SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

OH i see how it is
DADDY DANK BUDS IS HOME!! ;)

FLOWERING UPDATE!!! THESE PICTURES ARE A FEW DAYS OLD BUT ITS WEEK 5 ERRYBODY!

HAHAHA

update more tonight! i'll take a few pics of whats going on.. lots of changes!!

and some data on the comparisons of nutrients and containers!

LOL toot your own horn why don't you!
I will have to agree with you about your opinion about your buds. Pretty, dank and juicy!

How 'bout an update on the defol vs. no defol too!?

FLOWERING UPDATE: DAY 41 ENTERING WEEK 5
bloom7.jpg

TSUNAMI OF GREEN
bloom14.jpg

THESE PHOTO(S) SHOULD BE IN A MAGAZINE! I CANT BELIEVE A LIL CELL PHONE COULD DO THIS!

bloom15.jpg

COLAS EVERYWHERE!

bloom7.jpg

I LOVE MY GIRLS!

HOW ABOUT WE TAKE THESE GIRLS UNDER THE T5's AND SEE WHAT THEY LOOKING LIKE! (ONCE AGAIN I FORGOT TO TAKE A PHOTO OF BLACK DOMINA! WILL DO TOMORROW AS WELL AS FULL PLANT PHOTOS TO SHOW SIZE)
bloom9.jpg

I LOVE THIS STRAIN! THC SNOW HAS GOT THE BEST BUD SMELL I HAVE EVER BEEN BLESSED TO BREATHE IN.. ITS SO FLAVORFUL! LEMONS AND SWEETNESS! MOUTH WATERING LIKE A SOUR CANDY! -- (THC SNOW DEF PACKS ON MORE WEIGHT THEN THE DOMINA.. BUT I BELIEVE THAT BLACK DOMINA MIGHT JUST BE ONE OF THE BEST BUDS I WILL EVER TRY.. THEY ARE COMPLETELY FROSTED OUT!!)
bloom11.jpg

I AM DEF CONSIDERING ENTERING A CONTEST THIS MONTH! IN ONE MORE WEEK I WILL HAVE THE BEST PIC OF THC SNOW AND BLACK DOMINA! SOOO EXCITED! WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!

HOW BOUT ONE UNDER NO LIGHT WITH THE FLASH ON .. THIS CAMERA PHONE GIVES ME GREAT PHOTOS UNDER HPS, T5 , AND NO LIGHT AT ALL!

bloom0.jpg

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?? ALL PLANTS ARE IN GREAT HEALTH! I AM REALLY ENJOYING THIS.. GOTTA SET UP FOR HARVEST! SOON TO COME!

NUTRIENT COMPARISON!
WELL THIS IS NOT GOING INTO MY FAVOR...
FOR THE PRICE I WAS REALLY HOPING THAT BPN WOULD BE THE BETTER NUTELINE!
NOT TO SAY UNFORTUNATELY BECAUSE I STILL HAVE MANY MORE TESTS AND COMPARISONS TO RUN.. BUT CYCO NUTRIENT IS EXCEEDING ALL OF MY EXPECTATIONS AND DELIVERING ME MORE FRUITFUL AND DENSER BUDS THEN BLUE PLANET.. THE COST IS SO MUCH MORE RETAILING AT $800 FOR THE ENTIRE LINE.. VERSUS $70 USING BPN! BUT FOR THIS RUN I SEE CYCO NUTRIENTS TAKING IT! (I AM GOING TO STEP UP THE NEXT BATCH TO SEE WHAT I CAN PUSH TO.. MAYBE A LIL MORE BPN OR IN MODIFY MY MIX FOR THE PLANTS..I'LL SEE!)

AS FAR AS THE 2L-DWC-H IT IS LOOKING LIKE A GREAT SUCCESS.. BUT REALIZED I PROBABLY WONT BE USING THIS METHOD! IT WAS A GREAT THEORY AND STILL WORKS! BUT THERE ARE MANY ASPECTS THAT NEED TO BE IMPROVED. SUCH AS THE WHOLES ON THE TOP HALF OF THE 2L.. I SUGGEST IF YOU DO THIS METHOD.. TRY NOT TO PUT WHOLES AT ALL THERE.. THOSE ROOTS WILL BECOME AIR PRUNED AND STUNT UR PLANT GROWTH BEFORE EVER HITTING THE RESERVOIR! (ALTHOUGH SOME MAY HIT) ALSO, SURPRISINGLY THERE ARE A FEW PLANTS THAT NEVER EVEN GREW THEIR ROOTS OUT OF THE TOP HALF AND INTO THE RESERVOIR! FOR SOME REASON A FEW STAYED WITHIN THE MEDIUM REFUSING TO COME DOWN RESULTING IN SMALLER PLANTS WITH SMALLER BUDS.. THEREFORE I SUGGEST MAKE THE WATER MARK HIGHER (WILL GIVE YOU MORE TIME BETWEEN FEEDINGS AS WELL) AND MAKE A BIGGGGG WHOLE ON THE LID AND LET MOST OF THE ROOTS RIDE THRU THAT PART! BUT A LOT OF PLANTS ARE DOING GREEAT! TOUCHDOWN ON THE RESERVOIR AND DRINK UP NICELY! I FEED EVERY OTHER DAY! AND THINGS ARE AMAZING IN THE GARDEN!

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK OF NUTRIENTS BEFORE THE FLUSH!!
:morenutes:

:420:
ALMOST THERE GUYS!

AS FAR AS THE 2L-DWC-H IT IS LOOKING LIKE A GREAT SUCCESS.. BUT REALIZED I PROBABLY WONT BE USING THIS METHOD! IT WAS A GREAT THEORY AND STILL WORKS! BUT THERE ARE MANY ASPECTS THAT NEED TO BE IMPROVED. SUCH AS THE WHOLES ON THE TOP HALF OF THE 2L.. I SUGGEST IF YOU DO THIS METHOD.. TRY NOT TO PUT WHOLES AT ALL THERE.. THOSE ROOTS WILL BECOME AIR PRUNED AND STUNT UR PLANT GROWTH BEFORE EVER HITTING THE RESERVOIR! (ALTHOUGH SOME MAY HIT) ALSO, SURPRISINGLY THERE ARE A FEW PLANTS THAT NEVER EVEN GREW THEIR ROOTS OUT OF THE TOP HALF AND INTO THE RESERVOIR! FOR SOME REASON A FEW STAYED WITHIN THE MEDIUM REFUSING TO COME DOWN RESULTING IN SMALLER PLANTS WITH SMALLER BUDS.. THEREFORE I SUGGEST MAKE THE WATER MARK HIGHER (WILL GIVE YOU MORE TIME BETWEEN FEEDINGS AS WELL) AND MAKE A BIGGGGG WHOLE ON THE LID AND LET MOST OF THE ROOTS RIDE THRU THAT PART! BUT A LOT OF PLANTS ARE DOING GREEAT! TOUCHDOWN ON THE RESERVOIR AND DRINK UP NICELY! I FEED EVERY OTHER DAY! AND THINGS ARE AMAZING IN THE GARDEN!

i was debating just chopping enough of the top to fit a 2" net pot and just sprout and grow from a single rockwool cube. slightly larger res, less medium mess.

that sounds like a pretty good idea to me! would deff allow those roots to explode out and use as much space as they want!

depending on how many plants you are going to grow you might want to consider your watering issues!

because I can tell you for sure it is a lot of water ..maybe even too much if your going to cut it right at the 2 inch wide mark!

thats almost 2L of nutrient solution! for every two its def a gallon of nutrient solution! which the plant (depending on pheno and veg time) will drink differently.. but either way i dont think any plant could drink all that water up quickly.. maybe too much water like i said.. def would consider not letting it sit in there either way.. if u are using multiple plants air stones wont really be an option.. i would def use hydrogen peroxide throughout the grow to keep things safer!

let me know how it goes..!

JUST CAME TO MIND! MAYBE A 1L in this case would be more efficient? depends on the overall height of the res whole (u want it as close as possible to where the roots can quickly submerge into once they leave the rockwool) and how high the plant sits to know how big ur reservoir will actually be.. nothing a tape measure and a few seconds cant figure out!

I was just thinking about that!
I didn't post it!

tomorrow I will take pictures showing the comparison..

as of right now I am not convinced in defoliation.. as a matter of fact I doubt I will be doing it unless I absolutely need to get rid of the fan leaf! Leave leaves alone! removal of healthy leaves hacks up a healthy plant. removing a large fan leaf or shade leaf does not make plants more productive even though this practice supplies more light to small leaves and growing tips. Plants need all their leaves to produce the maximum amount of chlorophyll and food. removing leaves slows chlorophyll production, stresses the plant (may not be that visible to the eye) but stress is a growth inhibitor so i don't want any at all near my plants!.. I dont think its the light beaming on the bud that makes it bigger its the photosynthesis that happens! and all those steps need to happen at the most optimum level.. therefore from now on i will leave my leaves until i have to without a doubt remove them

Remove spindly branches and growth that is not collecting light energy, including dead and dying leaves. pruning lower branches concentrates auxins in upper branches which forces growth upwards... so i would remove lower branches that do not recieve light plants will direct energy into buds.. so no more having multiple arms on the plants.. if you can get those branches off early in flowering to they get a nice single fat cola (which is what this sog is based off of)

those are my 2 cents

but 420fied, Twelve12 , and many others seem to have great/better results with defoliation.. i feel like something slowed down.. maybe..

oh well hope my info helps!!

pictures side by side tomorrow
so stay tuned!

Hi Spirit,
Nice grow !
I was wondering if you had any pics showing how to make a DWC 2L Hempy. I read the whole thread but did not see any close ups and I am having trouble visualizing this. Thanks.

Hey kimmy!

thanks a million!

I dont have them posted .. but I will take detailed pictures of how its done (better yet how I would do it now) for better results in plants!
and post it tomorrow as its 3:30am and its time for beg :)

long day tommorrow
stay tuned!

but twelve12 has a pretty good basic.. so if u can read off of that blog post that tweak showed u and i'll give my detailed explanation on what to alter to possibly get better results then me!
I can't complain tho everything seems to be going great in my garden!

LOTS OF LOVE is by far the most important :love:

check me out tomorrow!

I checked out 12/12's blog and that is pretty awesome. I have always heard that you needed airstones in DWC or they would die rather quickly. Looks like you guys are on to something !!

As far as the airstone.. it is not necessary!

the reservoir is so much smaller then the average DWC buckets that are normally used!

You have enough oxygen when you top feed and colder water (66-70F is what i like to use)
Gravity pulls the water thru ur medium opening pores and pockets of air as it works its way down bring in oxygen , plus with the cold water (it has more oxygen then warm water) should create enough oxygen for the roots to thrive in!

depending on your medium it will also assist you! i use coco because it very unlikely to overwater and retains moisture nicely but mix it half with perlite to assure my aeration within my medium..really helps adding like 20-25% more oxygen than having the coco by itself

Last but not least if you are pretty unsure still you can always use a 3% solution of H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide) sold over the counter at any pharmacy just remember to dilute with water first!! and then add it to your feeding/reservoir, it also aids those roots from getting and infections/diseases while adding that extra oxygen for your roots to boom in!

hope that helps!

picture updates and data via comparisons tonight!!

stay classy!

Hmm good thoughts on the defoliation, I think I will continue it personally til i can invest in have a really set "weather conditions" I have subtle heat issues and with the small res and crowded plants it can start to perpetate a little PM at the end.(nothing i wasnt able to easily get rid of) But the defoliation opens them up for more air flow and helps keep the humidity down :D I think i might try a side by side defoliation vs not under my t5s the hps just produces to much heat til i can get some inline fans n shit.

[SIZE=5 said:
NUTRIENT COMPARISON![/SIZE]
WELL THIS IS NOT GOING INTO MY FAVOR...
FOR THE PRICE I WAS REALLY HOPING THAT BPN WOULD BE THE BETTER NUTELINE!
NOT TO SAY UNFORTUNATELY BECAUSE I STILL HAVE MANY MORE TESTS AND COMPARISONS TO RUN.. BUT CYCO NUTRIENT IS EXCEEDING ALL OF MY EXPECTATIONS AND DELIVERING ME MORE FRUITFUL AND DENSER BUDS THEN BLUE PLANET.. THE COST IS SO MUCH MORE RETAILING AT $800 FOR THE ENTIRE LINE.. VERSUS $70 USING BPN! BUT FOR THIS RUN I SEE CYCO NUTRIENTS TAKING IT! (I AM GOING TO STEP UP THE NEXT BATCH TO SEE WHAT I CAN PUSH TO.. MAYBE A LIL MORE BPN OR IN MODIFY MY MIX FOR THE PLANTS..I'LL SEE!)

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK OF NUTRIENTS BEFORE THE FLUSH!!
:morenutes:

I know you said Cyco looks like it was going to take this run, are you going to post any side by side comparisons so we can see? Or am I blind and just missed it? I guess the question would def be, does Cyco make the buds $730 better!

I know you said Cyco looks like it was going to take this run, are you going to post any side by side comparisons so we can see? Or am I blind and just missed it? I guess the question would def be, does Cyco make the buds $730 better!

I was thinking the same thing! At more than 10x the price it better grow buds 10x as dank! :rofl: There is NOTHING that justifies that cost...other than the fact that cannabis growers buy into the marketing, and will pay it...

:Namaste:

First let me say, your meds look beautiful.

Second, holy carp! I was getting irritated that I'll have to buy my 3rd bottle of molasses and organic kelp! I think together they are almost $15... The rest of my nutes are a gifted bottle of OC+... I feel poor now lol

As far as the airstone.. it is not necessary!

the reservoir is so much smaller then the average DWC buckets that are normally used!

You have enough oxygen when you top feed and colder water (66-70F is what i like to use)
Gravity pulls the water thru ur medium opening pores and pockets of air as it works its way down bring in oxygen , plus with the cold water (it has more oxygen then warm water) should create enough oxygen for the roots to thrive in!

depending on your medium it will also assist you! i use coco because it very unlikely to overwater and retains moisture nicely but mix it half with perlite to assure my aeration within my medium..really helps adding like 20-25% more oxygen than having the coco by itself

Last but not least if you are pretty unsure still you can always use a 3% solution of H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide) sold over the counter at any pharmacy just remember to dilute with water first!! and then add it to your feeding/reservoir, it also aids those roots from getting and infections/diseases while adding that extra oxygen for your roots to boom in!

hope that helps!

picture updates and data via comparisons tonight!!

stay classy!

1/2 TBSP 3% Hydrogen Peroxide/GAL water for constant use. Any stronger and over time it will damage the root's ability to uptake nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom