Nwgrower's Medical 10k Grow

Subscribed, your grow is "great" as in "Great Northwest".
Question Nwgrower420: Why did you choose not to run cool tubes to keep out some of the heat? Keep in mind that I'm a rookie that has not started his first grow. Thank you for your time and a very informative journal.

Cool tubes leave a lot to be desired; As a fellow rookie i found that out the hard way. In my tests, it took 10 degrees celcius off my final figure which, when you consider that my temps can spike at 37c, is a drop in the bucket.

Question Nwgrower420: Why did you choose not to run cool tubes to keep out some of the heat? Keep in mind that I'm a rookie that has not started his first grow. Thank you for your time and a very informative journal.

I would like for Nwgrower to answer this question as im curious also.

NWGrower is using a 4.5 ton AC and 16 oscillating fans in the shipping container. I'm sure this is how he keeps his room temps at the levels he does

NWG is running a 4.5ton AC with i think 16 oscillating fans he said? So i'm sure this is how he is able to keep temps down using bare bulbs.

Cool tubes leave a lot to be desired; As a fellow rookie i found that out the hard way. In my tests, it took 10 degrees celcius off my final figure which, when you consider that my temps can spike at 37c, is a drop in the bucket.

Maybe if your bucket was minature.

you wouldn't even be able to grow cannabis efficiently in your crazy ass temps EQ.. I know, you told me what they get!

that 10c drop in temps due to the CoolTubes is just what will allow you to grow decent cannabis with your temperatures!

It also allows plants to get much closer to the light without worrying about a bulb burning them.

I've seen lots of people use them without the reflectors as a vertical light with great results.

And as long as you suck cool air from outside your grow area over the bulbs, you will significantly reduce the amount of heat your lights emit on your plants

But having a huge ass AC and almost 2 dozen fans is another great way to keep the temps optimal

Yes you can use the Cooltube without the reflector, and just the glass tube, as a vertical light.

I mentioned in my previous post that it is very effective because the CoolTubes allow the light to get closer without the intense heat stressing them. Working well for large plants, where the edges of the canopy might not get enough coverage

Well the main reason is this is the only one that Is "mine" I setup and manage others but there not mine.. but I will take some pics of some of them and upload some pics! I just recently got a "master Gardner" job with a legal 502 garden here in wa state so will upload some pics of that as well. A 300 acre outdoor RDWC. It will be an adventure to say the least! And as for seeing different setups... There all pretty much identical... Some minor differences. That's one of the reasons I finally spent the money and built my own.. I wanted to experience with some other strains in this system. And I will once I make my investment back... I know this strain produces.

I live in WA state and I thought the biggest legal license you could have was 21,000 square feet, that a bit less then 300 acres?

Alright yall sorry I been away.. I will answer some questions Tonight and update tomorrow sometime!

To start off yes its 21,000... of plant canopy... from my understanding anyway..

Second, yes Greenthumb I run a 4.5 ton ac, and only ten fans.. I was going to run 16 but there was no need...

Third, cool tubes dont have the footprint I wanted in the container. They can and do work great.. just not my style. For a vertical grow they work fantastic. And Cooling was the least of my concern with that size of unit... I love these magnum xxl liners. Have used them for a couple yesrs now. I do like the gavita pro as well...

So I've been swamped lately tryin to get the time to update this! I will tomorrow for sure!

I rented a bud trimmer from my buddy before I buy one to see how well they really work.. I was using a centurion pro... and let me tell you what, thing absolutely kicks ass! I did roughly 5 lbs of outdoor in about 4 hrs with one other person. So im definitely sold. I dont know what one im going to buy yet but I plan on getting one.

Update coming 10/11/14 to a computer near you! :ganjamon:

Alright yall sorry its been so long! I've beem ridiculously busy lately. Tough to find the time for the little things...

Everythings as usual... had some light micro deficiencies, started adding %25 more A to the tank. And seems to be doing the trick. This will be a week 3 Update as I don't have any current pics. Tomorrow will be the start of week 4 buds are swelling nicely. Somehow some way the fresh air line came off the air pump and the roots got 1500ppm of co2 for about 6 hours.... NO GOOD!!! Any way they recovered fine. 12 or more hrs then we might have had a big issue.
Ppm is around 850
Ph 5.9
water temp 68
Room temp 66-80
Humidity % 30-% 50

I will try and get back to a weekly update!! Gotta go pluck! Heres some week 3 photos.
PART_1413006340408_IMAG0096.jpg
PART_1413006336225_IMAG0095.jpg
PART_1413006276628_IMAG0102.jpg
PART_1413006404717_IMAG0085.jpg
IMAG008222.jpg
PART_1413006350496_IMAG0098.jpg

The runt!
PART_1413006353518_IMAG0100.jpg

PART_1413006412388_IMAG0083-1.jpg

:bravo: those ladies are gonna get real fat real soon.

what could be the ill effects on the plants from the co2 issue ?

:bravo: those ladies are gonna get real fat real soon.

what could be the ill effects on the plants from the co2 issue ?

yupp, roots were getting nothing but co2 for a handful of hours... they werent happy lol but recovered just fine.
Girls are getting nice and plump! Extremely frosty aswell! Pictures and update coming this weekend!

Thanks HN! It's coming asap!! I promise! Been so swamped lately.. with everything going on in WA state I haven't had much time to myself. But update coming in the next couple days! There gettin nice and plump. I plan to run them to 10 weeks as long as I can keep them healthy. Gettin nice and frosty. Definitely a couple nug/plant of the months in this room..

Nwgrower, Im thinking of doing RDWC with my LSD clones coming soon. I need some information from you. I want to do 5 gallon buckets with the netpot tops like you have... same setup just smaller scale. What kind of fittings do you use on the 5 gallon buckets and what size hose do you use. Can you give me a little more information on where you drill your holes and the best method? Thanks!!! I will only be doing 2-3 plants with a reservoir.

UPDATE! WEEK 6 DAY 2

Sorry I haven't been able to update/get on near as much as I would like..
Girls are doing fantastic. Swelling and frosting up nicely. Im going to try and take them to 10 weeks... 8 at the minimum. The co2 Issue gave me quite the scare... nothings worse then going in your room to see all your girls damn near on the floor (thats the yellowing you see). It was caught quick thankfully. Anyway..

Ppm 920 ish
Ph 5.9
Water temp 67
Room temp 60-79
Humidity 40%

I ended up not using terpinator.. I wanted see this flying skull line by itself. And no complaints so far. The most ph stable nutrients ive ever worked with.. very happy camper. And the flowers.. well i think they talk for them selves... as soon as these girls come dowm i will be changing the system up, and hopefully can update every step of the way. I also plan on playing with some strains/breeding in the near future! I might enter for nug of the month once there the size of my fist! :)

These pics are from the past few days...
Enjoy :thanks::tokin::bigtoke:

PART_1414614186107_IMAG01751.jpg
PART_1414614198614_IMAG0185.jpg
PART_1414696994992_IMAG0169.jpg
PART_1414697049661_IMAG01661.jpg
PART_1414697045008_IMAG0156-1.jpg
PART_1414614190759_IMAG0179.jpg
PART_1414614119734_IMAG0189-1.jpg
PART_1414614182510_IMAG0167-1.jpg
PART_1414614119734_IMAG0189-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom