SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

I was just thinking about that!
I didn't post it!

tomorrow I will take pictures showing the comparison..

as of right now I am not convinced in defoliation.. as a matter of fact I doubt I will be doing it unless I absolutely need to get rid of the fan leaf! Leave leaves alone! removal of healthy leaves hacks up a healthy plant. removing a large fan leaf or shade leaf does not make plants more productive even though this practice supplies more light to small leaves and growing tips. Plants need all their leaves to produce the maximum amount of chlorophyll and food. removing leaves slows chlorophyll production, stresses the plant (may not be that visible to the eye) but stress is a growth inhibitor so i don't want any at all near my plants!.. I dont think its the light beaming on the bud that makes it bigger its the photosynthesis that happens! and all those steps need to happen at the most optimum level.. therefore from now on i will leave my leaves until i have to without a doubt remove them

Remove spindly branches and growth that is not collecting light energy, including dead and dying leaves. pruning lower branches concentrates auxins in upper branches which forces growth upwards... so i would remove lower branches that do not recieve light plants will direct energy into buds.. so no more having multiple arms on the plants.. if you can get those branches off early in flowering to they get a nice single fat cola (which is what this sog is based off of)

those are my 2 cents

but 420fied, Twelve12 , and many others seem to have great/better results with defoliation.. i feel like something slowed down.. maybe..

oh well hope my info helps!!

pictures side by side tomorrow
so stay tuned!

Please read this... Alaskan1 Sativa Dom Flo n Gro Tent #2

Question: did you do a LIGHT defoliation at 21/22 days? Or, was it a full defoliation?

Where are the pics you tease, lol. J/K....

Yo Kimmy, zup growbro. Come check out my 2L-DWC-H test grow, have just updatet, sh*t iz ripe ;)
U 2 SpiriztaH :) plus weight report in Up 4 2L of GreeN of 1.batch.

Peace out! ~I LUV UR JOURNAL SpiritThc :circle-of-love:

I am a little disappointed that BPN didn't outperform CYCO. But I kind of expected this. The CYCO platinum line is very extensive. It looks like I need to add some more products to my line. I will definitely be adding some new and powerful products to compliment the BPN 2 part and 3 part base nutrients asap...

What I would definitely like to see is a side by side comparison of the CYCO base nutrients vs the BPN base nutes. I just checked out the Platinum series and there are quite a few beneficial products that I am sure pushed that line over the edge. Don't get me wrong, I am Not making excuses! :) I just need to expand my product list.. I am just wondering if growers would be willing to spend the extra $$$. I am definitely looking for some constructive criticism here. That is the only way I am going to keep improving.

I am a little disappointed that BPN didn't outperform CYCO. But I kind of expected this. The CYCO platinum line is very extensive. It looks like I need to add some more products to my line. I will definitely be adding some new and powerful products to compliment the BPN 2 part and 3 part base nutrients asap...

What I would definitely like to see is a side by side comparison of the CYCO base nutrients vs the BPN base nutes. I just checked out the Platinum series and there are quite a few beneficial products that I am sure pushed that line over the edge. Don't get me wrong, I am Not making excuses! :) I just need to expand my product list.. I am just wondering if growers would be willing to spend the extra $$$. I am definitely looking for some constructive criticism here. That is the only way I am going to keep improving.

And this is why i love me some BPN! i will be curious to see the next test, if i am correct Spirit is going to try to push the plants to the max nutes ....and if BPN comes out with more additives or another more advanced line that costs more, the growers will line up! Now if we could only get you in some stores!

Corey, for your products, and the added support on here? DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY BRO! There's so much more than just the product line you get when you make a BPN Purchase. The support you give in this forum alone is priceless. I'd be interested in checking out what you have in mind over in my Flower Box.

DATA:

FLOWERING ROOM
1. CHANGING OUT THE 2L METHOD TO A COCO/PERLITE FLOOD AND DRAIN WITH 4"SQ POTS (THEY WILL HAVE A SCREEN ON INSIDE THE POTS ON BOTTOM TO PREVENT PERLITE AND OTHER JUNK FROM FALLING OUT
-- FIGURED I DO NOT WANT TO RUN A DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEM BECAUSE ITS SIMPLY TOO MANY LINES AND SOMETHING IS BOUND TO GO WRONG. SO I WILL SIMPLY FLOOD AND DRAIN.. GREAT METHOD FOR SOG
-- I LIKE AEROPONIC CLONING THEREFORE I CHOSE COCO AS MY MEDIUM AND THE FACT THAT I AM RELATIVELY COMFORTABLE WITH IT AS ALL MY PLANTS ARE DOING GREAT.. NO ROCKWOOL.. I HATE HUMIDITY DOMES RIGHT NOW LOL. 2L ARE FUN IF I LESS PLANTS RUNNING. GREAT EXPERIENCE THO! BUT ITS TIME TO ADVANCE EVERYWHERE.
-- THE POT ARE MEANT FOR HYDROPONICS OF COURSE AND ARE ROUGHLY THE SAME SIZE AS THE 2L JUST A BIT SHORTER WHICH IS ADVANTAGE TO ME.. BECAUSE I SEEN HOW MY STRAIN(S) GROW AND EAT SO I WONT BE SEEING ROOT BOUNDS (ALSO THE FACT THAT ROOTS CAN GROW OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE POT IF THEY PLEASE)
-- I ALREADY HAVE A 4X4 FLOOD TRAY AND A 4X8 FLOOD TRAY AND TWO 100 GALLON RESERVOIRS (OVERKILL BUT I WILL BE DROPPING MORE TRAYS SOON)
--NOW I CAN COMPLETELY SEPARATE THE MIXES AND WORK WITH THE NUTRIENTS PROPERLY! (BY THE WAY I REALIZED THEY WERE SMALLER BUDS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WERE THE BLACK DOMINA STRAIN! AS A MATTER OF FACT EVERYTHING IS PRETTY EVEN! I CAN'T TELL A DIFFERENCE.. ALL THE PLANTS (NOT BEING STUNTED BECAUSE OF THE 2L DWC AIR PRUNE ) ARE DOING GREAT.. I JUST PUT TOO MANY DOMINA ON THE BPN SIDE THAT IT MADE IT SEEM OVERALL SMALLER FLOWER.. BUT WHEN I FED AND REARRANGED I PUT ALL OF THEM TOGETHER AND REALIZED THE DIFFERENCES. BUT WE WILL RUN THIS COMPARISON AGAIN.. AND SAME STRAIN DIFFERENT NUTES TO GET THE ABSOLUTE FACTS!

2. CENTRAL A/C
-- BY THE TALENTED FRIENDS AND FAMILY I WAS ABLE TO GET CENTRAL A/C INTO THE ROOMS NOW.. TEMPS AND HUMIDITY ARE CONTROLLED ..BY ME NOW! SORRY MOTHER NATURE.. BUT YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO STAY OUTSIDE ! SAVES SO MUCH POWER AND NOW NO MORE DUMPING 50 GALLONS OF WATER OUT A DAY FROM ALL THE UNITS AND MACHINES I HAVE RUNNING.. ALL GONE! 4 TON TO THE RESCUE !

3. FUNGUS GNATS..
-- SNS TO THE RESCUE .. HAVE A FEW FLYERS.. YELLOW STICKY ALMOST HERE WITH THE POTS!

4. 4/25 PLANTS ON WEEK 6! FLUSH BEGINS!
-- FLUSH FOR THE NEXT WEEK AND THEN HARVEST AS THESE STRAINS ARE 6-7 WEEK STRAINS.. READY AT DAY 50 BUT I AM GOING TO GET ME A 60X MICROSCOPE AND CHECK OUT THING AND DECIDE IF I WANT TO PUSH IT A LITTLE FURTHER.. EITHER WAY BEGIN TO FLUSH

VEGGY ROOM

1. I HAVE 4 COCO MOMS IN 3 GALLONG BAGS UNDER 8 RACK T5's
-- THESE WILL REMAIN BEING HAND FED FOR THE TIME BEING..

2. NEW SET OF MOMS EBB&FLOW
-- GOT A 3X4 FLOOD TRAY READY FOR THE NEW MOMS

3. CENTRAL A/C!
-- AINT PLAYING ANYMORE GAMES WITH CLIMATE CONTROL

4. THE HORROR(S) OF GROWING
-- I HAVE LOST A SHIT LOAD OF CLONES DUE TO THE ROCKWOOL METHOD OF CLONING AND HUMIDITY DOMES..
-- MOLD!!!!
-- PESTS!!!!!
== I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS EXACTLY BUT ITS EATING MY CLONES!!!! ALL THERE FOLIAGE! SOME SORTA CATAPILLAR.. ROLEY POLY OR SOMESHITTT UGHHHHH! I HATE THIS! A BARRICADE MADE OF MESH WILL BE MADE TO PROTECT PLANTS FROM FOLIAGE EATER(S)

TO BE HONEST EVERYTHING BEING DONE IS SO STRESSFUL!.. BUT THE IDEA IS TO GET MAX BUDDHA OF GREAT POTENCY AND MAKE IT AUTOMATED!! THEN THE PRECIOUS TIME WILL BE SPENT ON MORE THOROUGH DETAILS, INSPECTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TO ACHIEVE BETTER HARVESTS IN AN ORGANIZED TIMELY FASHION.. STRESSS FREEE

GOTTA MAKE THIS FUN! ITS BEEN OVERWHELMING LATELY BUT
PLUG ALONG!!! AS A WISE MAN ONCE TOLD ME

:Namaste:

NOW FOR DETAILS ON CURRENT GROW:

MOST OF IT HAS BEEN COVERED UPTOP BUT THE OVERVIEW IS THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT HEALTH WISE.. CAME INTO OBSTACLES
1. FEEDING - TOO MANY PLANTS TO HANDFEED
2. NUTRIENT(S) COMPARISON -- NOT ENOUGH TO DATA, SIMPLY BECAUSE THE DIFFERENCE IN STRAINS ON EACH SIDE AND THE FACT THAT THEY WERE FED ON SAME PPMS, ALSO THE FIRST FEEDING WAS DONE WITH CYCO.. AND THE LAST FEEDING WAS CYCO.. SO NOT TOTAL BPN! THE GREAT THING IS THAT ALL PLANTS PRODUCED NICELY AND ARE ABOUT TO HARVEST BEAUTIFULLY! WILL DO CYCO VS. BPN ON NEXT RUN!
3. DEFOLIATION -- YEAH ONLY DEFOLIATED ONCE.. IT WAS LIKE ON DAY 26 OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE.. BUT ONCE AGAIN THEY WERE MOVED AROUND AND WERE NOT PROPERLY PLACED TO SEE IF IT WOULD MAKE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE.. AND THE STRAIN HAD ALMOST EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT.. NOT MAKING IT EVEN WITH THE STRAINS MADE ME SEE BPN AND CYCO DEFOLIATION NOT THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE BECAUSE IT WAS BLACK DOMINA STRAIN AND NOT SNOW.. THE THC SNOW PLANTS THAT WERE DEFOLIATED PRODUCED PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS THE NON-DEFOLIATED.. BUT THIS COMPARISON WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR TIMED NOR ORGANIZED ENOUGH TO ESTABLISH A DIFFERENCE.. I WILL DO SO.. ON THE NEXT RUN!!!

THIS WHOLE RUN WAS EXPERIMENTAL TO FIND OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO KNOW OF GROWING TO BE SECURED OF SUCCEEDING AND IMPROVING HARVESTS! WHICH I BELIEVE IS PRICELESS! NOW THAT I KNOW THESE THINGS I WILL APPLY ON MY NEXT GROW! WHICH SHOULD GIVE US ALL THE DATA WE WANT(ED) TO KNOW.

WHAT CAN I SAY GUYS.. FIRST GROW
:angel:

My friend .. It is my apology for not being organized enough to really give you absolute results

but I can say that Cyco does some wonder in flowering! that line is long but so vast with beneficial chemicals!
And i am so excited to see you extend your line! I got DIBS on trying out anything you add! as i will be really comparing the nutrients in the next grow!

Cyco vs. BPN II (0 WINS-0 LOSSES-1 DRAW FOR BOTH)
MAIN EVENT

I am extremely curious as i will be having 100 gallon reservoirs filled with the nutrients .. this will really allow me to know which one is better

I hope there is no swinging in this fight ! hahahahaa

Yiir Spirit!

I came too same conclusion on the drip irrigation, with that many plants, flood an drain are the way to go I think as well :bravo:

Will be very interesting too follow. U da man SpiriThc :high-five: +rep

DATA:

FLOWERING ROOM
1. CHANGING OUT THE 2L METHOD TO A COCO/PERLITE FLOOD AND DRAIN WITH 4"SQ POTS (THEY WILL HAVE A SCREEN ON INSIDE THE POTS ON BOTTOM TO PREVENT PERLITE AND OTHER JUNK FROM FALLING OUT
-- FIGURED I DO NOT WANT TO RUN A DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEM BECAUSE ITS SIMPLY TOO MANY LINES AND SOMETHING IS BOUND TO GO WRONG. SO I WILL SIMPLY FLOOD AND DRAIN.. GREAT METHOD FOR SOG
-- I LIKE AEROPONIC CLONING THEREFORE I CHOSE COCO AS MY MEDIUM AND THE FACT THAT I AM RELATIVELY COMFORTABLE WITH IT AS ALL MY PLANTS ARE DOING GREAT.. NO ROCKWOOL.. I HATE HUMIDITY DOMES RIGHT NOW LOL. 2L ARE FUN IF I LESS PLANTS RUNNING. GREAT EXPERIENCE THO! BUT ITS TIME TO ADVANCE EVERYWHERE.
-- THE POT ARE MEANT FOR HYDROPONICS OF COURSE AND ARE ROUGHLY THE SAME SIZE AS THE 2L JUST A BIT SHORTER WHICH IS ADVANTAGE TO ME.. BECAUSE I SEEN HOW MY STRAIN(S) GROW AND EAT SO I WONT BE SEEING ROOT BOUNDS (ALSO THE FACT THAT ROOTS CAN GROW OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE POT IF THEY PLEASE)
-- I ALREADY HAVE A 4X4 FLOOD TRAY AND A 4X8 FLOOD TRAY AND TWO 100 GALLON RESERVOIRS (OVERKILL BUT I WILL BE DROPPING MORE TRAYS SOON)
--NOW I CAN COMPLETELY SEPARATE THE MIXES AND WORK WITH THE NUTRIENTS PROPERLY! (BY THE WAY I REALIZED THEY WERE SMALLER BUDS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WERE THE BLACK DOMINA STRAIN! AS A MATTER OF FACT EVERYTHING IS PRETTY EVEN! I CAN'T TELL A DIFFERENCE.. ALL THE PLANTS (NOT BEING STUNTED BECAUSE OF THE 2L DWC AIR PRUNE ) ARE DOING GREAT.. I JUST PUT TOO MANY DOMINA ON THE BPN SIDE THAT IT MADE IT SEEM OVERALL SMALLER FLOWER.. BUT WHEN I FED AND REARRANGED I PUT ALL OF THEM TOGETHER AND REALIZED THE DIFFERENCES. BUT WE WILL RUN THIS COMPARISON AGAIN.. AND SAME STRAIN DIFFERENT NUTES TO GET THE ABSOLUTE FACTS!

2. CENTRAL A/C
-- BY THE TALENTED FRIENDS AND FAMILY I WAS ABLE TO GET CENTRAL A/C INTO THE ROOMS NOW.. TEMPS AND HUMIDITY ARE CONTROLLED ..BY ME NOW! SORRY MOTHER NATURE.. BUT YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO STAY OUTSIDE ! SAVES SO MUCH POWER AND NOW NO MORE DUMPING 50 GALLONS OF WATER OUT A DAY FROM ALL THE UNITS AND MACHINES I HAVE RUNNING.. ALL GONE! 4 TON TO THE RESCUE !

3. FUNGUS GNATS..
-- SNS TO THE RESCUE .. HAVE A FEW FLYERS.. YELLOW STICKY ALMOST HERE WITH THE POTS!

4. 4/25 PLANTS ON WEEK 6! FLUSH BEGINS!
-- FLUSH FOR THE NEXT WEEK AND THEN HARVEST AS THESE STRAINS ARE 6-7 WEEK STRAINS.. READY AT DAY 50 BUT I AM GOING TO GET ME A 60X MICROSCOPE AND CHECK OUT THING AND DECIDE IF I WANT TO PUSH IT A LITTLE FURTHER.. EITHER WAY BEGIN TO FLUSH

VEGGY ROOM

1. I HAVE 4 COCO MOMS IN 3 GALLONG BAGS UNDER 8 RACK T5's
-- THESE WILL REMAIN BEING HAND FED FOR THE TIME BEING..

2. NEW SET OF MOMS EBB&FLOW
-- GOT A 3X4 FLOOD TRAY READY FOR THE NEW MOMS

3. CENTRAL A/C!
-- AINT PLAYING ANYMORE GAMES WITH CLIMATE CONTROL

4. THE HORROR(S) OF GROWING
-- I HAVE LOST A SHIT LOAD OF CLONES DUE TO THE ROCKWOOL METHOD OF CLONING AND HUMIDITY DOMES..
-- MOLD!!!!
-- PESTS!!!!!
== I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS EXACTLY BUT ITS EATING MY CLONES!!!! ALL THERE FOLIAGE! SOME SORTA CATAPILLAR.. ROLEY POLY OR SOMESHITTT UGHHHHH! I HATE THIS! A BARRICADE MADE OF MESH WILL BE MADE TO PROTECT PLANTS FROM FOLIAGE EATER(S)

TO BE HONEST EVERYTHING BEING DONE IS SO STRESSFUL!.. BUT THE IDEA IS TO GET MAX BUDDHA OF GREAT POTENCY AND MAKE IT AUTOMATED!! THEN THE PRECIOUS TIME WILL BE SPENT ON MORE THOROUGH DETAILS, INSPECTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TO ACHIEVE BETTER HARVESTS IN AN ORGANIZED TIMELY FASHION.. STRESSS FREEE

GOTTA MAKE THIS FUN! ITS BEEN OVERWHELMING LATELY BUT
PLUG ALONG!!! AS A WISE MAN ONCE TOLD ME

:Namaste:

NOW FOR DETAILS ON CURRENT GROW:

MOST OF IT HAS BEEN COVERED UPTOP BUT THE OVERVIEW IS THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT HEALTH WISE.. CAME INTO OBSTACLES
1. FEEDING - TOO MANY PLANTS TO HANDFEED
2. NUTRIENT(S) COMPARISON -- NOT ENOUGH TO DATA, SIMPLY BECAUSE THE DIFFERENCE IN STRAINS ON EACH SIDE AND THE FACT THAT THEY WERE FED ON SAME PPMS, ALSO THE FIRST FEEDING WAS DONE WITH CYCO.. AND THE LAST FEEDING WAS CYCO.. SO NOT TOTAL BPN! THE GREAT THING IS THAT ALL PLANTS PRODUCED NICELY AND ARE ABOUT TO HARVEST BEAUTIFULLY! WILL DO CYCO VS. BPN ON NEXT RUN!
3. DEFOLIATION -- YEAH ONLY DEFOLIATED ONCE.. IT WAS LIKE ON DAY 26 OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE.. BUT ONCE AGAIN THEY WERE MOVED AROUND AND WERE NOT PROPERLY PLACED TO SEE IF IT WOULD MAKE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE.. AND THE STRAIN HAD ALMOST EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT.. NOT MAKING IT EVEN WITH THE STRAINS MADE ME SEE BPN AND CYCO DEFOLIATION NOT THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE BECAUSE IT WAS BLACK DOMINA STRAIN AND NOT SNOW.. THE THC SNOW PLANTS THAT WERE DEFOLIATED PRODUCED PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS THE NON-DEFOLIATED.. BUT THIS COMPARISON WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR TIMED NOR ORGANIZED ENOUGH TO ESTABLISH A DIFFERENCE.. I WILL DO SO.. ON THE NEXT RUN!!!

THIS WHOLE RUN WAS EXPERIMENTAL TO FIND OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO KNOW OF GROWING TO BE SECURED OF SUCCEEDING AND IMPROVING HARVESTS! WHICH I BELIEVE IS PRICELESS! NOW THAT I KNOW THESE THINGS I WILL APPLY ON MY NEXT GROW! WHICH SHOULD GIVE US ALL THE DATA WE WANT(ED) TO KNOW.

WHAT CAN I SAY GUYS.. FIRST GROW
:angel:

My only suggestion, if going to do an actual nute vs. nute comparison is to LABEL, LABEL, LABEL. Use the same strain, vegged the exact same length, flipped on the same day, same lights in veg and flower, etc... Basically everything, and I mean EVERYTHING must be identical, except for the nutes. That being the only variable will give you a good comparison grow. That and proper labeling/staking/nametags to keep them straight and you will have good data to report.

I know it seems like I'm nitpicking, but, I'm really not. If you're going to do a comparison that Corey can read, it has to be perfect. He needs good data, and that can only come from a perfect comparison.

That also means running your defoliation trial separately, unless you will have about 30 on each nutrient line 15 of which will get light defoliation on day 22 and full defoliation on day 45... on both sides. (15 BPN/15 CYCO)

As in all comparisons, large numbers are the key.

60 total plants from the same mother
30 for BPN (15 get defoliation)
30 for CYCO (15 get defoliation)

My next product in development is a B vitamin supplement with humic and fulvic acids. I just don't know what to call it or what the label should look like. If it were up to me I would just design a generic label and put what is in it but I have to have a fancy label with a cool name because unfortunately, marketing is a necessary part of this business.

Any ideas what would be a good name for a B vitamin supplement? B vitamins are super powerful growth enhancers. I have formulated over 10 new products that will greatly enhance growth and yield but the label designs are giving me trouble because I can't afford to hire an artist....

My next product in development is a B vitamin supplement with humic and fulvic acids. I just don't know what to call it or what the label should look like. If it were up to me I would just design a generic label and put what is in it but I have to have a fancy label with a cool name because unfortunately, marketing is a necessary part of this business.

Any ideas what would be a good name for a B vitamin supplement? B vitamins are super powerful growth enhancers. I have formulated over 10 new products that will greatly enhance growth and yield but the label designs are giving me trouble because I can't afford to hire an artist....

Might want to read up on the fulvic acid regulations for the states. California doesn't allow the sale or purchase of it.

As for the name of the B supp... why not BlueThrive? lol well, it's just what hit me.

Don't worry Bigpappa, ecommerce is how I roll ;)
I am well aware of the crazy state fertilizer regulations in some states.

I do put fulvic acid in my 2 part and I actually purchase the fulvic acids from a biotech company in California so there must be a way around that...besides mail order.

Back
Top Bottom