Multi-Plant Recirculating DWC Test

Here's a few pics of the roots before I threw them in the trash.

046_catku_d51fh_roots.JPG
Though I read once of use for roots in a topical salve, too bad there's no market value.
Such a mass needed pump-driven circulation to be; bubble stones just won't cut it.

The end result was 10 grams over 20 ounces tdw. The buds are super frosty and the coloration is a silver lime-green. The density is heavy with no fluff and smell is hard to contain. There was no unuseable popcorn bud and the trimwork was easy and done by hand to create the best looking bag appeal. This is a awesome weed to boot, has a complex high. I have to say that overall I am please with this project in both diy and bud. The grow was easy with little complications that always seem to plague diy units and even though the plants were stretchy, they were easily controlled and produced well. The strain I chose for this run I couldn't be more pleased with and to have something so superior to give to friends and family before the holidays makes things even more special.

Here are some pics.

009_cataract_kush.JPG

004_cataract_kush.JPG

005_cataract_kush.JPG

006_cataract_kush.JPG

007_cataract_kush.JPG

012_cataract_kush.JPG

015_cataract_kush.JPG

025_cataract_kush.JPG

This is my btom nomination pics in a quote with a pretty good description of the high along with taste, smell and overall look.

This is Cataract Kush. It was recently grown in a diy rdwc system.Multi-Plant Recirculating DWC Test
The plants really stretched but was easily controlled and the nugs came out fat and dense and full of trichomes. The smell is extremely strong and acrid, reminds me of pepper and pineapple with a musky aftertone. The taste is strong and acrid. Its almost sour with hints of pine and spice. I would say its one of the better tasting weeds out there. If you ever had LA cheese its similar to that with a completely different high effect. The high was so strong and indica on the cheese it was nicknamed the partycrusher. The cateract kush high is more complicated so its not real easy to describe. When I take my first toke its almost like the feeling of having a warm electric blanket wrapped around me. Second toke and I feel nice and cozy (pretty fuckin relaxed)with a buzzy feeling right below the skullcap, but not tired at all and feel like I can take on projects and focus. As long as I don't overdo it I am able to get shit done without trying to put it off to the next day. This is a awesome day weed. When I overdo and really chief out my bowl it makes me giddy and cheerful. The up high is really in overdrive but always stays just below mindblowing making it fun without any headspin. This is really impressive weed thats complexed enough for a conesoir to constantly enjoy but won't destroy your day. I give her 2 green thumbs up in bag appeal, smell and high.

cataract_kush_005.JPG

033_cataract_kush.JPG

The main thing I would do different with this diy system would be to remove the plant and container in the center and stick with two rows. I put the smallest plant there but she never really took off and plant size and root mass was half compared to the other 4. I don't know if it was the plants competing for light or the waterflow was too high in that area. It was also the main area where I had my root clog issue. The root clog issue only happened once and was easily corrected by pulling the roots away. What brought my attention and found the problem was how the pump was making noise, a drop in ph, and visual inspection found 2 containers low and the center container very low, almost drained.

This journal is now complete and should be moved to the finished journal section.
If you enjoyed this journal please rate this thread so it can stick out so others can find.
If you have questions or comments, I am only a post away lol.(Been enjoying the product)
If you wish to see my next rdwc grow, its in my DarkStar Project.DarkStar Project - Advanced Growing
Thank you for looking over my journal.

Mr. Smith,
Your awesome! I basically joined 420mag to follow your threads. Great work. I look forward to seeing your vert. unit in action again. I'm going to be building, or testing my luck at it anyway, a smaller version of it that can be contained in a 4x4 tent.

Anyway great grow! Please continue to be inspiration for new growers. :thanks:

Simply beautiful. Nicely done my friend. You're cleaning my clock in the NOTM contest with that terrific looking Cataract Kush. I'd like to grow that someday - LA Con and OGK seems like a really nice marriage of 2 great strains.

+rep, and you got a 5 star rating from me. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom