at the flower room. Wow- gorgeous! When I get time to start putting together a soil mix I'll be back in here poking around for info trying to get a good recipe together.

Wow, you really do have some good stuff going on in your flower room, thanks for sharing. Those are some really nice looking plants, and the buds are big! Such an even canopy :thumb:

Thanks guys! That tray is actually being grown with GH and moab. Probably should have made that clear. My organic flowers don't look quite as good, but I am getting better with it. I made yet ANOTHER soil mix that is quite similar to the black and gold mix, just alot lighter on NPK's. Every soil recipe gets better though, so I guess that means that I'm not quite there yet. I have high hopes for this new one after seeing how well the super hot black and gold mix is working.

I just realized that the plants in my bloom room are the clones that I started this journal with. I guess I'll keep you guys updated on that one and also about the "seedlings". Updating during bloom is a bit touchy for me so the timeline might be a little off, but it'll still go chronologically.

IMG_045836.JPG

IMG_051933.JPG

IMG_059731.JPG

Speaking of these plants...
I have been seeing a little yellowing on a couple of the GH plants and it seemed to correspond with me upping the amounts of MOAB (mono-potassium phosphate bud hardener) to full strength. It looked like nitrogen deficiency at first, but so far into bloom? I've never seen nitrogen deficiency this far into bloom, so I decided to test the run off and it tested at 4.0! Yikes. Hopefully it hasn't been like that for too long.
I decided to perform a complete flush of the coco yesterday and I'm going to give them a splash of nutrients today. They usually get fed every other day so I think giving them some nutrients today will be fine and then they will probably be ready for more nutrients the day after tomorrow.
With only a couple weeks to go, this is all a bit nerve racking, but 4.0 is unacceptable so I'm glad to have them back at 5.9 - with or without nutrients. I guess I'll back off to half strength again with the MOAB. Pretty sure that was the culprit.

My favorite part of growing a new strain is the first time I'm able to smell the flowers. A couple more weeks...

First couple days of bloom and pistils are a poppin!

I understand your privacy concerns, and at the same time you're teaching us the value of patience! That flower room is looking great. Sounds like you have them back on track from the MOAB issue. Now you know their limits!

That's for sure and I was definitely testing the limits going full strength with it. What I found weird was that pH was so heavily affected, but the plants showed no signs of phosphorus toxicity. I have always been warned that I can easily burn my plants with MOAB (0-52-32), but now I'm thinking anybody that burned their plants with this stuff probably went over the recommended amounts. When I put a full strength dose (of MOAB) into the nutrient solution, it takes twice as much pH up to get it to 5.9 than it does with half strength so I guess that should have clued me in to watch the pH more carefully. Oh well. Flush and learn right?

Sad to see the last of the cold weather crops get harvested this week, but the greenhouse is still going strong!
IMG_061925.JPG

Here's to the relatively late fall this year. Prost!
I will post an update on the flowers later today.

Happy Friday!

Thats a beautiful place.
I have never seen snow in person, so I guess that place looks magical to me. Do plants grow well in the cold? I know the greenhouse helps with that, but does it affect grow in any way?

Thats a beautiful place.
I have never seen snow in person, so I guess that place looks magical to me. Do plants grow well in the cold? I know the greenhouse helps with that, but does it affect grow in any way?

I have a love/hate relationship with snow. It covers the ground for 7 months of the year where I live and that can get a bit old when you're trying to grow your own food, but I'm also a 100+day/year skier so I'd rather be close to the mountains that I like to ski in. Kind of a toss up, but the greenhouse definitely helps. I built it a couple months ago so I'm really not sure how far it will extend my season, but currently it's 7c/45f outside and the greenhouse is 25c/77f without a heater. I have to use a heater at night though. Right now, it gets down to -1c/30f or so at night, but with the heater, the greenhouse stays around 12.5-15.5c/55-60f. It seems like I can keep it about 15 or 20 degrees fahrenheit warmer than the outside air in general so once it starts getting really cold, I'll have to shut it down, but for now, there are lots of healthy tomato and cucumber plants in there that are fruiting like it's still summer as well as some relatively small cannabis plants that I put in there as clones when the light hit 12/12 as an experiment.

Sometimes the grass looks greener, Roach. (Or whiter). Though snow is a wonderful thing sometimes. Especially when you're a kid :)
You are right. Funny I would pay to go and see snow in person but wont spend $5.00 to go to a local beach!

Hey Iwltfum, its awesome you are growing veggies over there! I bet gardening has to be harder in your zone. Where I live there are only two seasons. Dry season and rainy season. We get 12 to 12 and a half hours year long, so you cant really veg plants outside!

You are right. Funny I would pay to go and see snow in person but wont spend $5.00 to go to a local beach!

Hey Iwltfum, its awesome you are growing veggies over there! I bet gardening has to be harder in your zone. Where I live there are only two seasons. Dry season and rainy season. We get 12 to 12 and a half hours year long, so you cant really veg plants outside!

I would love those growing conditions. It's pretty tough gardening outside here. It can be done, but you have to make use of indoor space and lights before the season gets going in order for your plants to be productive.

Assorted clones that got planted this week. I was worried about them for a while. It took longer than usual for them to start showing roots, but most of them ended up getting planted so I guess it was pretty successful. I tossed 4 out of 25 because they were just too damn slow to pop out of the cube, but they all had roots when I broke open the rockwool
IMG_062023.JPG

This light has really gotten out of control on me. :morenutes:
IMG_062126.JPG

EDIT: Oh shit. I forgot I was going to start a new journal with these. :volcano-smiley:

So I took a couple of pictures in the bloom room a couple weeks ago. I lit some of the buds with a flash light because it seemed to show the trics a little better.

Chinese Jack:

IMG_062333.jpg

IMG_063436.JPG

Black Water OG:

IMG_062527.jpg

IMG_062930.JPG

Snow wreck:

IMG_063329.JPG

Snow wreck with her friends:

IMG_063136.JPG

These "seedlings" were 13 days into bloom at the time the pictures were taken. I have been keeping them covered in DE to keep the russet mite spirits away: :wood:

IMG_063529.JPG

IMG_063624.JPG

Only the ghosts of the mites are left now?

haha I THINK so. Well they were definitely still on two plants that got chopped down about two weeks ago and I trimmed them in a way that would spread them the least and burned the fan leaves and stems. I froze the sugar leaf and made BHO out of it, so I doubt anything survived that, but these things are pretty resilient. No signs of them on any of my plants currently except a few tomato plants in the greenhouse, but they have DE on them and around them and it doesn't seem to be spreading to the healthier plants. Crossing my fingers, but they haven't exploded in numbers like they did when they first arrived. After the DE and sulfur, chopping or isolating affected plants seems to be a good control. Any bug that can withstand that stuff is a champ, and if they find certain plants to make a home base on where they can survive the attacks, they seem to be able to use it to spread quickly.

Back
Top Bottom