SB's Multi Strain - LED - Blue Planet Nutes - 2L-DWC-H & High Brix Trials 2012

SurfBuddy

High Everyone! Some upgrades for this grow, most notably Blue Planet Nutrients for ferts and LED lights from both Advanced LED and Dorm Grow.

Also, Some new strains:
Barney's Farm Liberty Haze
DNA Genetics' Stacked Kush
Hazeman's Breakout
Hazeman's (NdNguy's) G13xHashplant
and leftover from the last grow, clones from the strongest Northern Lights and Big Bud plants.

Grow area is a 2x8 closet (although not quite big enough for two 2x4 tents due to 4x4 posts in the way) with a 2x4 tent for flower on one side, with veg area on the other.

Medium is Coco Coir with Hydroton underneath in the 2L-DWC-H I'm also beginning to experiment with High Brix, I have some soil mixed up and have been testing with lettuce and other edibles. Once I get the porosity figured out for the soil base, I'll get started with some clones in both smart pots and plastic pots.

Plants are vegging under GLR - Gas Lantern Routine 12/1 under a 6 bank of HO T8's with warm, cool and daylight bulbs evenly spaced. In the veg area, LH was soaked May 9, and topped twice for clones, (2/3 survival) the two clones were taken June 18
NL and BB clones were taken May13 from seedling moms, then they were cut for clones June 18 also.
June 3 the Breakout, G13xHashplant and Stacked Kush popped from riot cubes.

Plants are Flowering under 11/13 at the moment, I did a Diminishing Light Schedule (see GLR link above for more info) but then to do perpetual harvests, I bumped the time back up to 11 hours of daylight. I have an Advanced LED 200w DS and a Dorm Grow 240w LED panel in the flower tent.
Two of the Big Bud clones taken May 13 were placed into flower on June 11.
The Stacked Kush that sprouted June 3 moved into the flower tent July 3.

Some strain info:
Liberty Haze
Cannabis Cup Winner 2011.
Liberty_Haze1.jpg

Liberty haze is a cross of G13 male with a fast flowering Chem Dawg 91. Liberty Haze has both Indica and sativa characteristics with one perfect talent.- a fast flowering time. (8 to 9 weeks). A medium tall plant with substantial girth and big fat calyxes, she performs excellently in both indoor and outdoor environments. Long dense cola's start to really fatten up in the last three weeks with dense trichome production with beautiful contrasting red and purple hairs. The Liberty Haze buzz is
immediate and long lasting with an alert and euphoric cerebral effect.
Has a distinct and refreshing lime taste and fragrance.
Lab tests have rated the THC content at up to 25 percent

information

type: Indica/Sativa
yield: 650gr/m2
height: 90-100cm
flower time: 60-65 days
harvest time: End September/Early October
thc: 25%
cbd: 1.8%
genetics: G13 x Chem Dawg 91
orientation

orientation ♀

Stacked Kush
Stacked_Kush1.jpg

When it comes to resin the Sleestack Kush tops the chart! Combining the 2x Legend of Hash Dinner champion, Sleestack, with the ever so popular OG Kush to create this insanely crystaly and tastey champion of champions. With a high calyx to leaf ratio and dense flower formation this will be a great plant to grow with its high medicinal values for depression, anxiety. Finishing in 8-9 weeks make this strain an easy choice for growers who like to pull off 4-5 harvests per year. The Stacked Kush lives up to her name giving far better yields then her mother, Sleestack, and the Kush power comes thru and thru. This instant champion will soon be you and your crews favorite.
Sleestack x The Og #18
60% Sativa : 40% Indica
Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks
Yield: 400-500g/m2

Hazeman's Breakout
Hazeman Seeds Breakout P.O.W. x Rocky Mountain High, 8 - 9 weeks flowering time, This cross took on more of the RMH fruity flavor, Breakout is a medium plant with very little stretch and decent yields, Great trichome production so it is also good for pain and appetite.

Hazeman's G13xHashplant
This was a freebie with my order and from what I could research, is the creation of ndnguy, and released free to the public for propagation of good genetics.

And some photos of the veg side:
Breakout
BreakoutDSC00245.jpg

Stacked Kush
Stacked-KushDSC00244.jpg

Breakout
BreakoutLSTDSC00255.jpg

G13xHashplant
G13HashLSTDSC00248.jpg

Liberty Haze
Liberty-Haze-6topDSC00253.jpg

Breakout
Breakoutd25DSC00306.jpg

Stacked Kush
StackedKushDSC00310.jpg

Stacked Kush
StackedKushDSC00311.jpg

G13xHash
g13hashDSC00309.jpg

Group Shot
group-shotDSC003191.jpg

Big Bud clone in flower:

Big Bud stretching, no LST on this one
BBClonestretchDSC00238.jpg

Day 19
BB-clone-day19.jpg

Thanks for following! Comments are welcome and appreciated!
:surf:

Re: SB's Multi Strain, LED, Blue Planet Nutes, 2L-DWC-H, and High Brix Trials 2012

Wow! This looks great! I'll stop in time to time..

Have you tried the g13x hashplant? Nice to see more high brix growing :) what type of lettuce are you growing?
Thanks for telling me about that strange plant! I read about it, crazy nutritious leaves..

Peace!

Re: SB's Multi Strain, LED, Blue Planet Nutes, 2L-DWC-H, and High Brix Trials 2012

Wow! This looks great! I'll stop in time to time..

Have you tried the g13x hashplant? Nice to see more high brix growing :) what type of lettuce are you growing?
Thanks for telling me about that strange plant! I read about it, crazy nutritious leaves..

Peace!
Yeah! Thanks for dropping in THSea. Have never tried G13xHashplant, but it sure sounds good. It's a reg seed so not sure if it's a boy or girl... gonna collect pollen if she drops some nuts.

The lettuce was a mesculin mix, has some arugula, red and green. I'll pop some photos up later. I hope the moringa oleifera sprouts... I've only got one seed.

Some updates:
Big Bud Clones in flower, the one that was going straight up, I decided to lean over, for fun. I like it.
BBLeanDSC00387.jpg

The other one that was LST'd at the start of veg in clone
BBLSTDSC00388.jpg

The third gen (clone of clone) of Northern Lights
NLGen3DSC00382.jpg

And another
NLgen3DSC00381.jpg

And their mommy, Northern Lights
NLMOMDSC00383.jpg

Liberty Haze, liking the LST and topping. This is going to be a multi kola beast.
Liberty-HazeDSC00378.jpg

G13xHash, still bushy as all get out. It's a reg seed, So I'm keeping my eyes out for balls and hairs
G13xHashDSC00379.jpg

Breakout, with many tops. Neither of these has shown sex, or has started alternating nodes for that matter, so I guess they're both immature still :)
BreakoutDSC00380.jpg

Big Bud mom. This plant's nugs smell so good, but they're so airy, and not dense. I think this strain will be going away. Kinda harsh, but hey, you gotta perform.
BBMOMDSC00384.jpg

Now I've started talking about these leaves in the now completed journal. I think it's either light burn or pH funkiness. It is only affecting larger leaves, not really new growth. I think she probably adjusted to the intensity of the light, so I'm not going to raise it. It did get hot in there today as I had to keep window and door locked, so with no fresh air, it was 91 in there.
SKleafDSC00391.jpg

SKleafDSC00390.jpg
SKleafDSC00389.jpg

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Looking good SB! :bravo:

Loved the bent one and the LST. Good Golly!

Maybe the one with the weird leaves will straiten up and fly right. Nice start Buddy! :high-five:

Looking good SB! :bravo:
Loved the bent one and the LST. Good Golly!
Maybe the one with the weird leaves will straiten up and fly right. Nice start Buddy! :high-five:
She's already coming around... all the new growth is great, and I'm just going to feed with plain water till she asks for something.

wewt! Front row!
Kinda looks like a little Calcium problem... But what do I know. The rest are looking stella-fantab-ulous-imo!
I don't even own cal-mag, so it certainly could be :) Thanks my man Jandre!

wow man. your really stepping up in this growing game. those plants look phenomenal! +reps! :Namaste:
Thanks Deege! Ya know what's funny is I've had to ignore them for the most part for the last several days do to being too busy, and they do just great without me :) They get thirsty, and had dry roots on several occasions, but still were lifting for the sky even with no water in the res. Damn resillient. The only other thing is they climb away from their LST ties (a page out of your book, thank you very much for your inspiration!) but they go back down without too much fuss...

I am a little weirded out about how long it's taking the Stacked kush to show fem signs, but it's only been 9 days in 11/13, so... I'll try to be patient.

Thanks guys! I've got more time now so will be zooming over to catch up on everyone...

Nice looking plants! one heck of a cool system you have growing on there!!!! keep it up and look forward to future updates!!!!! Nice job!!!!:goodjob::bravo:

ok im in for the next round

Nice looking plants! one heck of a cool system you have growing on there!!!! keep it up and look forward to future updates!!!!! Nice job!!!!:goodjob::bravo:

ok im in for the next round

Thanks for dropping in Rixter and Chronic!
:surf:

You know I'm inn bro :high-five:

Great strain selection.

Are you sure it cant produce some dense nugs, that BigBud I mean. Maybe it need a little more nutes then the others? You could work on it, to make it perform better I guess.

Anywayz, :goodjob: :peace:

looking totaly tubular brah! you have a touch with the "drempys" makes me wanna try a couple again,, but i was thinking of using hydroton and an airstone and using 2 2liters to make the pot and res much bigger whatcha think? i would just do 1 or 2 clones unless you just wanna do it,:surf:
Tanks B.I.D. It's the only way I know how to grow :) How would you do that? Like donpaul? stack them one on top another? or some other way? I'm thinking of using square gallon jugs now too, since the square 2.5L seem to be so much more stable. If you can draw or vid me an example I could run it for ya :)

You know I'm inn bro :high-five:

Great strain selection.

Are you sure it cant produce some dense nugs, that BigBud I mean. Maybe it need a little more nutes then the others? You could work on it, to make it perform better I guess.

Anywayz, :goodjob: :peace:
Tanks Juicy! I am exited for these strains! I've got two regular seeds going, and just took clones of them and stuck them in the flower tent to see if they'll be ladies so I know if I need to add in a female to my next batch in a couple of weeks...

You know, I have seen others make Big Bud do magic, but I got these seeds from a site that has no breeder info, so it is probably Big-Bud-Ish or Big-Bud-Like or Faux-Big-Bud or Mostly-Big-Bud or Kinda-Big-Bud or Sorta-Big-Bud or I-Think-Its-Big-Bud. So I'm not sure it's worth keeping. It sure smells like the Big Bud I remember, and I think when my roomie grew it it was fairly airy (say that ten times really fast) until he crossed it with skunk #1...

I'm exited to try some "real" strains LoL

Looking good bro :) subbed, those plants are getting big that you started a while back! That's pretty cool how you just leaned that one plant over on its side! It's funny how you say that you haven't been paying much attention to them and your getting better results.. That's exactly what's happening with my SCROG and this is by far my best grow. My light schedule is from 9pm-9am so I just open the tent at 9, top off with water/nutes, check pH and ppm, train a little under the screen if needed. In all I'm in there 10-15 minutes and the lights are off by morning (I don't even check them before the light goes out). Let them do there thing and give them the right kind of abuse (training) and they'll treat you well :) :goodjob:

Looking good bro :) subbed, those plants are getting big that you started a while back! That's pretty cool how you just leaned that one plant over on its side! It's funny how you say that you haven't been paying much attention to them and your getting better results.. That's exactly what's happening with my SCROG and this is by far my best grow. My light schedule is from 9pm-9am so I just open the tent at 9, top off with water/nutes, check pH and ppm, train a little under the screen if needed. In all I'm in there 10-15 minutes and the lights are off by morning (I don't even check them before the light goes out). Let them do there thing and give them the right kind of abuse (training) and they'll treat you well :) :goodjob:

Thanks teSmp, glad to have the seedling starter plan man along for the ride. They are growing right along. There seems to be a very wide swath of grey area between (rather than a fine line) between neglect and letting them do their thing.

Yeah, I like the leaner... every budsite has more light now and there are three nugs aligned as the top of the plant. Another 2L bonus!

I too no longer check them in the AM, though my schedule is 5pm to 4am... but same kinda deal. I think I'll scrog my next one, but I'm already out of room. I may have to somehow convert my 2L's into outdoor girlies.

Small high brix update: The lettuce seems to be doing well, but I just realized that the perlite I'm got from the store has nutes in it (MG) so I'll have to start over with my mix. Damn, was close to putting some MMJ into the mix since the lettuce was so happy. Here's a shot of them, all plants you can see are the same age:
High-Brix-lettuceDSC00393.jpg

I love that mix SB, use it all the time at work, good looking lettuce :thumb:
Thanks Chef Curso! I eat on it every day... there's others in smaller pots on the ground... I didn't make enough mix to bed them, but oh well.

Sooo, we've got hairs! the Stacked kush finally showed her female lovely parts last night, so today will be day one of bloom for Stacked Kush.

The big bud leaned over is really getting thicker, I think it likes leaning over. It will have to lean in a different direction...

because I'm thinking of putting the liberty haze over on the flower side soon. There is just no damn room in the veg tent anymore and I have two clones of her very healthily bending around in a circle LST style. I had topped her mom, but I think Liberty Haze seems to like LST better to me. I'm considering throwing her into a DWC that is a little bigger since she's drinking so much already. I've got a 2Gal I think I'll try out.

Photos tomorrow or the next day.

Back
Top Bottom