FINALLY Got it Rollin!

Sanwan

Well it's almost done as far as the upper cabinet...will install the 4" exhaust fan tomorrow and put 2 slide locks on to keep 'er tight. This btw is my first grow. 2 bubble buckets up top and 4 will be be in the bottom (top for veggin' only). Top chamber lighting duties handles with 200w cfl and the lower cab will have a 180w Prosource LED. Nutes being used are TechnaFlora "Starter Pack"....just following instructions so far. I will get more detailed as i go along and learn. Just using some good bag seed right now...if you see something outta' wack or something that shouldn't be done the way I am then feel free to say
Started life as a bathroom closet.....
IMG_22561.JPG

Re: FINALLY got it rollin'!

Bubblers going fine, nutes' and ph stable...need an extra fan or two now!!
IMG_2300.JPG

IMG_23053.JPG

Going to bed will add more info in morning..it's 3 am!!

Sweet man off to a great start! def subscribed -

Well making the exhaust wasn't as "quick going" as I had planned, but I am almost done...I sure as hell will have an easier time on the next closet/room I build....still have to finished the bottom section of grow closet now and get ready for the LED.
Also realized I shouldn't have used seedlings out of my buddies yard (thats why they are stretched, we dug 5 of them up and I brought them home, washed roots in ph balanced water and then set them up in the bucket.....AND the roots do not look all that great, I will post pictures up tomorrow).
The exhaust was made with a 4" fan mounted to a 4" pvc grate cover I cut up, then that's mounted to the door with a round 3" grate cover, and yes i will seal it up pretty. I will post pictures of the passive light trap intake i made as well (both ideas taken from this site).
IMG_23102.JPG

IMG_23132.JPG

Thanks for all the positive support folks! Makes a couple feel mighty welcomed. To avoid confusion to myself and to keep things simple I have moved everything over to the "led" grow forum as I plan to flower using 180w led.... seems to be a lot of interest in this light tech so perhaps my mistakes or success will help someone else along the way. Of course I hope to see ya'll stop in over there to check up... and I guess I will post some small updates here as well, and any DWC ???'s I have will be direct here too.
Thanks again everyone!:thanks:
Jawasan
:surf:

Eh screw it, I will just keep my journal over here since it is DWC regardless of lighting. I will say that i did not start this grow with the strictest standards, didn't write down the exact day I started, etc..... just kinda' jumped in head first... sink or swim.
So a bit of cut and paste and hope I didn't violate any rules I might have read but have forgotten regarding posting. Onward....

(Copied from LED forum)
I have never done a journal before and will try to emulate what I have seen before. This sure as hell has put my organizational skills to the test!!! All these notes! But we want to learn and grow the very best we possibly can. With that we are starting off with some really good bag seed and a few sprouts that came out a buddies back yard.

Method
*DWC

Room
*reclaimed extra bathroom closet...split in to 2 chambers, upper for veg and lower for flower

Supplies
*Multiple 3 gal buckets with 6" net pot lids
*3" net pots
*Air pump w/4 outlets with 30' of tubing and large air stones
*Rockwool slab
*20 ltr of Hydroton
*4" exhaust fan
*Seedling heating pad
*Humidity dome and various trays and such
*2 Temp/humidity gauges
*Hanna ph/tcp/ppm handheld meter
Nutrition
*Technaflora starter kit

Lighting
*200w Feliz CFL with Pro-Wing reflector for veg' duties
*180w LED for flowering duties
*50' Sunfilm Ultra on walls
*Light yo-yos

Around Jan. 12th or so I germinated several bag seeds, once sprouted they were placed in rockwool... also a buddy had some plants that had sprouted in his back yard somehow! Uh-hmmmmm.... must have been from a session!?! Those were planted on rw as well.
I started taking pictures around the 21-22nd and have tried to somewhat keep up with things since. I promise I will hone it down with experience and more reading.
This first picture was taken about a week ago...I only have an iphone for a camera, please be kind! lol You can see the babies in the back. The larger ones obviously are the ones taken from the yard.
IMG_23053.JPG

One of the babies about a week ago...
IMG_22911.JPG

And the same plant on the 23rd...(I FIMmed this one with poor results on my end)....
IMG_2334.JPG

This is after I had FIMed it incorrectly... see where the leaves are messed up?
IMG_23582.JPG

Not sure if it is too soon but...... LST
IMG_23532.JPG

...and a pic of it's new roots, this was a seedling that was growing in the yard unattended...it had a really long scraggly ass root that I had cut off and this is the new growth...
IMG_23561.JPG

January 27th: Misted, topped water level and H2O2 was added (30ml per gal). Plants look good to me except where I messed up the leaves trying to FIM (live and learn). I pulled the buckets and wrote the numbers down before topping off and putting back away, here they are...... before the fresh water and nutes, and then afterward I took measurements/adjusted again...

Bucket with 4 plants:
PH 6.02
PPM 898
Temp 77.3*

AFTER
PH 5.65
PPM 1603

Bucket with 2 plants:
PH 6.10
PPM 1038
Temp 77.3*

AFTER
PH 5.80
PPM 1708

Bucket with single plant 6" net only:
PH 6.19
PPM 1012
Temp 76.1*

AFTER
PH 5.63
PPM 1620

Bucket 3" net placed in 6":
PH 6.17
PPM 930
Temp 76.3

AFTER
PH 5.63
PPM 1673

So does everything look ok so far!?

Eh screw it, I will just keep my journal over here since it is DWC regardless of lighting. I will say that i did not start this grow with the strictest standards, didn't write down the exact day I started, etc..... just kinda' jumped in head first... sink or swim.
So a bit of cut and paste and hope I didn't violate any rules I might have read but have forgotten regarding posting. Onward....

(Copied from LED forum)
I have never done a journal before and will try to emulate what I have seen before. This sure as hell has put my organizational skills to the test!!! All these notes! But we want to learn and grow the very best we possibly can. With that we are starting off with some really good bag seed and a few sprouts that came out a buddies back yard.

Method
*DWC

Room
*reclaimed extra bathroom closet...split in to 2 chambers, upper for veg and lower for flower

Supplies
*Multiple 3 gal buckets with 6" net pot lids
*3" net pots
*Air pump w/4 outlets with 30' of tubing and large air stones
*Rockwool slab
*20 ltr of Hydroton
*4" exhaust fan
*Seedling heating pad
*Humidity dome and various trays and such
*2 Temp/humidity gauges
*Hanna ph/tcp/ppm handheld meter
Nutrition
*Technaflora starter kit

Lighting
*200w Feliz CFL with Pro-Wing reflector for veg' duties
*180w LED for flowering duties
*50' Sunfilm Ultra on walls
*Light yo-yos

Around Jan. 12th or so I germinated several bag seeds, once sprouted they were placed in rockwool... also a buddy had some plants that had sprouted in his back yard somehow! Uh-hmmmmm.... must have been from a session!?! Those were planted on rw as well.
I started taking pictures around the 21-22nd and have tried to somewhat keep up with things since. I promise I will hone it down with experience and more reading.
This first picture was taken about a week ago...I only have an iphone for a camera, please be kind! lol You can see the babies in the back. The larger ones obviously are the ones taken from the yard.
IMG_23053.JPG
Great little setup you have going DIY is the best way to save, keep up the good work.

:nicethread:Doctor Who

Back
Top Bottom