2 L DWC-H Test Grow OneLove

LIght is bad for roots, why have you not covered that 2l bottle at the bottom?? any reason?

oh ok, cool!
if you want to get even more technical with this study you should actually take some clones of a same plant and use those two as variables, that way if you pic two clones with the same root growth and used them you could make even more conclusive results =)

its nice when people share experiments like this.
thanks.

If I am understanding you correct, I think Im already doing what youre suggesting. I've got 4 clones from same mother Northern light, cut same day, and rootet out before put in DWC-H all together. 3 paintet black too block light from res, and one without too see how much damage and difference there would bee if any..
Its a little exiting too follow, I think they are doing great, will be interresting. Its been said they should be able too throw off 20 gr dried each, if treatet proberly.

Looking good JS. It was stated that with this technique you should be able to miss a day or so without watering. From ur pics I believe this might be true for another week or so but as they begin to drink more it seems like the res. will deplete pretty quickly. And by the way those roots are looking you might be giving daily feedings b4 long just to keep the roots closer to the bootle cap moist. One thing that I have noticed about almost all of these DWC-H test is that for the most part the look healthy as hell. I was looking back at your pics and if those are the same clones in there the stretch difference might be from one being in a cube and one looks to have been done in a cloner. Correct? The one in the cube seems to be much tighter. Or mabe it could just be how they were placed in ur lighting. 20g dry is the goal but 12/12 had some hefty lighting that would make it alot easier to achieve. Since they are being grown from clone to straight flower I dont understand why more water would give u bigger yields than more medium? Both have a res. and the plant can only drink so much at a given time. Only possibility I see is that they fill up the entire res with roots and and in some ways that could be undesirable. I believe the theory behind DWC is a bucket of highly (oxygenated) water fueling fast growth. But the DWC-H is recieving the same oxygen ratio as a normal hempy bucket. Keep coming with the res. pics. Will be interesting to see how it ends up looking in the next 10 days. My money is on you will be feeding daily after the next 2 weeks. More root=more water.

Looking good JS. It was stated that with this technique you should be able to miss a day or so without watering. From ur pics I believe this might be true for another week or so but as they begin to drink more it seems like the res. will deplete pretty quickly. And by the way those roots are looking you might be giving daily feedings b4 long just to keep the roots closer to the bootle cap moist. One thing that I have noticed about almost all of these DWC-H test is that for the most part the look healthy as hell. I was looking back at your pics and if those are the same clones in there the stretch difference might be from one being in a cube and one looks to have been done in a cloner. Correct? The one in the cube seems to be much tighter. Or mabe it could just be how they were placed in ur lighting. 20g dry is the goal but 12/12 had some hefty lighting that would make it alot easier to achieve. Since they are being grown from clone to straight flower I dont understand why more water would give u bigger yields than more medium? Both have a res. and the plant can only drink so much at a given time. Only possibility I see is that they fill up the entire res with roots and and in some ways that could be undesirable. I believe the theory behind DWC is a bucket of highly (oxygenated) water fueling fast growth. But the DWC-H is recieving the same oxygen ratio as a normal hempy bucket. Keep coming with the res. pics. Will be interesting to see how it ends up looking in the next 10 days. My money is on you will be feeding daily after the next 2 weeks. More root=more water.

Yeah I've had these in cubes, but they all where. They had a little veg time in a small hempy cup 1-2 weeks i think.
I think the stretch diff is due too lighting. Which will proberly set me way off the 20 g mark as you mentioned as well.
But yeah, seems very healthy and develops fast.
I'll post some new pics tomorrow, rootgrowth is amazing :)

Take a look at this pretty little girl:love: Northern Lights DAY 19

12040401.jpg

12040398.jpg

12040396.jpg

Defoiliation coming up in a couple of days :peace:

You might want to knock off 7 days and call them 2 weeks today or maybe 2 1/2. GLR works wonders. I remember u saying it took 4 or 5 days to show signs. Damn thats fast!

I've just been up in the growroom, one of th mothers are showing signs of mg deff. Would you reccommend revervse osmose too get the full control. I am struggeling too keep ph stable in 2l hempy bottles as well. What do you know about advanced nutrients and there sensi ph perfect line? I would like too take off measuring time when feeding. I cant seem 2 figure a smart automated feeding systen, as long I cant control the ph from going up? I would like too keep a 200 - 600 liter res, so I only would have too switch a button when i come too feed. I got everything figured out exept too keep the ph stable without adjusting every other day? thoughts TipTopper? oh yeah they are 20 days equal 2 three weeks, not sure I understand what u meán about knockin a week off the flowering time?

I've just been up in the growroom, one of th mothers are showing signs of mg deff. Would you reccommend revervse osmose too get the full control. I am struggeling too keep ph stable in 2l hempy bottles as well. What do you know about advanced nutrients and there sensi ph perfect line? I would like too take off measuring time when feeding. I cant seem 2 figure a smart automated feeding systen, as long I cant control the ph from going up? I would like too keep a 200 - 600 liter res, so I only would have too switch a button when i come too feed. I got everything figured out exept too keep the ph stable without adjusting every other day? thoughts TipTopper? oh yeah they are 20 days equal 2 three weeks, not sure I understand what u meán about knockin a week off the flowering time?

I was just saying to start counting flowering days when u saw first pistols. Would help give u a more accurate time of how long they take to finish. Far as switching nutes, it might or might not solve ph problem. If you are feeding everyday or everyother it probably isnt that big of a deal as long as ph is going in at a good ph. I gave up on watching ph of res. a long time ago. It only complicates things as from what I have learned it hardly ever reads the same going in as coming out. The main thing I focus on is getting a good flush everyweek so salts do not accumulate. In my opinion the only way to really control a res. is to have a pure hydro set up. Are u hand watering? That would be a pain in the ass with all of those.

Also, how long have ur mothers been in those 2l's? Are they in coco or perl/vermi. mix? What are ur feed ppms? They look large so maybe it is time to either trim them all the way down or use some of the clones u have to start new moms.

Ahh now I get it:high-five: That will set them at 16 days inn now..
Yeah that could be my problem, the first three weeks they did not get flushed. We will see how 2. Batch reacts.
Going much better stretch wise already, rack under 400 is packcing up rack under 150 stretching too much as expected lik 1.batch with lightz too high from getgo.
I am only handwatering the 7 mothers. I think they have done there part up in here flowering room is almost packed tight. Gives me a couple of extra weeks too raise new mothers before needing new clones.
I have a 50 liter res which i fill with my premix 15 liter per batch. Got a pump in the res connected too a hose and a timer too switch on and off.I just drag the hose from last row too front row, feeding 3 sec over each bottle.
thats going great, but its mixing and adjusting 3 different premix there takes the time.
mothers are in verm\perlite. Feeding around 1000ppm 5.8ph

Ahh now I get it:high-five: That will set them at 16 days inn now..
Yeah that could be my problem, the first three weeks they did not get flushed. We will see how 2. Batch reacts.
Going much better stretch wise already, rack under 400 is packcing up rack under 150 stretching too much as expected lik 1.batch with lightz too high from getgo.
I am only handwatering the 7 mothers. I think they have done there part up in here flowering room is almost packed tight. Gives me a couple of extra weeks too raise new mothers before needing new clones.
I have a 50 liter res which i fill with my premix 15 liter per batch. Got a pump in the res connected too a hose and a timer too switch on and off.I just drag the hose from last row too front row, feeding 3 sec over each bottle.
thats going great, but its mixing and adjusting 3 different premix there takes the time.
mothers are in verm\perlite. Feeding around 1000ppm 5.8ph

How much shorter do u think the 2nd batch will be than the 1st batch of cookies? I need some root pics JS! Flush them moms out and put them outside if u can. May want to cut them down to half as they would be huge come end of sept. Sweet thing about is since u are already using GLR they shouldn't flower on u too early. The GLR cycle is probably the way to go when transplanting from inside to outside long as u are getting bout 14 hours of sun per day which should be coming up soon if not already.

Just a thought on the res. Maybe give this a try. Fill res. all the way up with ur full stength mix. Feed ur 1st. batch. Dillute with r/o water until you hit desired ppm, ph mix, and feed 2nd batch. Dillute with r/o water until u hit desired ppm, ph, then feed ur last batch. It is not necessary to use r/o water when mixing ur first full strength res. But would be more ideal to use r/o water when dilluting because u dont want to add more cal.mg. coming from ur tap unless u deem it necessary. Long as u are using same nutrients for all of them this should work nicely. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom