1 Plant DIY Recirculating DWC Test

Sowed 2 (T.H.Seeds)Darkstar seeds. Put them right to rapid rooters, covered them and set under flourotubes. DarkStar Project starts when seed pops from medium. It will be a start from seed end with bud story so it will be one of those long journals. I hope its more popular than this journal.

I have 4 DarkStars in the mom tent waiting for the new tent and light to arrive. They've been vegging for about 5 weeks, so they are looking forward to a new home. I'll be keeping an eye on your as well for comparison.

That will be awesome Stevehman. I'll post a link once the project starts. I have two chances for a female and two chances for a purple pheno. You have four and they are already old enough to tell sex and flower.(ENVY)
The DarkStar Project is comepletely seperate from this grow op.
In the next day or 2 I'll be germing some seed to grow in the DIY DWC expansion using kitty litter containers and the diy I am using now. If I can get that started I'll post a link for that too.

Today is day 25 in flower. The buds are formed and really starting to build. Expanding body growth should start to really slow down now. All the plants are really fat and bushy.
Daily check
DWC 1020ppm 5.8ph
EBB 990ppm 5.8ph (added 35ml DNB to bring up number)
No nute burns or issues so far.

Group shot. Forgot to move the front bulb.
1p_dwc_gT_d25_f_group.JPG

Buds shots.
Sage. Its the plant in the middle
1p_dwc_gT_d25_f_001_sage.JPG

Another sage pic
1p_dwc_gT_d25_f_002_sage.JPG

Pineapple express on the right side
1p_dwc_gT_d25_f_001_Rt_PE.JPG

Pineapple express on the left. The cola in the background is the other side of the plant.
1p_dwc_gT_d25_f_001_Leftt_PE.JPG

I didn't get a pic of the PE in the back but I am thinking that all 4 plants will be good yeilders when finished.

Dude, I don't know what you are talking about. I just checked your grow and it looks to be a good one.

Prop, you keep giving me rep and I can't seem to rep ya back. Thank you.
I'll get you back when I am able. I appreciate your comments and good knowledge about growin. You have been a great help since when I have first met ya. My grow methods are a little weird but its not like it hasn't been done before and the results haven't been bad. Not very long ago I was having alot of problems and ok to poor yeilds. It made me question everything I know and made me ask myself "What The Fuck am I doing Wrong, I use to be good at this". It took 6 grows to find my problem. Because of how long I have been growing and how I was constantly expanding my grow operation I started buying nutes in bulk and would buy the biggest bottle of everything. I ended up with certain bottles of nutes and boosters that were over 2 years old and some of it went bad. I had to throw away a couple hundred dollars worth of shit. I was so mad. Because of temp issues, mistakes I made(neglect), and everything else that went wrong it really made me question everything I know about growing. It was because of bad nutes and shit. The floramicro would develop clumps and cause ph issues and nute problems, The superthrive would cause grey slime in 7 to 10 days. A bottle of florakleen had something growing in it. My oldest bottle was flora gro(green). The last bottle was 4 years old and never opened, not sure if it was bad but I don't want to find out. I now label a date on my boosters like nitrazyme and buy enough nutes for 2 to 3 grows. Now that I am sure what my problem was I decided to make growing more interesting to me and is why I am doing these diy test grows and only test boosters or addons seperately unless I already know they are stackable. One of the reasons I decided to try Dynagro is because its a 1 part nute and you can't make it any easier than that. Sorry for rambling on but I am kinda lonely today, wife and kids are away and I am not used to a empty house so I am stuper high and using the comp.

Have you thought about (or tried) MaxiBloom by General Hydroponics? It is a dry formula and supposedly you can use it alone the entire grow at 7 grams per gallon of water (per Lucas formula). If you keep the container in a dry non-humid location the powder will last much longer than any premixed liquid nutrient. I am thinking about trying it for my next RDWC grow.

Here is a webpage with more information Lucas Formula Website

Dude, I don't know what you are talking about. I just checked your grow and it looks to be a good one.

Thanks for the compliment and the reps. I was just really impressed with all the white hairs against the beautiful green leaves. Makes me want to do better - or try that strain. I'll be waiting for your smoke report. Can't give you anymore rep - so I gave your thread a 5 star rating :)

Thankyou Mr Smith. Your contributions are a treat, ie: my recent harvest dissapointed, using Lucas from some veteran GH Flora bottles. That will be fixed, and some lazy-ass issues.
I'm really liking your bare bulbs on trees treatment with PE, and SAGE seems wonderful by the catalog copy.
I'm drawn to try single cola SOG with PE, encouraged by your flooded tube vert results. I'll try Bushmaster for the first time.
Don't rep me please. My accumulation is embarassingly massive. I feel the :love: and like it :adore:

I am taking alot of pics so I watch the bud development and learn what weeks/days it grows fasted and when it slows down and ripens. At least thats what I am going for.

Today is day 35 in flower.
Here are the pics.

group
1p_dwc_gT_d35_f_001_group.JPG

pe
1p_dwc_gT_d35_f_008_pe.JPG

pe
1p_dwc_gT_d35_f_009_pe.JPG

sage
1p_dwc_gT_d35_f_010_sage.JPG

sage front view
1p_dwc_gT_d35_f_010_sage.JPG

pe in back
1p_dwc_gT_d35_f_012_pe.JPG

Hope you enjoy. No real problems except for ph lowering in the dwc but I have been able to keep up on it.
Glad I was able to get up to date, when you fall behind alot of pics and info never gets put into the journal.

:popcorn:

Hi Mr. Smith -

First of all, your plants look great as always. I love that you experiment with hydro - I have that same fascination and similar thoughts for the future. You're just several steps ahead of me... ;)

What do you think of your recirculating DWC test so far? Compared to Ebb N Gro?

I just saw a bunch of 20 liter (5.3 gallon) kittly litter buckets (square with hinged lids) at the store yesterday, and almost ended up purchasing about 210 lbs. of kitty litter. I want to basically create my own version of the CCH20 under current (similar to your DWC unit here) with the kitty litter buckets, 2" uniseals, etc. I'm obsessed with getting this project done at some point down the road. :) Will have to wait for now though...

In the mean time, I'll see how the Flo N Gro (Ebb n Gro style) thing works for me. I'm hoping I can pick your brain for advice now and then...

BTW - Didn't I read you used to be Urededpal? I think I remember you from when I first joined... Anyway, I've been lurking your grows for a while. Needed to be subbed to this one. You got my vote on POTM with that tubular wall of buds thing you did - that my friend was pretty awesome, but I'm sure a ton of work for you! Congrats again on an even BETTER yield than you initially thought with that. :thumb:

Thanks Magic beans, good luck on your grow. I wish I can tell ya how it smells but I just harvested some LA Cheese and at the moment its overpowering the smell from the plants. The Shit smells STOKED, freakin awesome.

Thanks Prop. Send me a link whenever you decide to record another grow.

Xlr8, Thank you. I feel like I am running out of time to do grows at these sizes and I have pondered doing grows like this for some time. I decided to say fuck it and have fun with the grows. DIY is fun and I am a build a better mousetrap guy lol.
Ebbngro is super easy, problems are less and you can get the most out of your seed with fewer hassles. The vert tube has some flaws, when plants are first transplanted into the machine the roots need to be long enough to get good and wet. A new water delivery system like drip might fix the problem or start veg in another grow system until root lengh is achieve. The problem is not growing the roots long enough during cloning but growing roots long enough when set in medium and 3 inch net.
I have 2 kitty litter buckets so far and will get more soon. I have a aero grow and a ebb grow plus I might open up the vertube again before I do another dwc grow. I still might beat you to it lol.
I can try to help but I don't think you really need it, I water cycle up to 7 times this late in the game. Plant asperation is heavy even with only 3 plants in the system. Let me know if you have a Q.
I am a old member on this site. I have had a few names and Urdedpal was one of them. I have been a newshawk, moderator, growmod and grow support. Now I am just a regular member that likes to grow weed. Thanks again.

Day 37 in flower.
1p_dwc_gT_d37_f_003.JPG

PH has been dropping to 4.4ph within one night. It started minor dropping last week and dropped below 5.0 2 days ago. Only thing I have been able to do is add ph up until ph is between 5.8 and 6.0. I only get a chance to check and adjust once a day.
Waterchange today and used the time to rinse roots in the dwc with rodi water.
Set nutes to 980ppm in dwc and 958 in ebb.
One of the reasons why I don't go over 1000ppm during waterchange is because I am not topping off but letting plant asperation richen nute mix over time. By the time I am doing waterchange my ppm is beween 1100 and 1300ppm. I still do grows where I top off, but not this current one. When I top off I see ppm drop and adjust as needed.

Thank you Stevehman. There are only 4 plants and they are not very tall but they are wide and I would consider large for indoors. The 2 darkstar are popped and vegging with 4 dutchpassion blueberry and 1 g13lab's sour ak. I have 4 la cheese germing for a aerogro also.

Pics of day 40 in flower.

group
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_002_group.JPG

One of the main colas on the left PE
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_005_lt_pe.JPG

Another cola on the left PE
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_006_lt_pe.JPG

A cola on the right PE
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_007_rt_pe.JPG

Another cola on the right PE
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_008_rt_pe.JPG

Another on the right PE
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_009_rt_pe.JPG

Here's a pic of the PE behind the sage. I moved the left PE to take these pics. She's the heaviest looking PE plant.
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_015_bk_pe.JPG

Here's a bud of the back PE
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_016_bk_pe.JPG

A lower lateral branch
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_017_bk_pe.JPG

A cola of the back PE
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_018_bk_pe.JPG

Another lateral
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_019_bk_pe.JPG

The back side of the sage plant
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_022_sage.JPG

Another angle of the back side of the sage
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_023_sage.JPG

The right side of the sage
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_024_sage.JPG

The left side of the sage, upward view
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_025_sage.JPG

Top view of the sage
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_026_sage.JPG

Another top view. You can see the PE plants surrounding the sage. The sage is now 3.5foot wide by 4foot wide. She's a bushy bitch.
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_014_topview.JPG

random sage bud
1p_dwc_gT_d40_f_010_sage_bud.JPG

PH is still dropping daily in the dwc. Worst reading was 4.3ph. I am correcting ph with over 40ml of ph up and setting it at 5.9 to 6.1ph. There is about twenty gallons of water in the system.

Youre ph might be dropping but youre obviously staying on it cuz those plants still look super healthy. Those look like some freakin outdoor monsters!! If we dont ever hear from mr. Smith again, its because he got rolled and smoked by a vengeful marijuana plant.

I've got three Darkstars in my current tent grow in hempys. I got them as freebies so I am very curious how they will perform. I definitely have a couple different phenos going on in there. I'll take a few cutting to clone out some moms from the two best looking of the three and then when I have a yield, I'll keep the best of those two as a mom for a future SOG grow.

Are you going to get the wall-o-buds operational this fall once temps drop? I'd like to see the beast back in action--very impressive.

I've got three Darkstars in my current tent grow in hempys. I got them as freebies so I am very curious how they will perform. I definitely have a couple different phenos going on in there. I'll take a few cutting to clone out some moms from the two best looking of the three and then when I have a yield, I'll keep the best of those two as a mom for a future SOG grow.

Are you going to get the wall-o-buds operational this fall once temps drop? I'd like to see the beast back in action--very impressive.

Dark Star Project. If I get a girl I am vegging her for over 2 months so I have the ability to take enough clones to do a single strain run in the satelite vert tube. I hope to start the vert sometime in October/November.
Please send me a link or let me know where I can see your darkstar plants. I also took advantage when the thseed freebies came out. I have grown from thseeds get before and was please with their strain versions. I have to asume you also have the other freebies too. We have alot of seed in common lol. I own alot of DNA Genetics seed too because I like freebies lol. Grew alot of la cheese. The stuff is awesome but the plants are super stretchy or short, some go upup and away while others grow half the verticle height but bud looks and taste the same. Makes for a wild looking grow with the most uneven canopy.

Dark Star Project. If I get a girl I am vegging her for over 2 months so I have the ability to take enough clones to do a single strain run in the satelite vert tube. I hope to start the vert sometime in October/November.
Please send me a link or let me know where I can see your darkstar plants. I also took advantage when the thseed freebies came out. I have grown from thseeds get before and was please with their strain versions. I have to asume you also have the other freebies too. We have alot of seed in common lol. I own alot of DNA Genetics seed too because I like freebies lol. Grew alot of la cheese. The stuff is awesome but the plants are super stretchy or short, some go upup and away while others grow half the verticle height but bud looks and taste the same. Makes for a wild looking grow with the most uneven canopy.
The Darkstar are in the front row of my Grow 5.1 journal, I'll have to create a map of the strains. Here's my short list in the seed bank:
[FONT=&quot]Dutch Passion The Ultimate Feminized
Dutch Passion Twilight Feminized
Barneys Farm El Ess Dee Feminized [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk Feminized
G13 Labs Gigabud Feminized
G13 Labs Hypnotic Feminized[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]G13 Labs Sour AK Feminized[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]G13 Labs Blue Venom Feminized
Big Buddha Cheesus Feminized
EVA Seeds Missing Feminized
TH Seeds Burmese Kush Feminized[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T H Seeds Kushage
T H Seeds S.A.G.E Feminized
T H Seeds Heavy Duty Fruity[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T H Seeds Darkstar
Dinafem Seeds Diesel
Dinafem Seeds White Widow
Dinafem Seeds Powerkush
Dinafem Seeds Blue Hash

Going to work through them to find my top 5 producers, and then build a clone army.
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom