Getting Ready To Start My First Attempt At Growing

mb5200

Hello,

I am getting ready to start my first attempt at growing a couple plants for medical purposes.
I have zero experience growing and would like the help from you great people to help make it a success.

This is what I have so far,

I have a 27"x27"x63" tent in a 6'x5' room (can't use the entire room)
1- 600watt LED light with veg/flower setting
Purple Kush and Azure Haze seeds
Organic soil, no nutes

Things I'm working on,

Ventilation - not sure if I should vent outside of the room or not.

Quantity - I'm thinking that with these strains I should only try one of each for the size of tent I have

I have been planning/saving this for months now as I can't afford my prescription and would like to start by the end of next week.

I have read so much in the last few months my brain is on overload and figured a journal might be my best bet.

I look forward to this adventure and everyones input.

Fellow noob. Congrats on the big start!

I'm not much help but I think venting outside would be the way to go as far as smell. For stealth I guess it would depend on filtration and who/what would be outside, haha.

Thanks guy's, all input is very welcome.

Went to Canadian Tire today today to grab a digital timer and they had a pallet of Organic Pro-Mix sitting by the door, $2 a bag (reg $8) so I bought a dozen bags. I am going to do a quick search for using this as my medium but would appreciate any experience/thoughts that you might have.

Hey there, fellow Canuck! LOVE those strains :)

I'm doing my first grow in coco coir, so don't have a huge amount of experience but I'm here to learn and to help if I can!

Yeah, I hear you about doing tons of reading but needing to make a start. Sometimes you just have to plunge in.

From what I can see online, if your soil is the Pro mix organic vegetable and herb stuff, it looks pretty good as a base: no slow release ferts. You got if for an excellent price, too!

27x27 is about the size of my bathroom shower stall which I used for the earlier part of my two plant grow -- and I wouldn't try to fit any more plants than that in that space, myself :)

:welcome:

Well its taken a little longer to set up then I thought. It's very hard to find supplies in this small town.
I had to order all my PH tester and ventilation/scrubber online and should be here mid next week

I put one of each seed in water this afternoon and I just checked on them to make sure they are not too warm and they both have cracked already so I will be putting them in paper towel in the morning.

G'morning! Just a heads up, I feel that directly to paper towel for germ gives you the best germ rate. I killed 4 seeds doing the whole sinking seeds in a cup of water and then transferring to paper towel.

Germinated fine and now have them in soil
image34954.jpg

As far as nutrients go there are a ton of options, mb. It would be nice to see the package your soil came in. There is an organic soil out there called Pro Mix that should not be confused with the stuff made by Premier Tech (a sponsor here.) You can click this link and see if your soil is one of these.

Growing Media, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Mycorrhizal Inoculants - Product Catalog | PRO-MIX

If it is not, then it is the other stuff that I've seen and it is basically a rough organic off-the shelf potting soil that has a bunch of composed matter in it. Let's see what the medium is before talking about nutes.

As far as venting goes, unless there is a heat issue then there is no reason at all to vent outside the room. If you are running a scrubber there will be no odor.

As far as nutrients go there are a ton of options, mb. It would be nice to see the package your soil came in. There is an organic soil out there called Pro Mix that should not be confused with the stuff made by Premier Tech (a sponsor here.) You can click this link and see if your soil is one of these.

Growing Media, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Mycorrhizal Inoculants - Product Catalog | PRO-MIX

If it is not, then it is the other stuff that I've seen and it is basically a rough organic off-the shelf potting soil that has a bunch of composed matter in it. Let's see what the medium is before talking about nutes.

As far as venting goes, unless there is a heat issue then there is no reason at all to vent outside the room. If you are running a scrubber there will be no odor.

This is the soil I'm using
PRO-MIX Gardening | IT'S ALL BEAUTIFUL

Choices here are very thin

Back
Top Bottom