TeSmp's 400W White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops

Re: teSmp's 400w White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops - BPN

YEAH! Delicious looking bruddah!

Looking Dank! How did you get your photos large? When I clicked mine from the gallery window that pops it it posts my pictures as small thumbnails that you have to click to enlarge?

After you click My photos, click by insert what? and change it to Original only

Thanks!

YEAH! Delicious looking bruddah!

After you click My photos, click by insert what? and change it to Original only

Thank you! I saw that tip yesterday, glad to have the original functionality back!

That Widow might find a new husband, as sexy as she's looking!!

Haha, I'm sure she'll have a couple pretty soon!

K here's both the WW's before flushing them with 9 gallons of water each. Went much smoother this time, not as messy and they took the water a lot easier.

Mariah:

IMG_10684.jpg

IMG_10675.jpg

Jennifer:

IMG_10668.jpg

IMG_10656.jpg

K here's both the WW's before flushing them with 9 gallons of water each. Went much smoother this time, not as messy and they took the water a lot easier.

Mariah:

IMG_10684.jpg

IMG_10675.jpg

Jennifer:

IMG_10668.jpg

IMG_10656.jpg

Bumping this over.

Looking good, those little bonsais are getting fat haha. What day do you plan to harvest?

Thanks COgrow, I plan to do one more 9 gallon flush and then let it dry out for 2-3 days and chop. So I'm thinking Friday-Sunday. I really would rather base it off the trichomes, I want it about 50% amber but they haven't changed much in the last week and a half at all. All cloud and a couple amber.

Thanks COgrow, I plan to do one more 9 gallon flush and then let it dry out for 2-3 days and chop. So I'm thinking Friday-Sunday. I really would rather base it off the trichomes, I want it about 50% amber but they haven't changed much in the last week and a half at all. All cloud and a couple amber.

Yeah, I feel you on the amber-ness. It's just everyone always seems to have a projected day based on how long you planned on flushing. That's all I'm wondering, haha. I'm in the same predicament as you, but I haven't seen any amber yet so I haven't even started to flush, but I decided against doing the 3x the pot size. Sounds like a hassle and from what I've gathered here and elsewhere, it doesn't necessarily do anything but impede on your plant's health.

I already do a nice flush with each water, for example, last night my regular two gallons going into a ~5gal pot didn't runoff anything, so I put another gallon in and nearly a half gallon ran out. Huge waste to me, I'd rather reduce nutrients and/or just water without nutrients to let the plant use up what's in the soil. Maybe just a little extra water, even 2x. Ahh, there's so many choices. I'm curious to see what you say about it after you've been putting 3x water in for a while.

Yeah, I feel you on the amber-ness. It's just everyone always seems to have a projected day based on how long you planned on flushing. That's all I'm wondering, haha. I'm in the same predicament as you, but I haven't seen any amber yet so I haven't even started to flush, but I decided against doing the 3x the pot size. Sounds like a hassle and from what I've gathered here and elsewhere, it doesn't necessarily do anything but impede on your plant's health.

I already do a nice flush with each water, for example, last night my regular two gallons going into a ~5gal pot didn't runoff anything, so I put another gallon in and nearly a half gallon ran out. Huge waste to me, I'd rather reduce nutrients and/or just water without nutrients to let the plant use up what's in the soil. Maybe just a little extra water, even 2x. Ahh, there's so many choices. I'm curious to see what you say about it after you've been putting 3x water in for a while.

I personally think it's beneficial. I don't agree on giving to much nutes that it's wasting your nutes but water alone I think is good. I haven't seen the buds explode this much at any time during the grow. It's obviously the last few weeks and they're swelling but I think flushing it really oxygenates the roots. You should watch the green house seed company grow videos they flush weeks 3,4,5 and let them dry out for 5 days after each and they just explode after the roots get a bunch of oxygen. It is some what of a hassle, but I don't want any chemicals in the medicine either so a good flush doesn't bother me any.

I'm liking the conversation! Always cool when people share different ideas cause everybody learns something :high-five:

I like to periodically flush my mediums. Around once a month on organics, and twice a month or every two weeks for synthetics. This is especially helpful when using synthetics because the salts tend to build up over time. Leeching the salts out periodically throughout the grow will prevent a harmful amount to accumulate.

A wise grower I know doesn't ever pre-harvest flush, but he has been running the same strains for 10+ years and can accurately predict his yield. He thinks flushing is essentially to rinse out the build up of salts in the medium, which it is. Since he knows his strains so well he has perfected the amount of nutrients each strain needs, therefore he states he does not need to rinse out the excess salts (leftover nutrients) before harvest because there simply isn't any food leftover. He looks at it as less is more, and he rarely goes over 1000ppms while getting fantastic plants. Most people figure how much food can I feed them without hurting them, however that is completely different from how much food can I feed them before it stops being beneficial! He does low concentration feeds with mini flushes every two weeks.

I have also noticed faster growth with watering/feeding less frequently, quite ironic if I must say so. Maybe it has something to do with the decrease in oxygen to the roots after watering?

Two ways to increase more oxygen to the root zone is using aerated water obviously, and mixing in H202. H202 has been used in commercial hydroponic reservoirs for years. Here is a some info on H202
It is this hydrogen peroxide in rainwater that makes it so much more effective than tap water when given to plants. With the increased levels of atmospheric pollution, however, greater amounts of H202 react with air-borne toxins and never reach the ground. To compensate for this, many farmers have been increasing crop yields by spraying them with diluted hydrogen peroxide (5 to 16 ounces of 35% mixed with 20 gallons of water per acre). You can achieve the same beneficial effect with your house plants by adding 1 ounce of 3% hydrogen peroxide (or 16 drops of 35% solution) to every quart of water you give your plants. (It can also be made into an excellent safe insecticide. Simply spray your plants with 8 ounces of 3% peroxide mixed with 8 ounces of white sugar and one gallon of water.)

I'm liking the conversation! Always cool when people share different ideas cause everybody learns something :high-five:

I like to periodically flush my mediums. Around once a month on organics, and twice a month or every two weeks for synthetics. This is especially helpful when using synthetics because the salts tend to build up over time. Leeching the salts out periodically throughout the grow will prevent a harmful amount to accumulate.

A wise grower I know doesn't ever pre-harvest flush, but he has been running the same strains for 10+ years and can accurately predict his yield. He thinks flushing is essentially to rinse out the build up of salts in the medium, which it is. Since he knows his strains so well he has perfected the amount of nutrients each strain needs, therefore he states he does not need to rinse out the excess salts (leftover nutrients) before harvest because there simply isn't any food leftover. He looks at it as less is more, and he rarely goes over 1000ppms while getting fantastic plants. Most people figure how much food can I feed them without hurting them, however that is completely different from how much food can I feed them before it stops being beneficial! He does low concentration feeds with mini flushes every two weeks.

I have also noticed faster growth with watering/feeding less frequently, quite ironic if I must say so. Maybe it has something to do with the decrease in oxygen to the roots after watering?

Two ways to increase more oxygen to the root zone is using aerated water obviously, and mixing in H202. H202 has been used in commercial hydroponic reservoirs for years. Here is a some info on H202

Nice thanks for the info! If I were doing soil again I would definitely do flushes throughout the grow, I haven't done any except for now! I don't know enough to say if it would be of benefit but I'm thinking it would. As you said to flush out salt build up and also to really oxygenate the roots. That's pretty cool about the grower you know, every strain can handle more/less nutrients so you really have to know the strain to be able to do something like that!

One ounce per quart? I read to never use more than 2 oz per gallon, and then only as a cure for root rot... I would rather bump up my use of it, but maybe qty's are different for Hydro and soil?

Loving the conversation as well. Great info!

One ounce per quart? I read to never use more than 2 oz per gallon, and then only as a cure for root rot... I would rather bump up my use of it, but maybe qty's are different for Hydro and soil?

Loving the conversation as well. Great info!

I think maybe the guy messed up and meant as a foliar for houseplants because that does seem quite high. I've used 35% H202 at 5ml/gallon and I wouldn't see a need to go any higher. I'm not positive on how to convert 5ml of 35% into (X)ml of 3%, math was NOT my subject! I did 5x=105 which equates to 21ml of 3%/ Gallon

That's about the same... 20ml = 4 teaspoons/gallon = 1 tsp/gal
Hmm, maybe I can boost it up.> Anyone else with a rule o' thumb for hydro and h202?

I like your set up, nice and compact in that tent space. Not an inch to waste!

Thanks GreenChrome! Check back this weekend for the harvest and wet weights!

Surf- I cant find 35% so I just use a TON of 3% i mean its h202 both of which plants like, the only concern I would have is what else is inside that isn't listed as an active ingredient. And 3% is close to 10% of 35% so i just add 10x the 35% value and i haven't seen any bad effects yet.

TeSemp- would you mind swinging by and looking at some of my pics, My plants seems to have similar growth and since I LST'd it almost looks like your girl may have a long lost twin :thumb: . I couldn't find many of your picture with the plant before flower and that is where I'm at. I would like to know when you flowered etc if you can find some spare time. Thanks buddy.

That's about the same... 20ml = 4 teaspoons/gallon = 1 tsp/gal
Hmm, maybe I can boost it up.> Anyone else with a rule o' thumb for hydro and h202?

Duh, that should say: 20ml = 4 teaspoons/gallon = 1 tsp/QUART

Back
Top Bottom