Picture_2772.jpg
Picture_2742.jpg
Picture_2833.jpg
Picture_2791.jpg
Picture_2762.jpg
Picture_281.jpg
Picture_2751.jpg
Picture_2781.jpg

Not much I can do about that now. Just a weird pheno.

The technique is Hempy Sea of Green-Take a well rooted clone and plant it in a 2 liter with a mix of 25% vermiculite and 75% perlite. You don't put holes in the bottom of the 2 liter, but on the side where the label ends. This creates a reservoir-passive hydroponics. A typical plant grown this way will grow to around 24-30" and yield around 10-15 grams dried.You can pack 4 plants like this a square foot.

I have no Idea why those A Trains are 1-taking so long and 2-so tall. I did everything by the book, followed the feeding charts, plenty of light per sq ft (and the light was close). The first NLB clones have stopped stretching around 22" or so and are going to be just what I was aiming for.

Hempy SOG technique has been around for a while. It was documented in High Times in the early 80's. There are quite a few grows on this forum using it. Those A Trains are some sort of freak phenotype or something.

Plants in smaller pots WILL stretch a lot more than in bigger pots. It's weird, but it happens every time. Also next time try keeping the light closer to the plants not close enough to fry or stress but close enough to where the girls dont want to stretch as much.

For any Sea of Green grow to work properly, the plants should be Indica dominate. I.E. pre-dispositioned to form a large, central cola bud with minimal side branching. Pack the plants in tight, crowd them, reiterates that.

I did not invent Sea of Green. Nor did I invent Hempy Pots. It works, though.

2 Liter Hempy SOG

That's an older journal, but the exact same premise.

I realize the A Trains, if that is what they really are, are abnormal. I got that. Everything I have done is well documented.

Picture_2861.jpg
Picture_2833.jpg
Picture_2825.jpg
Picture_2851.jpg
Picture_2834.jpg
Picture_2903.jpg
Picture_2873.jpg
Picture_2882.jpg
Picture_2824.jpg

This strain is a clone only version of Trainwreck x Mazar Zharife. Spelling is off but the Mazar is just an Afghan hash plant.

It looks like it is working. I can't complain other than the length of the flowering. I have four NLB's that are about three weeks away. So yeah.
Picture_2731.jpg

:Namaste:

Starting to swell and put on some weight; finally.

Picture_2936.jpg
Picture_309.jpg

I'm liking the NLB strain more and more. Haven't sampled it yet but it is FAST. Here's a couple pics of them.

Picture_3081.jpg
Picture_3153.jpg
Picture_3164.jpg
Picture_3071.jpg
Picture_3002.jpg

I think that first one is the mother NLB that is hanging in veg, waiting for clones to be taken. There's a couple shots there of the two NLB 'former' mothers that I put in the flowering tent.

The next additions to my mothers look promising.

Picture_3172.jpg

I did take a small sample tonight. Just clipped a lower branch that would have yielded a bit more than 1/8th. In a couple days it should be decent enough for a sample.

I received that scope yesterday. Another case of getting what you pay for. It works for its intended purpose, barely. It is pretty hard to get a clear field of view, let alone take a picture through.

Picture_3183.jpg
Picture_3192.jpg
Picture_3202.jpg
Picture_3213.jpg
Picture_3221.jpg

I took a look at a few of the ATrains with it. Just as suspected, going to need some more time.

I'm considering entering the plant of the month contest. I think I have a chance. What do you guys think?

I took a few pics of a double stalked clone. I think it's pretty nice looking.

Picture_3232.jpg
Picture_3242.jpg
Picture_3252.jpg
Picture_3261.jpg
Picture_3271.jpg

Those A Trains are really putting out a strong lemon-funk smell. My carbon filter is about the same size as the filter in a ShopVac. It isn't keeping up. Been running the exhaust 24/7 on half speed. I think I'm going to build a plywood box with one side taking one of those 3M carbon filters. I'll run the already "odorless" exhaust through that. Might help, might not. It will be cheaper than buying another pre-fabbed filter.

:peace:

Just checked on the plants. Looks like a "decent" average on trichs would be 50% cloudy, 45% clear, and the rest amber. Should be able to start flushing.

I also took a ton of pics, trying to get a couple to enter into the plant of the month competition. My camera sucks. My girl's is way newer with 16 megapixels. It still sucks. Any input?

Picture_3302.jpg
Picture_3344.jpg

Looking kind of dense and stacked, still need better photo to compete in NOTM, shits competitive let me tell you!!
Either way looks pretty ripe, but I prefer mine cloudy, I've found that they can still amber up in the cure.

:popcorn:

I went ahead and entered those two pics last night in the plant of the month contest. I'm thinking I should have tried to get some better pics. That plant, put in 12/12 straight out of the cloner and grown Hempy SOG in a 2 liter is going to yield around an ounce and a half of medicine. Even if I don't win the contest, and I'm not expecting to, I'm still proud of that girl.

I would like to win that contest, though. Not for the glory or bragging rights, none of that. I just want one of those budder machines that is a prize. That thing looks so amazing. I would really like to own one but is above my current budget. I'll have one someday. Just thought it'd be kind of a cool way to get one.

Smoke Report:

I tried for a while, using two different cameras, and could not get a picture that I was happy with. My apologies. I'm thinking it's time for a new camera.

I believe it was four days ago that I took a small lower branch off one of the A Trains. The next night I accidently broke a side branch on one of the oldest NLB's. They are now dried and smokable, albeit not cured.

I tried the NLB first as I haven't had it before. The medical delivery device was a glass pipe. Even though this plant's trichs are still clear, the sample was very sticky with a very slight fruity smell. The taste was very clean, not harsh at all. On the exhale I notice a fairly pronounced blueberry flavor. On a scale of 1-10, I would give this a solid 9.

Next up was the A Train. It's the same stuff I've had before. Fruity-funky taste and smell. I still think it's like a cross between Juicy Fruit gum and cheese. My girl describes the funk as menthol. I don't pick that up in the least, but it is in the strain description. It is very good, top shelf stuff. Couple with the genetics and being rather a pain to grow, from 1-10, I'd give the A Train around an 8.4. Once it's cured, I may decide to bump that up a tad.

I also want to mention that neither of these plants have been flushed. They've actually been getting about 120% of the recommended nutrient rations. 420fied doesn't flush his plants and he's a god when it comes to this style of growing. Even so, I'm going to flush. Started last night on the A Trains. Lights aren't on yet, but I'm thinking next weekend I'll at least be cutting tops.

I'm medicated. May put some pics up later.

:loopy:

Yeah, I'm really liking the Northern Light Blue.

I had to retie the new mama's. They are coming along very well. THC Bomb is the largest. All are responding nicely to the LST. As always, wish my camera was better.

Holy Grail Kush
Picture_3374.jpg

Afghan Kush
Picture_3384.jpg

THC Bomb
Picture_3393.jpg

NLB popcorn sample
Picture_3352.jpg

A Train popcorn sample
Picture_3362.jpg

NLB that sample was accidently taken. She had many strong lateral branches. Last night I removed them for more scientific research purposes.
Picture_3402.jpg
Picture_3422.jpg
Picture_3413.jpg

Just a random A Train I took out of the tent for a photo-op
Picture_3451.jpg
Picture_3442.jpg
Picture_3432.jpg

I don't have enough room in the basement to get far enough back from the flowering tent to get a decent picture. I tried anyways.
Picture_3462.jpg
Picture_3472.jpg
Picture_3481.jpg
Picture_3492.jpg

Monday is payday. I need to purchase some better scissors for the upcoming chop. Other than that, everything seems to be going well with the grow.

I can't recall the last time I've been this mad.

Around 1/4 oz popcorn from one NLB
Picture_3511.jpg

What? Looks mangled you say? That's what happens when you make bud that contains these.
Picture_3522.jpg

The no good A Trains have a hermie in there someplace. They will all be chopped tonight. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Back
Top Bottom