Josh's First Attempt at a Successful Indoor Grow

I'm surprised how insanely pissed I still am about the situation.

Back in the day, when I only did outdoor, I acquired some seeds from a buddy's father-in-law. First season one was a hermie. Like an idiot I kept growing those seeds, generation after generation. After about 5 years there would be more nanners than calyxes. I tossed those seeds and will do the same with all of the ones I find. 10 per 1/4 isn't too bad.

That A Train originated from my friend that grows a collective medical garden. He was shocked that I had found seeds in the stuff. The only explanation is a hermie. There is, I believe 44 NLB's in the flowering tent, including the two former mothers which are quite large. I don't want any more seeds.

Lights coming on in 5 mins. I will document the killing fields.

Oh yeah, I was planning to dry in the tent. I'm not going to hang pollen laden blankety-blank over the others. So I'm going to have to dry in our bedroom. This is the absolute worse situation for me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Yeah Bro, Sensimilia all the way. No seeds. That's not acceptable on my watch, unless I want seeds. I like clones. My clones. No seeds.

I wanted to take some more pics. My girl, actually, helped out lot's, but she had to crash. We got approximately 1/3 of the A Trains "Red Neck" trimmed. Our entire house reeks. As I mentioned, I planned on hanging the chopped plants in the tent-with the humidity control and carbon filter-in a weeks time.. I had to think on the fly. This it what it be.

Picture_3542.jpg
Picture_355.jpg
Picture_3563.jpg

Upside down bar stools with a couple of 8' bamboo stakes duct taped to the legs. Shit, working.

I tried to take a panoramic pic. I've mentioned the camera.
Picture_3571.jpg

26 plants, I think. Mrs and I rough trimmed half. I have 2 gumball size scrapes of hash off the scissors. Need better scissors.
Picture_3582.jpg
Picture_3591.jpg

2 liter bottle as a size reference. All these were grown in that exact size container.
Picture_360.jpg

Some trimmed, some not. Be careful of the watch kitty.
Picture_3612.jpg
Picture_3622.jpg
Picture_3652.jpg
Picture_3661.jpg
Picture_367.jpg
Picture_3641.jpg

I'm familiar with a handful of "blue" strains. I like Humboldt's 'Blue Dream'. I'd say that is right up there in my top 5 favorites. DJ Short's original Blueberry is what, 40/60 Indica/Sativa? Tastes great and all. Good medicine. I'm thinking of retooling a lot of things for my next journal, getting away from Sativa dominant strains among other things.

Delicious Seed's Northern Light Blue is an awesome strain to grow. It is so fast, super potent, high yielding, resistant to most bad things. You really can't go wrong with a perfectly stabilized cross between Blue Berry and Northern Lights. I recommend because it is Indica Dominate. My personal preference.

! Delicious Northern Light Blue Feminised Seeds - Updated:6th Jun 2013

Northern Light Blue (by Delicious Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

I'm familiar with a handful of "blue" strains. I like Humboldt's 'Blue Dream'. I'd say that is right up there in my top 5 favorites. DJ Short's original Blueberry is what, 40/60 Indica/Sativa? Tastes great and all. Good medicine. I'm thinking of retooling a lot of things for my next journal, getting away from Sativa dominant strains among other things.

Delicious Seed's Northern Light Blue is an awesome strain to grow. It is so fast, super potent, high yielding, resistant to most bad things. You really can't go wrong with a perfectly stabilized cross between Blue Berry and Northern Lights. I recommend because it is Indica Dominate. My personal preference.

! Delicious Northern Light Blue Feminised Seeds - Updated:6th Jun 2013

Northern Light Blue (by Delicious Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

dj short is the stuff, and i had the strawberry blue from delicious seeds it was ("new line blue" X strawberry) smells amazingly sweet and somewhat lemony-sweet and fruity berry smell. i would say ?

SEEDFINDER is pretty cool to explore genetics, gonna play around a bit haha

Sorry to hear about them hermys josh, buds are still frosty as hell though. Good job on cutting them girls down, no need to let them work on their seeds anymore, hoosers... heads up, and goodluck with your next set of girls brotha :Namaste: CA215

Good job, and good cat. Luckily he or she isn't a long hair or you'd be picking up a lot of cat hair!!
Trimming is a lot of work, it's always a mesmerizing experience, but with a little hip and groovy music time flies =)
The buds look good man, I'd not be too worried, it looks like it would get even ME really high, and that's saying alot! :rofl:

I always enjoy the texture, smell, and flavor of fresh buds. Time for the big shrink!

OH PS, that blueberry will do a lot better outside obviously, and blue dream is greattttttttttt pufff mate.

However have you looked into the Purple Kush, man, one bowl of that and I can't feel my face!

My girl and I finally got done trimming. Those plants were pretty difficult-high leaf to calyx ration and a lot of spindly side branches with popcorn. I predict one of these in my future: Amazon: XtremepowerUS X3059 Hydroponic Trimmer Leaf Bud Trim Reaper Pro Dual Speed

1667106622985.png

I did find bananas on a few plants. Good riddance. I have a lot of crystal-laden trim and popcorn buds that are going to be made into hash tomorrow. As promised earlier I will take pictures of that process. I hate guestimating final weight, bud the Mrs. and I are thinking it will be real close to 8 oz's.

Lester, I have a pretty high tolerance myself. I'm sure this stuff would do the trick for ya. I'd never heard of Purple Kush until you posted that pic in your journal. Very nice looking stuff. Do you know which breeder that came from? Looks like there's a clone only strain, one from Jordan of the Islands, a Royal Purple Kush and Purple Kush #1 from Breeder Choice Organization, and a Royal Purple Kush from Emerald Triangle.

Hey mate, glad you found them nanners when you did. Definitely was time to act. Yeah I've seen that auto-trimmer in action and I say it works great, but just a little to rough on the buds if you ask me lol. I may just go with the regular scissor hash routine :)

As for the purple kush, it will be the Emerald Triangle version, it's basically a norcal strain... well known over in Cali!
You got to try it if your looking for a nearly pure indica strain. I've had a lot of buds, and that strain effects me like no other.

Congrats on the harvest bro
Keep Em Green

Sampling some scissor scissor hash at the moment. Pretty strong.

I'd love to try that Purple Kush. That pic was amazing looking. I just don't have anymore room in my veg tent for another mother. I still have to get my cloner in there at some point. But I will try it out with my next bean order. That will be after I cull a mother. I've heard of a lot of bad or non-homogeneous phenotypes with the Holy Grail Kush. It might be here to go. Only time will tell.

I need to get my but to the store to buy ice so that I can start making hash.

So, what I did was take a food grade 5 gallon bucket and fill with approx. 2 gallons of the coldest water out of the tap. I then put our two ice cube trays worth of ice in, along with two of those blue gel lunch box coolers. You want that water as cold as possible. Then I went to the store for a bag of ice.

So, Here's about two gallons of cold water.
Picture_3681.jpg

I use a brand new paint mixing paddle powered by an 18 volt Makita Drill/Screw Gun/Hammer Drill.
Picture_3692.jpg
Picture_3702.jpg
Picture_3741.jpg

Here's around 6 oz's of fairly dry sugar leaf and popcorn trimming. There's a lot of bud in there too.
Picture_3723.jpg
Picture_3712.jpg

I add the trim to the water and about 3 pounds of ice.
Picture_3733.jpg

The trim kinda just stuck to the ice so it looks like there's hardly any ice in there. You mix this on a low setting for a a while. Last time I did it I went through two 18 volt lithium ion batteries. Dry trim this time and better ratios allowed me this time to only use one battery worth. You want to mix it until you see a nice frothy head.
Picture_3751.jpg

Then mix 5 mins longer.

I have a 110 micron classifying screen from Keene Industries (used for gold prospecting). But heah, I already had this and it is a perfect application for it.
Picture_376.jpg

I took and rinsed off the bucket lid and paddle using as little water as possible. Then I poured bucket one into bucket 2 (through the 110 micron strainer). I let that sit for about 5 mins to drain. Next I gently rinsed all the trim-again using as little water as possible. Next I used my hands to press as much water through the screen as possible.

About 3 1/2 gallons of trich laden goodness.
Picture_3771.jpg

Now I have to wait for the foam tho dissipate and the trichs to settle on the bottom. 3 hours at least.

On a side note, that scissor hash is insane! The Kush really comes out of the A Train strain. The exhale changes to a lemon/menthol taste compared to pure pine funk on the inhale. One hit quitter for mere mortals. I've smoked about 2 grams of it in the last few hours and feel it.

I'll take the last of the photos for the Gumby Hash as time unfolds. Lot's of waiting for the process. Going out of town for a mini va-ca tomorrow. Should be starting the cure phase for the A Trains Sunday night.

:peace:

My girl and I finally got done trimming. Those plants were pretty difficult-high leaf to calyx ration and a lot of spindly side branches with popcorn. I predict one of these in my future: Amazon: XtremepowerUS X3059 Hydroponic Trimmer Leaf Bud Trim Reaper Pro Dual Speed

this is the same trimmer i bought. i did a review of it

Trimming machine

It's not that I'm lazy-total polar opposite. I agree, finely manicured buds are prefered.

I'm a medical user. There were two specific accidents that I was involved in-neither my fault what so ever; that I was told I'd never walk again. Years later and Rheumatoid Arthritis kicking in; it's time to work smarter. Personal use and all-I use everything for one use or another.

Last time I looked there was still some froth on the top of Gumby Hash bucket. I have a lot of shit to do at the moment and don't have time to address that. But it will be fine.

Took some pics during the water chores.
Picture_3781.jpg
Picture_3792.jpg

With the A Trains chopped, there's more room to keep things under control in the flowering tent.

I tried for a few hours to get some more plant pictures like those two above of the NLB. No luck. POS camera is hit or miss.

After the trichs settled in that bucket I had my girl siphon out as much of the water without disturbing the sediment. Then I transferred the slurry to mason jars.
Picture_3922.jpg
Picture_3942.jpg

After letting everything settle for a few more hours I used a turkey baster to remove more water. I messed up when I woke up by disturbing the sediment on the bottom. I should have been able to transfer the contents to a wax paper lined bowl to dry. That will have to wait until I return tomorrow.
:Namaste:

So, what I did was take a food grade 5 gallon bucket and fill with approx. 2 gallons of the coldest water out of the tap. I then put our two ice cube trays worth of ice in, along with two of those blue gel lunch box coolers. You want that water as cold as possible. Then I went to the store for a bag of ice.

So, Here's about two gallons of cold water.
Picture_3681.jpg

I use a brand new paint mixing paddle powered by an 18 volt Makita Drill/Screw Gun/Hammer Drill.
Picture_3692.jpg
Picture_3702.jpg
Picture_3741.jpg

Here's around 6 oz's of fairly dry sugar leaf and popcorn trimming. There's a lot of bud in there too.
Picture_3723.jpg
Picture_3712.jpg

I add the trim to the water and about 3 pounds of ice.
Picture_3733.jpg

The trim kinda just stuck to the ice so it looks like there's hardly any ice in there. You mix this on a low setting for a a while. Last time I did it I went through two 18 volt lithium ion batteries. Dry trim this time and better ratios allowed me this time to only use one battery worth. You want to mix it until you see a nice frothy head.
Picture_3751.jpg

Then mix 5 mins longer.

I have a 110 micron classifying screen from Keene Industries (used for gold prospecting). But heah, I already had this and it is a perfect application for it.
Picture_376.jpg

I took and rinsed off the bucket lid and paddle using as little water as possible. Then I poured bucket one into bucket 2 (through the 110 micron strainer). I let that sit for about 5 mins to drain. Next I gently rinsed all the trim-again using as little water as possible. Next I used my hands to press as much water through the screen as possible.

About 3 1/2 gallons of trich laden goodness.
Picture_3771.jpg

Now I have to wait for the foam tho dissipate and the trichs to settle on the bottom. 3 hours at least.

On a side note, that scissor hash is insane! The Kush really comes out of the A Train strain. The exhale changes to a lemon/menthol taste compared to pure pine funk on the inhale. One hit quitter for mere mortals. I've smoked about 2 grams of it in the last few hours and feel it.

I'll take the last of the photos for the Gumby Hash as time unfolds. Lot's of waiting for the process. Going out of town for a mini va-ca tomorrow. Should be starting the cure phase for the A Trains Sunday night.

:peace:

hey your old school cool stuff !

love this type of hash and love to see it.

nice plants and the NLB is purple-ing UP ! too bad . :reading420magazine: plus reps for nice plants

Back
Top Bottom