TeSmp's 400W White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops

re: TeSmp's 400W White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops - Blue Planet Nutrients

you really dont want to swap weather mate, im lucky if i get 2 weeks of warm weather during the summer, im lucky if i can where a t-shirt and shorts for a few days and get my milky white legs out to pretend to get a tan, day time temps about 10c night time temps between 5 and 9c which is about 50 deg f daytime and between 40 and 50 deg f night time, thats if where lucky, we should be in the 20's this time of year but the last few years its been cold, but im keeping my fingers crossed for my guerila grow, i got my plants vegging my back pack is packed with nutes, water, chicken wire, trowel, and a bird watching book just in case i get asked any questions, not that i could name any birds if i was asked, just say im learning, plus ill take the mutt with me and plant it while working the dog, hoping to get some nice plants outdoors, problem is unless my cuttings take root a bit quicker ill be using sprouted seeds so will need to plant at least 2 or 3 to chance it with 1 female, but depends on the weather

thanks for the drying and curing info, i have got a european grow book but its oldish and only mentions hang dry and using brown paper bags to dry and cure the buds, but ive read a lot about using jars, i have actually bought some jars for when im ready, but i just hope im not jumping the gun,

Drying is the most disappointing part of the grow if it is not done properly. I know because I've had the same problem several times just like you TeSmp. That was until I got a hygrometer and stumbled upon a few threads like the one COgrow quoted. If your 1st plant is harsh and smells like hay, stash the jar for a few months while your smoking on the rest of your harvest. In a few months it will develop a better smell and taste, not quite the same as properly dried & cured buds but it is better then the hay.

You can also place a small fresh nug in the jar to re moisten the buds. I had some bud I let dry for too long that it would crumble when touched, after a few days with a very small fresh nug the buds were actually moist again and smelled a lot better. You just have to closely monitor the RH after you put the fresh small nug in

If your RH in your drying chamber is too low, you can place the buds in brown paper bags after 2-3 days of drying. Make sure the top of the bag is open and you only have a small layer of buds. Give it a little shake once or twice a day. This will let the buds dry slower, and I think it improves the taste as well

After I my buds go into jars for curing I like to burp them for 10 minutes 2-3 times a day for the first week, make sure you give them a shake when you burp the jars. If the RH is still to high, place the buds in a paper bag for 1-2 hours. After the first week, I burp them 2-3 times a week but just for a couple minutes to replace the air. I have also noticed better quality when I would put them in jars sooner while they were still a little moist and let them fully dry during burping. You just have to be cautious with mold

Sweet thanks! And yes it was definitely the biggest blow of the entire grow having the first batch lose it's smell. If you open the jar it smells amazing but if you try and smell and individual bud there's not much of a smell at all. I was thinking about mixing the good smelling one that is still moist with the dryer stuff hoping the good stuff would make the other stuff smell better but I'm not sure if that would be a good idea? Thanks for the info I've been doing exactly as you're explaining in the last paragraph on the second jar. I totally agree with you on putting them in moist and just airing the jars out, it seems like the only way I could slowly dry my buds.

WOOOO!!!! GRATS ON CROPING OUT! :) how was it!

Thanks mud :) The smoke is great, one of my favorites so far.

great to here the smoke is good mate, makes it all worth it, im hoping for some nice smoke with mine, when would you do the flush before harvest and how many flushes is it best to do, also after flushing i dont use any nutes do i, im not at that stage yet but want to get an idea of how early i need to flush before actual harvest, ive read its best not to give water between 2 and 3 days before to aid with drying but wasnt sure about flushing the soil out,
ive also got pics and updated my journal mate, you can now see the results of bpn on my plants, im so amazed

real nice grow man

Thank you :) just finished my other journal two days ago. Will be starting a new one 6 sq/ft scrog with critical sensi star. Just one plant DWC. Join along if you'd like.

ooo ill be looking out for it................

Re: teSmp's 400w White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops - BPN

Hi mate, how ya goin?? Nice Scrog bra!!
See yeah i could have done this with my girl and she would probably be better off for it, but i didnt setup for that and doing it now is too difficult as it means i have to pull apart my grow space for access.. Last time i attempted that my light track came off one end and nearly lost my globe.. I was intrigued by ur bonsai style grow, i wanted to see how your main stem formed.. Mine is like bonsai atm, i hope the stem has the ability to stretch and grow further. Im trying to re - establish her as main shoot - i tethered 2 tops that had grown bout 2 inch above the main, so they are pulled to one side each and there is room for them there so i hope by doing this that some more Auxins will go to my original main cola. It does have rather good growth, tho seemed to be coming 3rd in the race prior to tethering.. Cheers for ya help, hope your current grow comes out well matey! Catch ya, Smokem..:thumb:

I see you used some kind of tin can for the deflectors during the veg stage, how did it work for you? Asking because I need to make my own deflector, and I was wondering if a large tin can that's cut open would do the trick on a HPS?

Back
Top Bottom