Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

Awesome! Congrat's OG! :yahoo:

Harvest reps to ya. :party:

Awesome! Congrat's OG! :yahoo:

Harvest reps to ya. :party:
Thank you kind sir. :circle-of-love:

I've been ambivalent about bud washing, but seeing the photos I now feel like I should be doing it. Thanks OG.
Before you go washing your buds I suggest you read my follow up, I just emptied both containers I used for doing the washes. Unless baking soda and lemon juice creates a sticky goo I do believe that some of the trichomes were removed. There is a sticky residue on the bottom of both pails. I will post photos as soon as it finishes air drying.
Ahh see there those washed buds are stop just as frosty as can be! And free from any dead spider mites or accidental stray hairs etc etc. The blind test will be cool!
While they do appear to still be quiet frosty, trichomes did come off, there is no doubt in my mind, now just to figure out how much came off. As soon as both pails dry I will scrape the bottoms and see what comes off.

Also I ran down and picked up a scale and got a combined wet weight on all three plants of 2036 grams I am going on the assumption that after drying and trimming the buds down I should finish up with around 14 and 1/3 oz using the 20 % rule. So if I end up with 12 oz I will be a happy camper and anything above that will be a big plus.

That would be a great yield man, I was thinking it was closer to 25% with the stems already removed. What size pots were you in again?

As for washing there is no doubt that some trichs come off but in my experience it's negligible , maybe 1 or 2 percent. Hope you find the same!

Before you go washing your buds I suggest you read my follow up, I just emptied both containers I used for doing the washes. Unless baking soda and lemon juice creates a sticky goo I do believe that some of the trichomes were removed. There is a sticky residue on the bottom of both pails. I will post photos as soon as it finishes air drying.

While they do appear to still be quiet frosty, trichomes did come off, there is no doubt in my mind, now just to figure out how much came off. As soon as both pails dry I will scrape the bottoms and see what comes off.

Really curious to see the photos of this, had been considering attempting bud washing after seeing some nice results around.
Congratulations on making the chop.

To be honest I really do not know what causes it, when I was in my 40's my hands were as steady as a rock, but now i do not have control over them like I use to. My family has been plagued with health issues, I have 2 sisters with MS, I lost 14 inches of my lower intestine back in 2006. Not the best of luck I would say.

I scratched her because I read an article that when the plant is near the end of its life, and insects or animals start eating on the plant, the plant will increase Trichome production to protect the flowers. The insects get stuck on the trichomes. It sounds logical but only time will tell for sure. The reason you do it right at the very end is because you risk having her turn hermie but since they do not turn instantaneous you can do it the last week of life and chop her before she has a chance to pollenate.

As for the bud building, I believe it is not to fatten the buds but to make them more dense. I may be mistaken on that point but that is what I took from what I read about it. The buds are dense, though I have only tested a few since squeezing them does knock trichomes off but the ones I did do were very dense.

I think the only way you can truly know if the bud washing actually improves the smoke is to do a blind smoke test. If you test it yourself, you know which bud is washed and which is not, so you can not be considered a fair and impartial subject. If it does actually work, then my brother and my neighbor should have no issues picking the washed buds, but only I will know which are which.

Thanks for being a friend Mello :circle-of-love:
sorry for the long winded response.

Wow, I had no idea OG. I hope your feeling better buddy. As for the scratching, didn't the damn mites take care of that for ya? I like long winded response because they allow for meaningful convo. By no means do I know what your going through but I wish you the best of luck and I hope to keeping hearing your kind words and wisdom sharing around here. 50 more to go am I right!?!?

Snipers will take a dose of hydrocodone before a mission to slow respiration and ease any shaking.....or so I've been told.

Those make me extremely sick.

That will come in very handy to know next time I get spider mites and go all "Rambud" on them. I can get out the gilly suit and pick them off without them even seeing me coming.:Namaste:

:rofl::rofl: This should happen when I'm stoned and watching, please oh please don't forget me.

hqdefault.jpg

...and here you live in one of the great micro-brew states.
:surrender: to the beer borg collective :drool:

Interesting you had 14" removed. So did I in 2005. Then I got to go back and have it done all over again. :whoa: :thedoubletake:

Best of luck riding out the storm. Glad things are looking better today. We actually have some sun and blue sky at the moment. More rain on the way, however.

I cant imagine what you guys are going through. Good luck Pita. :passitleft:

OG have you ever drank apple cider vinegar? Its pretty aweful at first but it's supposed to be magical. I do feel a difference in allergy and sinus problems from drinking it but it is also supposed to remedy shaky hands, sore joints, good for skin and blemishes, and a whole list of things. If 90% of it is bs it's worth while for the other 10%. I drink one ounce mixed with about 6 ounces of cold water and chug it down every Morning when I wake up. If nothing else u are wide awake after it lol

My sister in law tried ACV and it almost killed her. I don't know why but now I fear it lol :rofl::passitleft:

I is quiet possible, since the plant will obviously do better if conditions are ideal for the plant. I just have never heard that one before, but then again there are many things I have not yet heard about.
Spider mites are quick multipliers, when my brothers wife had to go in for brain surgery, he was not able to check on his garden for almost a week. When he did look inside, the webs were everywhere. That is why it is so important to catch them early before they can start multiplying.

Gawd no staggered chopping for me, I want this done and drying, my grow #2 is already out of control, they need to be flipped the sooner the better.

How is the jungle doing?

sorry for the long post OG been busy with school and all but I wanted to catch up on the journal and make up for the lost time bud! Great work and as always :Namaste:

Before I start this update I wanted to thank everyone for the support that they gave me over the course of this grow, and let who ever nominated me for MoTM, thank you kindly, it is truly an honor to have anyone think that highly of me. I am competing with some of 420's finest and I know that each and every one who was nominated is deserving.:thanks:

Everything is chopped and washed and I began to trim but something more pressing has come up so I will be drying what I have as is, and will deal with the trimming at another time. I am hoping to get grow #2 into the tent no later then tomorrow at which time I will most likely flip them to 12/12 since I am so far behind schedule as it is. With the holidays fast approaching, and responsibilities to other things in my life that must be addressed I will have to let the garden play by ear and see how it goes.
While there were obviously trichomes t the bottoms of both pails, after scraping the bottoms, the amount is pretty insignificant. I would guess that you will loose that much just from handling your buds as you are chopping and trimming.

so here is where I am at presently,

DSC_16091.jpg
DSC_16101.jpg
DSC_16111.jpg
DSC_16151.jpg
DSC_16123.jpg
DSC_16162.jpg
DSC_16182.jpg
DSC_16273.jpg
DSC_1626.jpg

Here is one of the root masses from one of the plants, I still have more to do before moving grow #2 into the tent and flipping the lights to 12/12
DSC_16311.jpg

I apologize for not being more thorough with the trim and updates but life has dealt me a hand I have to play, and I am not holding very good cards.

Hope everyone has a great day, and your gardens are always green.:green_heart:

OG finally finished your first legal grow!!! Congrats. I think the trim was done pretty good. A few here and there but nothing to bad. The entire jungle is getting moved over to flower?

OG I pray that whatever hand you are dealt that you end up trading to a straight flush. May your close future be smooth and panic free and may it all end up easy peasy and without stress. Hang in there man, it gets better.
I would trade everything if only I could be dealt a straight flush right now

Awesome journal!! I can only hope I am 1/2 as successful as you.
No need to shoot for 1/2, I have faith in you and the 420 community, we want everyone to succeed.

OG finally finished your first legal grow!!! Congrats. I think the trim was done pretty good. A few here and there but nothing to bad. The entire jungle is getting moved over to flower?
No I do not have near enough lights to move them all in. Though once the #2 grow is out of the veg tent, it will make training #3 much more doable so I do not end up with a cluster F like this next grow will be.

Congrats on your nomination for MOTM OG. It's a weird feeling isn't it? You deserve it my friend. Best of luck in the race
It really is a weird feeling. So is it the weird feeling I deserve or the nomination :rofl: it appears I got both :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm with you on that one, would be great if life worked like that.

Positive thoughts your way OG wishing you all the best.

And good luck for MotM! :bravo:

Thank you for the positive thoughts TN I will need them.
As for the MoTM I am thrilled to be nominated, and feel privileged to be on the same list with the others who were nominated, each and everyone of them is a winner in my books. They have set the standard and I strive to be like each and every one of them.

Before I start this update I wanted to thank everyone for the support that they gave me over the course of this grow, and let who ever nominated me for MoTM, thank you kindly, it is truly an honor to have anyone think that highly of me. I am competing with some of 420's finest and I know that each and every one who was nominated is deserving.:thanks:

Everything is chopped and washed and I began to trim but something more pressing has come up so I will be drying what I have as is, and will deal with the trimming at another time. I am hoping to get grow #2 into the tent no later then tomorrow at which time I will most likely flip them to 12/12 since I am so far behind schedule as it is. With the holidays fast approaching, and responsibilities to other things in my life that must be addressed I will have to let the garden play by ear and see how it goes.
While there were obviously trichomes t the bottoms of both pails, after scraping the bottoms, the amount is pretty insignificant. I would guess that you will loose that much just from handling your buds as you are chopping and trimming.

so here is where I am at presently,

DSC_16091.jpg
DSC_16101.jpg
DSC_16111.jpg
DSC_16151.jpg
DSC_16123.jpg
DSC_16162.jpg
DSC_16182.jpg
DSC_16273.jpg
DSC_1626.jpg

Here is one of the root masses from one of the plants, I still have more to do before moving grow #2 into the tent and flipping the lights to 12/12
DSC_16311.jpg

I apologize for not being more thorough with the trim and updates but life has dealt me a hand I have to play, and I am not holding very good cards.

Hope everyone has a great day, and your gardens are always green.:green_heart:
Awesome job on the harvest. I know it's a lot of work to make it through a grow to the end. You crushed it.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Your finished produce looks great! I wish you and yours smooth sailing this holiday season and green gardens in 2016. :Namaste:

I see. How will you be training #3? Since they are so big, I'd say start topping in order to start #4 with a set of clones. After the topping tie some of the taller branches to your desired height. Get them to bush out some. Are you scrogging again? I can't believe you finally finished!! How'd ya feel? Doing it legal and all.

Back
Top Bottom