Northern Lights: Already In Progress

Thanks @roaring lion i don't know if you noticed but in my new journal pics you can see the lion tray I got (well barely see, i willtake a better pic). Thought of you when I picked design. :passitleft:

Oh man thanks for that. Perfect morning tune. You can see an edge of tray in my brand new journal CREAM but here is full view. 20191011_083335.jpg

Now i gotta pull out old Bob Marley

OUTDOOR HARVEST UPDATE : Oct 11 2019

IMG_9726 (2).JPG

Last morning coffee with Northern Lights Mother plant, Have become quite attached as there was lots of ups and downs in our relationship. Many hardships and many great mornings. Gave up on her twice and only for the counselling from some great :420: members we made it to today.

IMG_9727.JPG

She lost a bit of weight in bouts with mold and was stunted since up-potting due to over compacted soil. ( I was told here use this it's great won't have to add nutrients..lesson learned ). Feel terrible about this as she had huge potential and it was all wasted on just trying to get enough nutrients out of soil and just trying to get through it.

IMG_9728.JPG

The very first clone taken from her. same issues as mother exactly.

IMG_9729 (2).JPG

After customary last haircut before going on to...

IMG_9732.JPG

chopping block.

IMG_9733 (2).JPG

Clone after last haircut.

There was a ton of trim taken from the girls and two of us spent a good hour plus enjoying the beautiful day plucking leaves from the two plants. In the end we had four trays ( 10" pot trays ) full of trim and 1/2 gram of finger hash (super smooth potent hash gone already) :hookah:

And finally in the brand new dry room built specially for her.

IMG_9734 (2).JPG

Ok if you hold your head at a 22.5 degree angle and squint your eyes you can see, everything is perfectly level. :lot-o-toke:
Red Green would be proud project completed and tuck tape left over for next one :thumb:. I can move the rails and remove them and hag the rack. With the addition of a small fan and de-humidifier the humidity is perfect. The only issue is I have to manually switch out from plugging in the exhaust fan or the room fan so the exhaust fan does not get used and the whole house smells great ( wife doesn't agree) It's only 6 days.

All in all happy with harvest was a great day.

INDOOR UPDATE : Oct 12 2019

IMG_9735 (2).JPGIMG_9736 (2).JPG

- Watered 3.5 L ph'd well water
- was going to do more training but decided not to at last minute, thought I would let them grow

My wife's the same way. I think it smells fine, her......not so much. Great looking plants! I look forward to seeing what the dry weight is.

INDOOR UPDATE : Oct 13 2019

IMG_9763 (2).JPG

- Moved into new home and loving life. The plants really responded quickly to the new Mars-Hydro TSL2000.

ADVENTURES IN LARF>>>>>

OUTDOOR HARVEST UPDATE : Oct 16 2019

Clone

15.25 g - good buds
14.5 g - popcorn buds

Total Weight 29.75 g

Mother

49.25 g - good buds
49.75 g - popcorn buds

1 ton larf ( ok I might be exaggerating a bit )

0.75 g Finger Hash

It was shocking and very disappointing as far as weight is concerned; However, the smell is incredible and the buds are very, very sticky. So should produce some incredible smoke after awhile burping.

On a good note the drying room is working perfectly. I'm going to setup a couple auto cure buckets as at beginning of indoor grow I purchased a case of large mason jars for burping and storage however those are full and the buckets seem the way to go. The buckets are a design of Derek Gilman of Green Flower. The outlined design can be found on YouTube I never checked WeedTube but might be there also.

INDOOR UPDATE : Oct 16 2019

Flip day 12/12 light schedule after 20 hours of darkness.

LOL the plan was 48 hours but I missed my girls too much.

It looks like they liked the darkness.

First ever net installed just below bud canopy level and they are almost there. Need to get them spread out and thinned out

UPDATE : Oct 19 2019

Here is view of the whole tent.

Brewing up some tea for upcoming watering.
3 tbsp. molasses added to well water
in brew bag
2 cups worm castings
3 tsp GG PB 2-8-4
1 tsp GG AP 4-4-4
1/2 tsp RAW Potassium 0-0-50

Hang bag in water and let brew for 24hrs should have a nice froth on top

There was more I would have added but not on shelf yet.

The buckets are a design of Derek Gilman of Green Flower.

Oh this design makes me giddy, brilliant! :)

Screenshot_1.jpg

I would make two changes that IMO are improvements...

#1 - add a wire grid an inch or so off the bottom of each bucket

#2 - make sure there is a little room above each bucket, then every couple days pick it up and give a tiny and very brief shake

These steps will help dispersion and eliminate any dominant air flows.

This idea is perm filed away in case I ever grow higher volume!

UPDATE : Nov 2 2019

Watering when dry, being working on PH in soil along with finishing off the grow room ( getting ready for winter )

I have been leveling off canopy and keeping buds level with net which is now finished no more training just some leaf removal when necessary.

All looks healthy and happy.

Cheers :passitleft:

GDP HARVEST UPDATE : Sept 30 2019

- Total weight 100.24 g

- Finger Hash 0.26 g
- Top cola was 4.59 g

IMG_9673_2.jpg

- buds are not as good of quality as the Sour Diesel but the are still good
- along with the best buds pictured above there was a jar (oz) of popcorn buds and a jar of good buds

IMG_9674_2.jpg

IMG_9675.JPGIMG_9676.JPGIMG_9677.JPGIMG_9678.JPG
great looking bud there, used to have a nice NL cross years ago but ran out of those seeds about 7yrs ago, was nice to have a solid early finisher which was robust & quality!

Thanks @MrX They are solid nugs and the ones in pic there will put the heaviest smokers to sleep or a deep state of relaxation within 10 mins.

Thanks for stopping by. I really like your journal and really interested in your pollen chucks.

Back
Top Bottom