TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

Hmm, I must not be keeping mine wet enough. Gonna soak more this week though and will try that.
Tnx

Are you using rapid rooters or rockwool? The rapid rooters shouldn't need to be ore soaked they should be moist right out of the bag. If theyre hard already then you have some old ones that have dried out. Anyways, I just feel the RR a couple times throughout the day and feel how moist it is still. I water it when I run my fingers acrossed it and my fingers just barely feel moisture but still some.

Are you using rapid rooters or rockwool? The rapid rooters shouldn't need to be ore soaked they should be moist right out of the bag. If theyre hard already then you have some old ones that have dried out. Anyways, I just feel the RR a couple times throughout the day and feel how moist it is still. I water it when I run my fingers acrossed it and my fingers just barely feel moisture but still some.

Using Rapid rooters or root riot, i forget. They are still damp in the bag. OK, so if it doesn't feel soaking wet, soak it. I got burned by overwatering seedlings before, so I'm a little gunshy.

I think my main problem is not putting the seed far enough down into it... but I worry about it getting stuck in there. Whaddya think?

Using Rapid rooters or root riot, i forget. They are still damp in the bag. OK, so if it doesn't feel soaking wet, soak it. I got burned by overwatering seedlings before, so I'm a little gunshy.

I think my main problem is not putting the seed far enough down into it... but I worry about it getting stuck in there. Whaddya think?

Yeah that was my problem with my first seedling I didn't put it far enough down... Here's exactly what I did..

Get a mug, add water, soak for 24 hours, place the seed on it's side all the way down at the bottom of the hole (pointy edges up but still on it's side), broke a little piece off the bottom of the RR and placed it inside the hole above the seed. Now the little plug you place in the hole has to be really small, smaller then the hole, like loose on all sides but still covering up the seed/root. After that I hand watered it just dripping water onto the plug until it's moist and stuck it under a humidity dome.

By the next day I had a big U shaped root and the shell was off. I gently lifted the plant up above the surface and then took pieces of the rapid rooter to fill in the hole and make it really tight around the stem. After that I continued to hand water it for a few days every time it felt dry but still a little wet you don't want them to dry out where they turn into a hard sponge... For the first 3 days I traded between the window and a single CFL.

Now what I'm doing now that there's about 20-30 roots sticking out of the RR is: I took a pint jar and mixed up equal parts of blue planet nutrients 3 part to a PPM of 250 and then pH'd it to 5.7, I then take the plant and dip it into the solution for a few seconds all the way up to the top of the rapid rooter so it soaks into it. Place the plant back under the light. It's under my 400w HID now.

Normally I wouldn't have used a rapid rooter, wouldn't have put it under my HID for a few weeks, wouldn't have it on nutes for several weeks but someone is teaching me that is really good so I figured I would just follow his lead exactly. He just pulled 37 ounces of of a SCROG with 3 sensi stars in DWC. Following what I've said above ^ :)

Thanks teSmp, I bookmarked your post for future reference! Just put 3 in, and they have all cracked but not popped through yet. You wait for 20-30 roots sticking out? Before transplant? Wow, how long does that take, typically?

Thanks teSmp, I bookmarked your post for future reference! Just put 3 in, and they have all cracked but not popped through yet. You wait for 20-30 roots sticking out? Before transplant? Wow, how long does that take, typically?

Yeah I'm waiting till it moves out of the seedling stage to transplant into the DWC. I would say tomorrow or the next day I'll be doing that.. It started its 3rd set of leaves last night. I would say there is about 200 roots just poking out of the RR right now and it is one week old today. I've never personally experienced rooting or growth like this in just a week so I'm pretty sure it's a pretty good way to go about things. I would definitely start dunking it in a ppm solution of 200-300 and pH 5.7 on the 3rd day. Here's some pics:

Seedling 3 days ago:

IMG_1471.PNG

Night before last:

IMG_1470.PNG

Today:

IMG_1479.PNG

Roots:

IMG_1478.PNG

Small Purple Kush:

IMG_1476.PNG

Even though the PK looks like a nice solid bud it's really disappointing me and not getting the width I would like it to.. I think I'll start flushing in about 4 days for 5-7 days..

Looking good ! Don't be too disappointed with the PK, I think you will do much better with the Sensi. I think your clones are the issue because you seem to be doing everything properly. That is why I opted to try seeds this time around because some of the clones I have gotten in the past did not turn out to be too good, I did get a few clones that turned out really nice though. I think it is better using legitimate seeds because there is less guessing involved! Since you already know you have good genetics all you have to worry about is giving it the proper care. :thumb:

Wow, that's some roots for 3 days, that's ridiculosity! I'm following the recipe, so I'll let you know how these seeds turn out. So far so good!

looking good mate, that seedling got some crazy roots, hoping it gives you some nice fem,

Thanks donpaul, how's everything going for you? And I know after seeing how this seedling is doing I don't think I'll ever start a seedling in anything else. It's so simple and works awesome.

Looking good ! Don't be too disappointed with the PK, I think you will do much better with the Sensi. I think your clones are the issue because you seem to be doing everything properly. That is why I opted to try seeds this time around because some of the clones I have gotten in the past did not turn out to be too good, I did get a few clones that turned out really nice though. I think it is better using legitimate seeds because there is less guessing involved! Since you already know you have good genetics all you have to worry about is giving it the proper care. :thumb:

Thanks Stoned.. And I agree 100% I think I'm doing everything right, I'm pretty sure I've been just given shitty genetics on all of the clones I've gotten. I'll never buy a clone again unless I can't find a seed for a particular strain that I really want. This seedling is growing so fast I can't wait to see what happens when it starts vegging in the DWC it's going to explode I bet. I'm hoping for 5-8 ounces off my 6 sq/ft SCROG with just this one plant :)

Wow, that's some roots for 3 days, that's ridiculosity! I'm following the recipe, so I'll let you know how these seeds turn out. So far so good!

Thanks SurfBuddy :) What's your plan for the seedlings your doing?

Wow Tsemp, its been way to long! Those bud sticks are looking really fantastic man. I really love how that grew.

:Namaste:

oyea... +reps manng!

Thanks for the rep Deege, I've been over to your journal quite a few times you've got a monster on your hands! Thanks for the comment about the 2L PK's as well, they haven't filled out like I was expecting them to (especially the one in that last set of pics), but oh well I'm pretty much just looking forward to my seedling :)

Here's the critical sensi star seedling day 8:

06:03:12.png

This little leaf growing out on the left is kind of odd isn't it?

06:03:12-side.PNG

This is days 0, 1, 3, 5, and 8 :

8_Days.png

it looks like a nice healthy seedling to me, im just getting ready to harvest my nl x bb, all hairs are orange now so just waiting for trichs to turn cloudy and some but only a few orange as i want it for day smoke and the kush ill let go longer as it will be my night smoke.

i think my 2ltr hempie has gone crazy, since trimming the fan leaves and only leaving the top and bottom set it has started growing leaves all over the place, some weird 3 shape leaves coming out from where the buds are growing, i think maybe i took to many leaves and now its forced the others 2 grow, now ive got 3 times the amount of leaf i had before i cut back the fan leaves, ill see how it goes,

it looks like a nice healthy seedling to me, im just getting ready to harvest my nl x bb, all hairs are orange now so just waiting for trichs to turn cloudy and some but only a few orange as i want it for day smoke and the kush ill let go longer as it will be my night smoke.

i think my 2ltr hempie has gone crazy, since trimming the fan leaves and only leaving the top and bottom set it has started growing leaves all over the place, some weird 3 shape leaves coming out from where the buds are growing, i think maybe i took to many leaves and now its forced the others 2 grow, now ive got 3 times the amount of leaf i had before i cut back the fan leaves, ill see how it goes,

Thanks and yeah I agree it's looking pretty healthy to me as well.. Just commented over on your journal! Yeah our friend (you know who) told me that when you trim a bunch of the fan leaves off they will just grow back in other places or in the buds which you don't really want. I haven't trimmed anything that wasn't dead since I went crazy on my WW's and I'm not going to trim a single thing on my SCROG unless it's dead. Ok wait back up, I trim the stuff to lollipop it but I don't specifically going around trying to pull fan leaves off because I think they're shading something, I could care less if they're shading something.

Alright... little update...

Here's the Critical Sensi Star seedling from Delicious seeds just finishing it's 8th day today.. I've transplanted it from the RR over into the hydroton in my 5 gallon DWC. I used equal parts of grow-bloom-micro at a ppm of 900 and pH 5.7, I know i know that's to much for a seedling right? Well like I said previously someone who grows some amazing bud, and yields I can only dream of us teaching me so I'm just doing everything he does word for word and we'll see what comes of it, surely it will be better then what I've been getting. Looking at how the seedling is doing it seems as if all the info is working just fine. I'm only two day behind him in his current grow so it's working out really nicely.

image-2884279094.jpg

I took a cup from the reservoir and hand watered from the top and it's still under 24/7 light until the PK 2L's finish up and I'll switch to 18/6. I'll continue to hand water 2 maybe 3 times a day until I get a good bit of roots hanging into the reservoir. I'll start a new journal shortly for this plant.

Thanks SurfBuddy :) What's your plan for the seedlings your doing?

Actually still undecided. Either flower straight away with the other clones that are ready or I'm gonna UBT to perpetuate then flower in 2L's. I'm trying to find mom strains for what will eventually be a high brix grow with OC+. For now though, I'm going to use the awesomeness that is BPN in the 2L-DWC-H

I need to see how far along my flower room is to see what will fit by the time these are ready.

that seedling looks great!

seems very high for ppm! looking to see how this young one takes it!

def indica leaves.. should be able to tolerate some ;)

Thank you! And I agree it seems high, about a month ago I would have thought someone was crazy if they were even talking about giving nutes to any plant younger then 3-4 weeks. But this guy clearly knows what he's talking about and so far everything is working great! The plant is showing no signs of being over fertilized. He did this the exact same way on his last grow (SCROG) and got a 1/4 pound bud off one of the colas and yielded 37 ounces from 3 sensi star plants. I won't be complaining when I pull 1/4-1/2 pound off of one plant!

Actually still undecided. Either flower straight away with the other clones that are ready or I'm gonna UBT to perpetuate then flower in 2L's. I'm trying to find mom strains for what will eventually be a high brix grow with OC+. For now though, I'm going to use the awesomeness that is BPN in the 2L-DWC-H

I need to see how far along my flower room is to see what will fit by the time these are ready.

Cool man, after doing all of these 2Ls I'm just not thrilled. I mean it's cool pulling 1/2-1 ounce off something with little veg time and only the size of 2L bottle but it's just not me. I would prefer to veg something a month, SCROG and have 15 half ounce buds in the end ya know?

Ohh yeah and in case anyone was wondering I sampled the Purple Kush and god damn it's strong! Every plant is getting stronger and stronger, very euphoric high!

I feel you if you are not going to maximize the plant count to as much as possible the method of 2L is simply not worth it.. I would make bigger plants as well!

I am gonna be so backed up with clones soon I may just start to veg to get closer to that ounce off of each plant ;)
but i am moving on into 4 inch square pots and ebb and flown' it up! 2L was a fun run tho!

Thank you! And I agree it seems high, about a month ago I would have thought someone was crazy if they were even talking about giving nutes to any plant younger then 3-4 weeks. But this guy clearly knows what he's talking about and so far everything is working great! The plant is showing no signs of being over fertilized. He did this the exact same way on his last grow (SCROG) and got a 1/4 pound bud off one of the colas and yielded 37 ounces from 3 sensi star plants. I won't be complaining when I pull 1/4-1/2 pound off of one plant!

Cool man, after doing all of these 2Ls I'm just not thrilled. I mean it's cool pulling 1/2-1 ounce off something with little veg time and only the size of 2L bottle but it's just not me. I would prefer to veg something a month, SCROG and have 15 half ounce buds in the end ya know?

Ohh yeah and in case anyone was wondering I sampled the Purple Kush and god damn it's strong! Every plant is getting stronger and stronger, very euphoric high!

Keep me updated on the process/progress, I'm a week behind you and following that schedule to a T. You think your master grower friend minds if I tag along for the learnin'? If not, please post updates to feeding etc. as you go!

I too am finding that the 2L DWC-H is becoming a PITA. Now that I've defoliated, they're not drinking very much (or transpiring) but the pH is going up into the high 7's in 24 hours. They're not drinking a ton so I'm just using pH down and watering ever two days and dumping the res every other feeding. Ugh. Since I vegged so long, the root balls are so big when I lift a plant from the res, it won't even fit back in because of the airstone.

Anyway, I want to switch over to dirt and high brix, but I don't want to experiment with my expensive seeds so for now I'm married to the 2L's

Back
Top Bottom