GDP
Week_4_12-12_GDPa.jpg

GDP
Week_4_12-12_GDP.jpg

Bay 11
Week_4_12-12_Bay_11.jpg

Ken's Kush
Week_4_12-12_kush.jpg

yeah lookin amazing bro!! im a newbie too just started a journal too check it out!!
keep it up man i will be following!!!

horsetits said:
yeah lookin amazing bro!! im a newbie too just started a journal too check it out!!

*cough* SHE *cough*

U wouldnt believe all the reading I have done. Hopefully all will continue to a successful conclusion, I will do a few things differently/better next go round.

Thanx for the encouragement!

FIRST ATTEMPT? and only one hermie and all these beautiful ladies?!?!?!? I think your a winner in my book! Looking great! +reps! Keep it up and you'll have some lovely nugs on your hands!

Thanx for stopping by. Looks like your coming along on your journal.

Big fun eh?

I'm glad the info was helpful to you. A friend of mine is fighting cancer and I made her some hi CBD glycerine tincture (have a recipe I found online if u want it), she says it helps with the pain and is allowing her to get off drugs like Oxy. I have lower back issues and CBD tends to take the pain a notch down so I dont have to take prescription drugs which I hate, semi allergic to them.

The one thing I have not found is a hi CBD strain that tastes good when smoked, would like to see some headway there. They do say that tinctures are the best way to medicate, so taste isnt an issue, but I still like to smoke bubble hash for a faster dose.

Thanks for the link subbie, tons of info there, and links too. Wish I were in Ca-li to check that stuff out. Your stuff is looking nice for week 4. Good on ya +reps

I'm glad the info was helpful to you. A friend of mine is fighting cancer and I made her some hi CBD glycerine tincture (have a recipe I found online if u want it), she says it helps with the pain and is allowing her to get off drugs like Oxy. I have lower back issues and CBD tends to take the pain a notch down so I dont have to take prescription drugs which I hate, semi allergic to them.

The one thing I have not found is a hi CBD strain that tastes good when smoked, would like to see some headway there. They do say that tinctures are the best way to medicate, so taste isnt an issue, but I still like to smoke bubble hash for a faster dose.

Thanks subbie! I would like the recipe when you get a chance. Can you use the tincture as a topical ointment? Have you heard of using DMSO with it?

Below is the Glycerine Tincture recipe, I went 5 days but I think u can go more. I've read recipes that let the tincture sit for 30 days or more in a warm place, up to you which way to go. As for topical, I hanvt used it that way but I suppose u can. I have been researching balms and salves and have come up with a really simple Shea butter and coconut balm recipe that I found on you tube. After I harvest this grow I will be experimenting.

Btw you can do a super simple alcohol tincture with either Barcardi 151 or Everclear, ONLY use drinking alcohol. Take you plant material, the higher quality the better, break it down some, I did not powderize it, put it in a mason jar, cover plant material with alcohol, shake and put in freezer. Shake at least x2 per day for 5+ days, strain and its ready, I just left mine in the freezer. I put a drop of cinamon extract for flavor. You can find a ton of recipe's online, the search engine is your friend :)

Here's the Glycerine Tincture Recipe

Glycerine-based Tincture
by Leanne Barron

You need to use food grade U.S.P glycerine, this can be relatively hard to find inexpensively but a gallon lasts a LONG time.Glycerines have a shorter shelf life than alcohol based tinctures and while they can sit on the shelf I refrigerate mine. Vegetable glycerine has nearly no impact on blood sugar or insulin and is very low in calories (4.3 per gram). It’s sweet taste makes the tincture more palatable than the alcohol based tincture and is a suitable substitute for those concerned with alcohol consumption.Add the amount of cannabis that you desire for potency. I added 6 oz of roughly trimmed (finger trimmed the leaves off) cannabis to 1 gallon of glycerine. For your personal preference add more cannabis or less depending on desired potency. I blend mine, using a coffee grinder, blender or if you are lucky enough to have a Vita Mix. Make sure there is no other product matter in whatever you use. I use a clean basting brush to clean out my Vita Mix when I am done powdering my cannabis.

Place in a crockpot on low. Some crockpot’s low settings are too high so you may not be able to use yours. A “Keep Warm” setting if you have it is the best choice. Too hot, and you are killing the properties you are trying to extract, you want the mixture to be as warm as possible without boiling, I left my tincture like this for 24 hours. I have heard people leaving the tincture from anywhere from 4-6 hours to 3 days. You can try the tincture at intervals to decide when you are done. REMEMBER that glycerine tincture retains heat VERY WELL, do not burn yourself!!

If you do not have a crockpot you can place the herbs in a clear, sealed jar in a warm, sunny spot and accomplish the same thing over 4 weeks. Some people make their “sunshine tinctures” over 2 weeks. I do not feel that is long enough, especially in colder weather. Some leave them in the sun for up to 12 weeks. I have never seen a need to go that long myself. Shake each day to mix the herbs in.

When ready to strain use cheesecloth and a strainer to extract the cannabis debris, the THC has been extracted and the tincture is ready to use. The best way to store is in a glass amber bottle. A good place to obtain a large bottle for the bulk of your tincture is a brewery store that has supplies to make wine or beer. I also obtained a few small amber bottles with eye droppers for convenience. It takes a lot longer to strain glycerine than it does alcohol, the tincture will drip when strained instead of flow.

Kinda hard to tell but It looks more like "airy" buds? I am just about ready to harvest my Afgha Kush and it looked kinda similar...to the point where I cut a piece off to see if there were seeds in there(More so a good excuse to have a taster!!!). It was fine...just airy bud due to using cfl lights. The buds look SWEET...nice pistils and great looking trichs!!! Keep it up:thumb:

Hopefully there are no seeds in there. Guess its a wait see.

Thanx for taking a look Rixter.

Kinda hard to tell but It looks more like "airy" buds? I am just about ready to harvest my Afgha Kush and it looked kinda similar...to the point where I cut a piece off to see if there were seeds in there(More so a good excuse to have a taster!!!). It was fine...just airy bud due to using cfl lights. The buds look SWEET...nice pistils and great looking trichs!!! Keep it up:thumb:

Looking good.... Subbed

=TG:peace:

Thanx much. The neat part is that I can already see how to improve for the next run.

I am a newbie and am impressed with what you have going.Please feel free to check out my journal. I am trying BPN Organics. Order them yesterday and should have them by Monday. Keep up the good work.

-TG

Trust me your next grow will get much better even if you decide to expand on what you have now like I did it will produce some pretty good bud.

Back
Top Bottom