G-Dog, Finally Growing Something

G-Dog

I have a lot of hobbies and one of them is gardening.

My bud garden is going to be very boring this time and I hate to even talk about it.... But for me to have any cred around here I have to post a grow thread and subject myself to all you guys that do it right.

Okay, to start off I have some cuttings of Chronic that are in the bubble cloner now and taking root. So I guess in a sense this grow has started.

I made a little chamber for cloning that is a wooden laundry hamper with a computer fan and a couple CFLs. Oh yeah, I put some foamcore paper stuff on the inside of it to reflect light. To be honest, I may not have needed the fan as the thing is pretty cool. Clones seem to like it warm. However, I am going to have to keep my mother someplace and that may do for now. I have a lot of stuff to still work out still, so what is my clone chamber today will be my mother chamber tomorrow and my clone chamber again once I start to need to be taking clones again... in about 2 months.

My cloner is just a Ziplock product, one of those almost disposable Tubberware things with a lid. I poked some holes in it to put my cuttings and ran an aquarium pump into it to make bubbles. Nothing new or fancy.

I plan on putting them in Soil tomorrow so I will get some photos of everything before I do. I plan to keep a mother of this and see if I like it or not. I am really thinking this is just something to play with for half a year or so to be honest. If it turns out good than maybe I will keep at it.

I have some pretty nice seeds, but I am going to hold them for another project.

Okay, I got some photos.

I have taken my plants out of the cloning chamber (the hamper) and moved them to a grow chamber, my desk.

My desk has a place to slide a chair under. I have lined the area under my desk with white foamcore for reflectivity. I have a few CFLs down there, and that will increase next week or so. All the planters are temp. I will eventually convert this to a two plant scrog, making one a mom and doing something else with the remainder. They are under 24 hour light right now. I think I already have my two bud plants figured out and the mother.

I have a black sheet under over the desk at the moment, but I am cutting a board to match the cabinet today.

I am using the rubbermaid tub to keep water from getting on the new hardwood floor. I am concealing this grow right now because of reasons I do not want to mention. It involves plant numbers.

I cut a hole in the side of the rubbermaid tub so that I can feed the branches of the plants into chicken wire in a couple of weeks.

The clones are Chronic.

Soil is Organic mix that I made myself from compost and sandy loam. I am going to use Miracle grow this round, but next time I am going to use more organically leaning products. I am still researching that to justify the expense.

My Desk
My_Desk.jpg

My Grow Chamber
veg_chamber_1.jpg

Closeup
new_clones_up_close.jpg

Just for fun I am going to show some of the stuff I have growing in the back yard. Nothing special. They are about 4 feet tall and budding nicely. Three of them.
Outdoor_2010_Aug_30.jpg

Outdoor_Buds_2010.jpg

Not sure I understand what you are talking about here. Maybe I am too high.

the front row of the strip club.....

I re-potted my indoor stuff yesterday. They are in 1.5 gallon pots now. I was going to go right to 3 gallon pots, but my mother chamber wasn't ready yet so I had to use the smaller pots. This was a reaction to one of them drying out and almost dying (one of my better girls). Well I actually only re-potted three of them. That is all I had room for. A few of them are still in small pots. I am not sure what I am going to do with them as I only wanted 3 plants indoor total. Maybe I will just veg these longer in the mother chamber or something. I wish I knew someone locally that wanted a couple of Chronic clones that are well on their way. I do not have room for them inside really. But in about three months I will need two more clones. I will need to decide soon. Hate to just kill them. Maybe I need another little veg chamber or something. If I use my desk to flower and scrog only it will save me a lot of time if I veg in another place. Need to think this out before I go giving anyone the axe.

:popcorn: I will be watching you....wait, that sounded kinda creepy.

BTW brother, I just love watching our babies grow...the more inventive, the more unique, the more interesting to me...so not boring.

My grows (especially the earlier ones), they are like soap opera's, the drama and struggles with the forces of evil and stupidity (me mostly).

:peacetwo:

I re-potted my indoor stuff yesterday. They are in 1.5 gallon pots now. I was going to go right to 3 gallon pots, but my mother chamber wasn't ready yet so I had to use the smaller pots. This was a reaction to one of them drying out and almost dying (one of my better girls). Well I actually only re-potted three of them. That is all I had room for. A few of them are still in small pots. I am not sure what I am going to do with them as I only wanted 3 plants indoor total. Maybe I will just veg these longer in the mother chamber or something. I wish I knew someone locally that wanted a couple of Chronic clones that are well on their way. I do not have room for them inside really. But in about three months I will need two more clones. I will need to decide soon. Hate to just kill them. Maybe I need another little veg chamber or something. If I use my desk to flower and scrog only it will save me a lot of time if I veg in another place. Need to think this out before I go giving anyone the axe.
I can only imagine having to chop one down - and its not a good feeling I get! I think the multiple areas is a good idea, but I suppose that depends on your 'plant number' issue. Good luck - Im in!

Well Dog (is that alright ?) when the heck did you got this journal going. Where have I been? :lot-o-toke:

I like that stealth grow under the desk! That's great man very nice. Your outdoor stuff is looking very nice also. I tried to rep ya but I did already I guess.

I'll be watchin from behind that outdoor lady ya got. :popcorn:

:bravo:

Hey guys, I am not a master of the multiple quotes (like our good friend and brother Wood). And if you want to see a nice deck grow make sure you check him out.

You can Call me dog.

I am involved in some other things too... too much to talk about. Let me just say that around harvest time I should have some very interesting photos.

And Nice to see the veterans visit me, Green and Hog. I am sort of ashamed of this stuff to be honest, but it is something of a hobby. I have always wanted to play with microgrows, low wattage and low heat. I have grown with CFLs before and was especially happy with the whole program.

Woods, I will take some more pictures in a day or so. Have a bunch of things going on with my daughter visiting me and I should not even be on the computer. The thing is she is on the other computer right now playing with her facebook and stuff. She is 19 and a total doll.

I will show pictures of my hamper that I will be using as a mother chamber and a cloning chamber. My mother will be a total bonsai, but I only need a couple clones a year from her. I am going to try to keep that chamber to about 46 watts. If I find I am needing more lumens I can easily add lights until I get it right. It is conceivable that I can keep a bonsai mother in a hamper in a 1.5 gallon pot with 46 watts of power with a computer fan.

My desk will be a fine scrog I think. My height is about 30 inches. I will be fixing chicken wire to the top of that Rubbermaid tub in a day or two. I will have 2 plants in 3 gallon pots my plan is to veg them until I get complete coverage of the chicken wire. I do not know how long that will be, but I will be showing you all along. Once I have complete coverage I will note the time for future reference. I can plan my future clones and veg times for maximum efficiency after my first grow this way. I have plenty of options for wattage and air flow in this assembly and will be making adjustments as I go. I will probably have about 230 watts (10 cfls), but that is not a hard plan. If I need more light I can add more in a jiffy.

My outdoor stuff is on autopilot. I do not want to make a trail to it so I let them go. I will only take pictures about once every two weeks. It is skunk #1 and smells like a total skunk from 50 feet away. You seen how early it is in flower. I do not know what I am going to see in regard to smell once it starts to finish. I live in a place that rains in the fall. I will probably have to find a way to cover them with a lean-to plastic tent at some point. I hate to do that, but it is that or harvest early. It always rains in the fall here.

Thanks for coming everyone. I appreciate the company. I will visit all of your grows as well.

Nice stuff going G. Just dropped in to check things out and get subbed. Ill be keeping up with this grow. I like how you are doing alot of stealth growing. Small spaces, low lumens, low heat, sounds like an adventure to me! +reps to you. Good Luck and peace :peace:

Never be ashamed of your grow bro. Just grow any way you can.
+reps :thumb:

Not everyone has the same resources available - time, money, space, ect. And if people didn't try different things in different ways, none of us would ever learn anything. ;)

Agent Green :hookah:

Never be ashamed of your grow bro. Just grow any way you can.
+reps :thumb:

Not everyone has the same resources available - time, money, space, ect. And if people didn't try different things in different ways, none of us would ever learn anything. ;)

Agent Green :hookah:

I did a crazy job tonight and I was paid with some giant rewards. Photos tomorrow. I got two rewards in fact, one of them not as great as the other, but great none-the-less. My lovely young blonde tells me me I have to buy a high powered (HID) light to finish them with, in fact. Photos tomorrow. I guess I just increased the indoor stakes so to speak, I will give you the specifics tomorrow, as well as specs, but this unexciting garden just got exciting.

As promised, updated photos after transferring to the 1.5 gallon pots. In a week or so I will transfer two of those girls to 3 gallon pots and put chicken wire to the top of the Rubbermade tub. I will use bungy cords to fix the chicken wire to the top so that I can take it off and put it back on. I plan to cut another hole in the Rubbermade tub for better air circulation and access. I am going to take one of those and keep it in the 1.5 gallon pot and keep it as a mother in my mother chamber.

Sept_05_2010_Chronic_1.jpg

Sept_05_2010_Chronic.jpg

Here is the latest addition and kind of a surprise. I was gifted some purple kush from a friend that needed my help yesterday. Not sure exactly what we are going to do with them, but all they have had so far is veg nutes and 24 lighting. They are both females from clone and I plan to clone these right away in case I fall in love with them I will have something to fall back on. My girl and I are talking about getting some HPS lights to finish these off with. It means we have to do it in the spare bathroom and that creates a bit of a problem. Only a problem for 2-2 1/2 months though.

Note the hamper in the left of the picture. That is the mother and clone chamber. It has some CFLs and a computer fan and is really low profile.

Purple_Kush_Sept_05_2010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom