Northern Lights: Already In Progress

Thanks @MrX They are solid nugs and the ones in pic there will put the heaviest smokers to sleep or a deep state of relaxation within 10 mins.

Thanks for stopping by. I really like your journal and really interested in your pollen chucks.
great to see people growing those golden oldies like Northern Lights & Skunk #1, i remember when they hit the scene here in Australia about 1980, Those 2 types revolutionized growing here and im sure most of the world, before those 2 most people who were 'not in the know' were left to grow mainly B grade sativa's that took 4-5mths to flower alone, if you were 'connected' during the 70's here you could get lucky scoring some seeds out of a bag of Durban Poison or from a Thai Stick, if you were a backwoods & not 'connected' person like myself you missed out on the Durban & Thai altogether, there was a strain here in Australia called Mullumbimby Madness that had quite the rep during 1970's, being not connected i missed out on that too, regardless here we are with pretty much anything we desire at the touch of a mouse click...thats why im going bezerk with these pollen chucks, having been denied for so many years of top genetics...kid in the candy shop syndrome hehehe

So disappointing, just like mom of course the buds look great going into dry room but after even 1 week outta the 2 in the room and the buds just disappear or dissolve.

Actually talking to breeder that seeds come from and found out this pheno has been bred now for years, longer than 10 years. So it is no wonder the buds don't develop the genetics are just too old. It was nice to smoke an oldie and she still tastes good but she's just old.

20191206_201456.jpg

Just a pic to show how we are doing. I am gonna give one more a haircut leaving the far left one to flower another week.

They were in week 7 from flip. Whats your trics look like. I got a fair bit of amber on the top buds ( the ones dirdctly under light ). I am goona cut those tonight and let lower buds have a chance. I'm going to jump over and check your journal.

Yep a week longer for sure, if not a bit longer. If I were you though, I’d just check every three days until you notice a couple amber, then check daily, till your happy with the amount of amber and as close to 30% as you can get it. Or how ever desired amount your looking for! :thumb:

hope the bug isn’t an issue on its own!:nervous-guy:

Ya I see lots of clear.
Yep a week longer for sure, if not a bit longer.

I was having trouble finding a good consistent place to scope trichs, until I looked on the underside of a sugar leaf... good lord it's the mother lode! lol

1209190251b.jpg

1209190250.jpg

Thank you both for your help, it means a lot!

Just a rule of thumb, when looking at your trichs for how far along they are. Always look at the calyx’s of the plant, (Main colas). Sugar leaves will ripen faster then the colas them selves, giving you an improper trich test.

great photo man!

Thank you both for your help, it means a lot!
Your most certainly welcome brotha! :passitleft:

UPDATE :

First top cola's came out of two weeks in drying room.

Buds are small but dense and sticky. Actually better than expected. Going to burp for a few days now.

20191210_191315.jpg20191210_191351.jpg20191210_191402.jpg

Back
Top Bottom