Josh's First Attempt at a Successful Indoor Grow

Back home. A Trains still need a little bit before they can be cured. I de-stemmed the bud on a couple of plants. Looks like the largest is weighing in at 25 grams "dry" That's nearly an ounce out of one 2 Liter container. But as I said, that was the one that appeared to be the largest. I think 15 grams or a tad more would be the average. I'm going to grade and weigh the best for the tally. Not very scientific as far as yields and averages go.

I grabbed a sample bud. Darn camera. This bud was around a gram-two bowls worth. Just couldn't get a good focus zoomed in any tighter.
Picture_4051.jpg

Very nice tasting. Also not as many seeds as I was worried about.

Another day or so and the hash will be ready. Not as much as the last time I did it, but better quality-blond looking. I think I should have used more ice. Oh well.
Picture_4041.jpg

Just got taking some more clones for the next journal.
Picture_4061.jpg

I didn't count, but there's something like 5 THC Bombs, 2 Afghan Kush, and 4 Holy Grail Kush. Things are going to be a little different in my next journal, mainly for ease of maintenance and wear and tear on my body. So These clones are pretty big. I have at least two sets of nodes for each cutting under the collar. I wanted to take as many clones as I could from each plant, but because of the size of the clones and age of the plant, that's all I could get. That's fine. That number will work well for what I have planned.

I didn't take any NLB clones this time because the flowering tent is already full of that strain. They should produce enough to last until these clones are harvested. I never thought I'd say this, but it's getting to the point where I almost have too much medicine. What a problem to have.

I just took a peak at the news clones. They are all wilted and laying down. 420fied has the same problem with the strain Snow White. He's also get a dark stress ring above the collar of the aero cloner. His plants perk up the next day. His theory was that strain didn't like Clonex.

Man, I hope mine pop back up. Never seen this before but that was the first time I've cloned these strains. I'm worried.

They looked all curled in the above picture because of the LSTing.

nice work josh been watching in the back ground alot havent had much time to comment but your doing great work buddy. bit of a pitty about the hermies but look on the bright side could have been much much worse :thumb:

:goodjob::bravo::cheer:

reps coming ur way buddy

Good news, for me at least, all those clones are looking top notch now. So weird. They looked perky and happy one minute, then dead the next. But I think they'll make it. That was having me worried. The "mothers" are fine and all, I was just worried that things would be set back a few weeks.

Pictures-
Picture_4071.jpg
Picture_4082.jpg
Picture_4091.jpg
Picture_4101.jpg
Picture_4114.jpg
Picture_4122.jpg
Picture_4132.jpg
Picture_4142.jpg
Picture_4152.jpg
Picture_4162.jpg
Picture_4172.jpg
Picture_4182.jpg
Picture_4192.jpg
Picture_4202.jpg

I think I've passed the half way point with prepping the A Train for the cure. Those bowls are the largest I have-large salad bowls. >8zips, if that matters to anyone. Maybe 6 if I were to weigh. I'm not because: It's for personal use, no plans to sell any; my first attempt at indoor, hydro. and Sea of Green, and those A Trains were bag seed.

Still, I'm not ashamed of the results. I wish this and that etc. This is what it is. I still have half of the plants hanging, so the pictures of my coffee table covered in bud is not a true representation of the whole shabang.

One more thing to mention, because I know it is hard at times to interpret pictures. Those A Trains were grown from clone in a 2 liter container. The 26 A trains that made it to the chop took up around a 30"x30" footprint. 1/2 lb-ish in that small of space, I don't care who you are-I think I did alright for the first go around.

Either way brother those pictures were making my mouth water!! Congratulations on the turn-out and success with a technique (Hempy SOG) that works for you!! Excellent job! Keep up the good work and enjoy those fine meds you created!!

:goodjob:

Doesn't look like 420girl has taken this journal yet so I'm just going to add some more.

First, all the recent clones are doing well. A few of the THC Bombs already have the little white bumps where the roots sprout from.

And now for some bad news. Last night I had to chop two of the four oldest NLB clones. Tonight I had to chop the other to. F-ing hermies. The worst part is that those four were taken from three mothers-unlabeled. Two of those mothers are also in the flowering tent, other held in veg. In addition, I have something like three dozen other clones flowering, also unmarked and taken from all the mothers.

Worse case scenario they will be made into hash after I chop them all. I'm going to hang on till the end as much as possible. The other down side is the mother still in veg. Did she make hermies? No way of knowing at the moment.

I'm gearing up those new clones for the next grow. I won't be putting any NLB's in with the new crop. It's pretty frustrating. I can understand the A Trains hermying because they came from hermie seeds. I'm kinda pissed about the NLB situation. I know they were femalized seeds and I know they have a propensity to hermaphordite. But I haven't stressed them and this is first generation of cloning. Just feeling disappointed and frustrated.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Sure mate. I definitely learned a lot.

First, I'd say be prepared before you germinate. I had absolutely nothing when my beans popped. It's hard budgeting this and that while your plants are growing. I was extremely unprepared.

Knowledge is pretty important in my opinion. I've spent hundreds of hours on this site doing research. There a couple other sites that I also refer to, but I'm only a member of this one.

Passive hydroponics is super simple, even for a new indoor grower, one that had zero experience with hydro.

Blue Planet Nutrients are the shit. Corey makes it so simple. I never had any problems with nutrient deficiency or burning

Just because the pistils have darkened doesn't mean it's time to harvest. I used to grow outdoor in the Pacific Northwest. Almost like clock work it would start raining in the first week of October. That's when you would have to harvest, ripe or not. So being able to choose when to harvest was new to me. Still, the A Trains could have used another week.

Follow the directions that came with your cloning machine. I think mine is called Clone King. At any rate I lost 36 clones because I scraped and split the stems. The directions specifically forbade that. Now I know. (And knowing is half of the battle.)

A person doesn't need the best of this, 50 of that, and all the fancy gadgets to grow good meds. The only "best" of anything that I have is BPN. My SunMaster bulb is pretty nice. But everything else I have is bargain stuff. Yeah, I went cheap. Not necessarily I wanted to, but because it was my only option. I'm wishing now that I would have bought my tents from a sponsor as both are damaged.

But I don't have a EC or PPM tester, only a PH tester. I don't use reverse osmosis water, just out of the tap. I don't run my cloning machine on a timer like most folks. The analog timer for my big light was the free one that was included. My ventilation is jury-rigged with two rolls of duct tape.

I haven't tallied it up, I could if you really wanted to know, but I'd guesstimate I'm invested around $800 total. I just harvested more than half a pound (which, I never mentioned, took up less than 2'x2' of floor space). I think I made good on my investment.

Hempy SOG, while easy to do, it's not for the lazy person. It takes some time and a lot of effort to water all those plants. 420fied has made tables that elevate his plants to waist level. I am envious. Crawling around on my hands and knees on a concrete floor in the middle of the night is hard on my back.

If you make a mistake mixing nutes, it's best to just toss the bucket as opposed to burning the plants. No matter how smart your woman is, even if she is a scientist and a math genius, don't let her mix nutes. PH everytime. Flush once a week. In the winter your tap water may be too cold. Let it warm before giving to the plants.

I tried to keep everything as consistent as possible. I had some heat issues about a month ago. It hasn't been above 100 F since and I've found numerous leaks in my ducting. Since them I'm running at 80 with lights on and 69 or so with them off.

I subscribed to a grow journal that is similar to mine. Actually, I copied him. At any rate, being able to ask questions to someone in your same situation can be a very useful tool. I subscribe to a lot of journals. Seems like I can learn new tips from nearly everyone, whether they are growing outdoors in California or DWC in England.

I recently awoke and my brain isn't quite warmed up yet. Taking the dog and the blond fishing. I'll be thinking of this. If I come up with anymore I'll share.

I started the new journal tonight. Just pics as of yet because I'm not feeling well. I was stung twice yesterday by a hornet and I'm highly allergic to bee venom.

I have one Northern Light Blue mother that I am saving. The other strains in the new journal are Holy Grail Kush, THC Bomb, and , I believe it's World of Seeds Afghan Kush.

I have the two former NLB mothers flowering, in addition to-something like 28-ish???, in 2 liter hempy pots. The Northern Light Blues will be done right when the next batch of clones are ready.

I think I have 5 THC Bomb, 2 A Kush, and 4 HGK's in the cloner.

Check out the pics in the new journal. They're not labeled. But still, pretty easy to follow.

I'll elaborate in full detail tomorrow.

Sampling some of the Northern Light Blue. It is, without a shadow of doubt, a true keeper.

I should do a strain review, In my humble opinion, NLB is A+. It clones easy, super hardy, tolerant to F-ups, ranks in at 20.0% THC level, low smell, short flowering time, high calyx to leaf ratio, 700 grms/sq meter; yeah, and tastes so good. Keeper fosho.

Back
Top Bottom