420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

Yes, I mean the paper bags that the grocery store can give you, sack, bag... I couldn't tell you the difference. The length of time at each stage depends on so many things, thickness of the buds, moisture content at chop, humidity in the room etc, and there is no standard answer, or this would be easy. Generally, 3-5 days in the air conditioned house for the first drying on the rack, then typically 2-3 days in the paper bags, and then another week burping the jars several times a day to try to get the rh down to 65. I love questions on my journals... they make things much more interesting than my crazy comments every day or so.
I am sorry you got pulled into an advanced drying method because of peer pressure when you were not ready and had not seen a standard dry and cure yet. These are some of the things that happen online to good people, that make me crazy.
I made an ill-informed attempt at using the same method & the results weren’t good. I’m still learning how to walk, so for now I stick to the basics. I have the rest of my life to get it all figured out…

Yes, I mean the paper bags that the grocery store can give you, sack, bag... I couldn't tell you the difference. The length of time at each stage depends on so many things, thickness of the buds, moisture content at chop, humidity in the room etc, and there is no standard answer, or this would be easy. Generally, 3-5 days in the air conditioned house for the first drying on the rack, then typically 2-3 days in the paper bags, and then another week burping the jars several times a day to try to get the rh down to 65. I love questions on my journals... they make things much more interesting than my crazy comments every day or so.
I am sorry you got pulled into an advanced drying method because of peer pressure when you were not ready and had not seen a standard dry and cure yet. These are some of the things that happen online to good people, that make me crazy.
Excellent. My work pharmacy has the exact bag I need by the sounds.

My flower room isn’t air conditioned but it sits around 21-25 degrees Celsius. And as I said I can control the humidity. I really want to learn to cure without bovida sachets or what ever they are called. I have them hanging in 60% humidity at the moment. I will watch them carefully.

And just to clear something up because you have mentioned peer pressure to me before. I wasn’t “pulled into” an advanced drying method. I asked for advice and received and educated opinion based on a growers experiences and success. Just like I am doing with you now. I am a grown woman and I thankfully haven’t succumbed to peer group pressure since I was in High School. I make my own choices based on the opinions and advice of people I both respect and admire. I don’t need to try and find someone to blame when advice that has been given to me doesn’t work for me. I learn, I regroup, and I try to find another way.

Emmybird there are a thousand ways to skin a rabbit. I think the secret is finding the best way that works for you. If the advice I have asked for works for me - excellent, if it doesn’t, then I can look for advice from another rabbit skinner. Oh and before I get reported to Admin for animal cruelty, I am by no way condoning the skinning of rabbits in the name of curing Mary Jane.

Thanks for your advice. I’m going to take it and if it all goes to shit I can blame you for peer group pressuring me LOLLINGGG. Xo

Looking good Em...

Ps. I've yet to find info about the type of loss you are suffering through, maybe the post was removed or something. But nevertheless I'm thinking of you and praying for your Days/Nights to get better ...

Looking good Em...

Ps. I've yet to find info about the type of loss you are suffering through, maybe the post was removed or something. But nevertheless I'm thinking of you and praying for your Days/Nights to get better ...
Thank you Cadboy... I haven't talked a lot about it. My older brother whom I have talked about for years, who was famous for mowing my yard for a 1/4 oz and helping out where he could, caught covid about a month ago and ended up dying of complications. He was 50 years old and was strong going into this; but no one saw this coming. There was no will and now his business is in probate. It is a huge mess, but we are dealing with it as well as we can. Thank you for your prayers as I am sure they will help.

Excellent. My work pharmacy has the exact bag I need by the sounds.

My flower room isn’t air conditioned but it sits around 21-25 degrees Celsius. And as I said I can control the humidity. I really want to learn to cure without bovida sachets or what ever they are called. I have them hanging in 60% humidity at the moment. I will watch them carefully.

And just to clear something up because you have mentioned peer pressure to me before. I wasn’t “pulled into” an advanced drying method. I asked for advice and received and educated opinion based on a growers experiences and success. Just like I am doing with you now. I am a grown woman and I thankfully haven’t succumbed to peer group pressure since I was in High School. I make my own choices based on the opinions and advice of people I both respect and admire. I don’t need to try and find someone to blame when advice that has been given to me doesn’t work for me. I learn, I regroup, and I try to find another way.

Emmybird there are a thousand ways to skin a rabbit. I think the secret is finding the best way that works for you. If the advice I have asked for works for me - excellent, if it doesn’t, then I can look for advice from another rabbit skinner. Oh and before I get reported to Admin for animal cruelty, I am by no way condoning the skinning of rabbits in the name of curing Mary Jane.

Thanks for your advice. I’m going to take it and if it all goes to shit I can blame you for peer group pressuring me LOLLINGGG. Xo
Sorry about the peer pressure crack... you just hang out with some real heavy hitters here on the forum and I was afraid that they had talked you into this advanced low and slow method before you were ready. Although it is a little alarming that you dived headlong into this advanced method on your own volition, it just shows what an independent thinker you are... but seriously, its just like training plants, where its best to see a plant grow naturally at least once before trying the advanced stuff, the cure is every bit half of the art of growing quality smoke, and in my humble opinion, it should be done the old fashioned way at least once, just to see what curing looks like, before moving on to the advanced techniques.

Thank you Cadboy... I haven't talked a lot about it. My older brother whom I have talked about for years, who was famous for mowing my yard for a 1/4 oz and helping out where he could, caught covid about a month ago and ended up dying of complications. He was 50 years old and was strong going into this; but no one saw this coming. There was no will and now his business is in probate. It is a huge mess, but we are dealing with it as well as we can. Thank you for your prayers as I am sure they will help.
This is definitely devastating...
I Will keep you & your family in my prayers ❤. If you ever wanna chat about anything PM me no worries.

2019/2020 I lost 7 family members, all different circumstances Non covid related, but it's painful nonetheless.

Remember the good times & Tell stories about them, it doesn't help the feelings to simmer down, but it does help to talk & Remember them in a positive light.

Stay strong, Stay safe!

Sorry about the peer pressure crack... you just hang out with some real heavy hitters here on the forum and I was afraid that they had talked you into this advanced low and slow method before you were ready. Although it is a little alarming that you dived headlong into this advanced method on your own volition, it just shows what an independent thinker you are... but seriously, its just like training plants, where its best to see a plant grow naturally at least once before trying the advanced stuff, the cure is every bit half of the art of growing quality smoke, and in my humble opinion, it should be done the old fashioned way at least once, just to see what curing looks like, before moving on to the advanced techniques.
Sorry for your loss Em.

I did the low and slow with half my harvest the first two grows.....and hung the rest. I prefer the hanging and did that with my full harvest the 3rd time.

Your girls look beautiful!!!

The first one has been chopped and weighed. It was one of the smaller plants in the room. 457 grams wet after removing all the big leaves, approximately 3.6 oz dry. We hope to do a little better with the next ones, and it looks like 3 more are being moved to the dark today. The production line has started.
If almost a QP from the lightest plant is what you end up with, that's pretty damn good, Em. You have 12 of these puppies? You're looking at 4+ pounds of dried buds, yes? That's amazing. And if it smokes as good as it looks and gives you any pain relief you may be seeking from it, more power to you! Based on your test bud report I'm sure it will. Haven't seen too much on the smells - how stinky is an individual plant? The entire room? A bud? Can you elocute on what it's pre-cure smell is all about to your sniffer and what you might project in that vein with the way you cure?

I think smell is really important and it's an area I haven't hit yet to my satisfaction. Real curious. Thanks.

If almost a QP from the lightest plant is what you end up with, that's pretty damn good, Em. You have 12 of these puppies? You're looking at 4+ pounds of dried buds, yes? That's amazing. And if it smokes as good as it looks and gives you any pain relief you may be seeking from it, more power to you! Based on your test bud report I'm sure it will. Haven't seen too much on the smells - how stinky is an individual plant? The entire room? A bud? Can you elocute on what it's pre-cure smell is all about to your sniffer and what you might project in that vein with the way you cure?

I think smell is really important and it's an area I haven't hit yet to my satisfaction. Real curious. Thanks.
Well, 4 zips from a 7 gal container is a little disappointing, but there are runts in every run. There is one more this size and then the rest of them should be at least 5-6 oz with a couple of them at the 7-8 oz size. I have 11 plants, so yes, that is going to be a good yield on this total run and the most I have ever cured at the same time. I am thinking very seriously of using 5 gallon buckets to cure in instead of jars. I also need to re-evaluate how I am treating the mid canopy growth all stuffed in these tomato cages and find a way to open them up a little more. Live and learn, I am constantly reviewing how I do things so I can find better ways. I still don't have the cages perfected, and I know now that it ends up being too compacted at the top. I have an idea, but it is going to involve bending some of my support poles.

The plants are super sticky and fragrant, with a distinct citrus smell coming from the grow room. The test bud tells me that the product is going to be strong, but of course I have no idea as to the properly dried/cured taste, potency and smell yet. The pre-cure smell even to my nose is still that of just cut green hay, but that will change as we get them dried out a bit. This will all change dramatically again even with one week of proper cure, but for now we simply work with it lovingly to get it to that point, while imagining the snap crackle pop that it will eventually give us as we put a lighter to it in a pipe.

Well, 4 zips from a 7 gal container is a little disappointing, but there are runts in every run. There is one more this size and then the rest of them should be at least 5-6 oz with a couple of them at the 7-8 oz size. I have 11 plants, so yes, that is going to be a good yield on this total run and the most I have ever cured at the same time. I am thinking very seriously of using 5 gallon buckets to cure in instead of jars. I also need to re-evaluate how I am treating the mid canopy growth all stuffed in these tomato cages and find a way to open them up a little more. Live and learn, I am constantly reviewing how I do things so I can find better ways. I still don't have the cages perfected, and I know now that it ends up being too compacted at the top. I have an idea, but it is going to involve bending some of my support poles.

The plants are super sticky and fragrant, with a distinct citrus smell coming from the grow room. The test bud tells me that the product is going to be strong, but of course I have no idea as to the properly dried/cured taste, potency and smell yet. The pre-cure smell even to my nose is still that of just cut green hay, but that will change as we get them dried out a bit. This will all change dramatically again even with one week of proper cure, but for now we simply work with it lovingly to get it to that point, while imagining the snap crackle pop that it will eventually give us as we put a lighter to it in a pipe.
Em I would skip the plastic. Wife made me listen to a podcast of a scientist suggesting her studies prove leaching plastic is the cause of all kinds of reproductive problems and all the beta males running around. I have no idea if it’s true but I’m sticking to glass.

Em I would skip the plastic. Wife made me listen to a podcast of a scientist suggesting her studies prove leaching plastic is the cause of all kinds of reproductive problems and all the beta males running around. I have no idea if it’s true but I’m sticking to glass.
If I may....I had this concern, and I use 5 gallon buckets as part of my curing process. I solved the fear by getting actual restaurant food grade 5 gallon buckets and food grade lids that have the big whole lid screw tops. Not only does this eliminate fear of plastic leaching, it also makes it extremely easy and effective with the screw top lid to burp the buckets if that's on your agenda. It is with mine. They're about $7/each with the lids at Home Depot.

I appreciate the warning Fudo, thank you! Do you know if this applies to food grade plastic pails? I have a BBQ place up the street that sells their pickle buckets, and they have a nice seal on the lid.

I appreciate the warning Fudo, thank you! Do you know if this applies to food grade plastic pails? I have a BBQ place up the street that sells their pickle buckets, and they have a nice seal on the lid.
I’m looking for it now…

There's a guy that does automated 5 gal bucket curing.

The link was not appropriate apparently, but search YouTube for Derek Gilman from Green Flower and his video titled:

DIY: An Innovative, Automated Cannabis Curing System

I can find no room wide leaf problems other than a little wind damage from the big rotating fan, with just a few cases of random things here and there. One plant with one branch showing a potassium problem, we saw some calcium indications 5 days ago at the top of some of the bigger plants, and there are a couple of spots with phosphorus indications... but all of that is not system wide, or even plant wide... they are just random expressions of a leaf being cannibalized for cause, a natural process, and it doesn't seem like anything to worry about or blame the nutrient program for. I really can see that @GeoFlora Nutrients has been able to keep up with these plants... and most significantly to me, there are no signs anywhere of problems with magnesium. I am not sure that I have EVER seen that happen in an entire room.
Em,

I know you have been impressed with these nutes. Do you think they could help me get around the small container issue? I want to grow organically but my 2gal max pot size doesn't allow a microbe population to self sustain nor does it allow enough volume to provide enough nutrients to sustain the grow thru to harvest. I don't have any issue providing nutes along the way, even every watering if necessary. This nute seems like it might get around the container size issue by supplying nutes that are plant available, or maybe providing new microbes at the same time.

Your thoughts?

Em,

I know you have been impressed with these nutes. Do you think they could help me get around the small container issue? I want to grow organically but my 2gal max pot size doesn't allow a microbe population to self sustain nor does it allow enough volume to provide enough nutrients to sustain the grow thru to harvest. I don't have any issue providing nutes along the way, even every watering if necessary This nute seems like it might get around the container size issue by supplying nutes that are plant available, or maybe providing new microbes at the same time.

Your thoughts?
I would think that @GeoFlora Nutrients would be a perfect solution for you. This was also one of the reasons that The Rev. developed his TLO method, because he enjoyed growing organically in 2 gallon containers. TLO used a bit of supersoil in the bottom of the container as well as layers and spikes of raw nutrient placed in the container, and then weekly targeted compost teas supplied the microbes. The microbes were not self sustainable in those small containers, but that didn't matter because new ones kept being introduced with every tea.

The same thing happens with geoflora, because the raw nutrients and microbes needed to process them are reapplied every time you water through the granules that you top feed every 2 weeks. There is no need to worry about needing additional nutrients or worrying about the longevity of your microbes, because this system time releases all of that every time you water. I was told that I could even use tap water complete with chlorine, and it wouldn't matter that it killed off a few microbes, because of the way this nutrient system works. The system is so complete you can use it to create an organic grow, using coco! It should do a magnificent job for you in your small containers.

Back
Top Bottom