Bagseed 2L DWC-H

ilikebike

hey guys so i decided to try out this 2L DWC Hempy but with a small twist. My plant was started from seed in a JIFFY POD. I alternated it between the sunlight coming through my window and putting it under 30w cool blue florecent light when the sun goes down.

I recently saw Twelve12's Blog about the 2L DWC-H so i wanted to at least try it. I also am trying it with a tomato plant, its coming along for the ride!

100_09328.JPG
100_093311.JPG
100_09347.JPG
100_09359.JPG
100_09366.JPG

:thanks:

Great start! How far did you place the hempy hole on the bottom piece? I see the tomato plant is sharing the same jiffy pod unit. Best to sacrifice that one and let the bagseed grow alone in the jiffy unit.

i believe its 3 1/4'' down from the top on the bottom piece, its just enough so that the cap is fully submerged in the water and able to wick up through the medium .

I will cut that tomato plant out tomorrow.

woooo subbed!! :D

thanks mud pie lookin forward to the results

so its been roughly 5 days under (2) 15w Florecents and id have to say im pretty impressed by the rate of growth. If i had this under a half decent light im sure id have 4 or 5 nodes already.

The plant put on a few more sets of leaves, the second set of leaves looks really weried its just like one leave with a small leave. Looks like a deformiaty almost but its the same on both sides. You can kinda tell from the pics what im talking about.

I am noticing some discolred spots on the leaves. You hydro guys are gonna hate me but i have been using tap water with no pH adjustment so im sure its way to high.

The thing is i havent even started giving it nutrients yet so what are these spots from? is it from the bad pH levels, or maybe because i haven't given it nutrients yet?

Twelve12
I need your assistance! :::Fires up the T12 Signal:::

100_09643.JPG
100_09655.JPG
100_09665.JPG
100_09686.JPG
100_09674.JPG

Did you rinse the perlite and vermiculite before usage? The pH for hydro (this setup consider as hydro setup) best at 5.5-5.8 anything more or less will cause deficiency, since plants cannot absorb certain minerals. pH meter cost about $20 on ebay and yes you can start feeding her light nutrient.

Ok so i found my digital pH Tester, calibrated it and thing works spot on! So i got my pH around 5.8 then i added half strength dose of shultz liquid plant food 10-10-10 with micro nutrients in a gallon jug, will use that to feed with accordingly. The newer growth on top looks great not twisting like the larger fan leaves, looks healthy so far!

UPDATE:

8 days since i put the sprout in the 2L DWC-H.

24/0 Light Schedule

Height : 3.5''-4''

Put a curtain in front of the doors to help block light

I put a bigger strip florescent in exchange for one of the 15w strip lights and added a 27w clamp on CFL.

Pretty sure i got my pH problem situated, also started them on a low strength nutrient a few days ago.

What i have been doing is draining the resivoir every day and refilling with the low strength nutrient water. This way the water doesn't become stagnate. The only draw back i can see is it may be causing the plant stress by pulling it out every day and tipping it to drain the water out.

But i still see the plant growing so it must not be shocked at this point. Its gettin pretty warm in my area so i just dont want any algae or anything building up. Plus the minute or two that the bottle doesn't have any water in it is probably giving the roots oxygen.

The new growth looks great, nice and green and uniform.

The next set of leaves that were curling and had yellow spots seem to be ok, they haven't gotten any worse and the yellow spots turned brown but didn't spread to any other part of the leaf.

100_09728.JPG
100_09736.JPG
100_09744.JPG
100_09756.JPG
100_09765.JPG
100_09778.JPG

Looks like it's perking up a bit

thanks, i think im starting to get a handle on things, this is a good introduction to hydro for me, i have been strictly a soil guy (I do use an aerocloner though) but i feel like this system is very forgiving and obviously way cheaper.

I was just looking at pictures side by side and the plant is growing very fast considering its conditions. Like i said before if this was under a decent amount of light it would be taking off. I intend on adding a few more lights if i can.

Also i am going to try my luck with LST. Im going to poke tiny holes all around the rim of the 2L and just tie it off to the holes.

I really hope this plant is female so i can make it a mother and have a cool new strain in my garden but secretly i want it to be a male so i can collect pollen and create a strain!

ill be by to check your journal out in a mintue

Day 10/11 of Veg
24/0 Light/Dark
1/2 strength Shultz Liquid Plant Food 10-15-10

Drinking a good amount of water daily, i am still changing the reservoir out every day as well. The node growth is very compact and tight, the newer set of leaves is like right on top of the old ones, not sure if this is a good thing or not, i had it pretty close to the light so i backed of the light in hopes that it would stretch a little more. any ways heres some photos

100_09807.JPG

100_09797.JPG

100_09789.JPG

Back
Top Bottom