420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14

...curious Bob on what your thoughts are on the yellow tips on your #3??...I've got a haze that's got the same thing going on...her sister, and all other girlz(some sativa leaning) aren't showing similar, and all in the same soil...just a fussy feeder pheno?...not too worried about it...but curious...

...On another note, if things keep going as they are, good chance you can get some dock time this summer...my 2'nd jab is in a couple day's, and the province as a whole is making great strides...ticks suck!!...stay well...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

I ran cookies outside last year was only 12 feet tall. Little shorties. :laugh:
Noooo...don't tell me that!!! :eek:
Haa haaa...I have plans on growing one of the GSC girls in the ground.

I wish I could live somewhere where I could grow monster plants any size I want...anywhere on my property!

...curious Bob on what your thoughts are on the yellow tips on your #3??...
and all in the same soil...just a fussy feeder pheno?...not too worried about it...but curious...
I'm with you Dr Hook. I have a plant showing the same thing. Same soil. Same feeding. Everything the same that I can tell. Also, like you I'm not worried but curious. I'm using GeoFlora nutrients FYI so it's not even supposed to do that from what I understand about granular organics.

...curious Bob on what your thoughts are on the yellow tips on your #3??...I've got a haze that's got the same thing going on...her sister, and all other girlz(some sativa leaning) aren't showing similar, and all in the same soil...just a fussy feeder pheno?...not too worried about it...but curious...

...On another note, if things keep going as they are, good chance you can get some dock time this summer...my 2'nd jab is in a couple day's, and the province as a whole is making great strides...ticks suck!!...stay well...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

That sounds great on the boarder opening, I'm glad things are getting better in the province. It's probably like it is because USA and Britain bought up all the vaccines early on. Canada has to play catchup. Hopefully NYS will start sharing extra vaccines with our northerly neighbors. That'd be a great segue to get our boarder opened.

Good question on #3 - She's been a problem child from the beginning. Something in the root zone even tho all the soil is the same. I'm hoping she will shape up in time.

Her roots are not as big as all her sisters that I know fer sure. She's not taking up water like all the others. I may let the soil dry out more and just skip watering just her and see if that helps.

She actually was farther along in the seedling stage and started showing necrosis on the leaves very early on which usually for me its a sign I waited too long to transplant. This one is different tho. Her leaf shape and size are smaller and thinner. Could be more of a sativa leaner and going to take longer. Usually I dont need to top dress/amend sativa dom plants they dont need much not even extra water. Maybe that's it and I've been over watering.

I would normally already be using the Geoflora as an amendment. But fresh soil - don't wanna burn them. There will come a time tho since I'm going to stay in 4gal pots that I will need to amend. They are growing perfect right now so not going to mess with it.

If it ain't broke.... I like to keep it simple.

Since the Geoflora is a time release I will try and be pro-active on the amending.

I would normally already be using the Geoflora as an amendment. But fresh soil - don't wanna burn them.
Just read a wonderful response from @Emilya about soil and organics. I also pre-charged my soil and adding a top dressing of @GeoFlora Nutrients . They won't burn. GF also assured us that a little extra won't hurt them. So what we are thinking is tip burn is likely not that at all! Simply the plant communicating that it is content.

I tried it mixed in with my new batch of soil in a few pots and both plants got a little wonky. There's too many variables to say whats what. I usually always err on the side of caution.

All I do to charge up my soil is add in vermi-compost and boi-char.

They both have all sorts of bennies in them. Then I do a top dress with bokashi on top of the soil in large 40 gal bins, add some water and let the mycelium have at it. Inna week its ready.

GSC Pic bomb alert

20210620_124322.jpg

20210620_124304.jpg

20210620_124244.jpg

20210620_124226.jpg

20210620_124217.jpg

20210620_124211.jpg

20210620_124206.jpg

Been pretty busy in the gardens.

Update on this grow:

Seedlings up-potted on 5/26 so almost 4 weeks in VEG.

They are growing nicely and have been thinking about flipping to flower here any day now.

Everything rolling along perfect.

Turned on my automated watering and filled the water reservoir with RO water.

About to turn up the MarsHydro FC-e6500 to full power. Its set to about 90% now. I think the plants are ready to go the distance on full.

I wish all my grows went this un-eventful.

So here's a comparison pic from day of up-pot to yesterday's family picture.

At up-pot:

20210526_161320-jpg.2362855

Yesterday:

20210620_124304-jpg.2375583

We looking good here. Love my tribe.

With the automated watering system set up the girls are taking off now.

I had to stake up #3 and removed some lower fans and took cuts off #4. They are in the cloner now.

They didn't like being cut off. My cuts wilted in about 5 minutes had them in some water while getting the cloner ready.

We will see..... why did I take cuts of #4? Ease of access is all I got.

Here's some pics form this morning. Automated watering has been active for 3 days and am noticing fast growth now.

#3 I top dressed with some GeoFora VEG. 1 tbs. Let's see if she likes it.

#5 to #1 with group shot last

20210623_114158.jpg

20210623_114149.jpg

20210623_114123.jpg

20210623_114058.jpg

20210623_114047.jpg

20210623_110946.jpg

With the automated watering system set up the girls are taking off now.

I had to stake up #3 and removed some lower fans and took cuts off #4. They are in the cloner now.

They didn't like being cut off. My cuts wilted in about 5 minutes had them in some water while getting the cloner ready.

We will see..... why did I take cuts of #4? Ease of access is all I got.

Here's some pics form this morning. Automated watering has been active for 3 days and am noticing fast growth now.

#3 I top dressed with some GeoFora VEG. 1 tbs. Let's see if she likes it.

#5 to #1 with group shot last

20210623_114158.jpg

20210623_114149.jpg

20210623_114123.jpg

20210623_114058.jpg

20210623_114047.jpg

20210623_110946.jpg
I'm looking into this set up as a mate reckons quicker growth could u tell me bit bout autopot do you get bigger yield?

Back
Top Bottom